Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree? (If you select "yes" you'll automatically be in the list)

• Yes!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello! I am Remi, and I created this thread using some of my own ideas, and some of the ideas that were made up by @Foxy011 and @MFHfrosteh (Doesn't have a forums account). We think that Battle Zone dies too fast. It's a very good gamemode, and I really enjoy playing it. But, there are problems. When it first came out, everyone complained about the bugs that were in the game, and some of them even abused them. (For example, the water bug, the bug that you could not jump off the pig plane, the incredible high ping players got, etcetera.)
When the bugs were fixed, everybody left. The management team kept updating battle zone, with awesome features, but they came too fast. You simply can't release 6 updates of 1 single game in a row. (I know there was a skywars update between the first and the second update)
The problem now is that the games simply don't start. You can even wait for 4 hours, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to start 1 single game. This is very sad, in my opinion. Battle Zone is an awesome game with incredible guns like the flamethrower and the shotgun, and I do enjoy it. But there's no way to enjoy a game if games simply don't start. I don't want this game to die like Ultra Hardcore, SG and other games did. You spent too much time to update and improve the gamemode, and I just enjoy playing it too much. That's why we have to start something! Here are ideas to make battle zone less dead. Ideas for a last update in a certain period of time.

Our ideas:
  • Decrease the amount of players needed to start a game. This has already been suggested in countless of threads, but I just can't skip this suggestion. One of the best ways to make a game start is by decreasing the number of players needed to start a game! This could be reduced to 15-20 players.
  • If the amount of players needed to start a game has decreased, decrease the maximum players that fit in a game. 100 players. First, it was easy to get a game of battle zone filled. But since many players have quit the game, it's most likely that this is never gonna be reached again. Please decrease the maximum amount of players that fit in 1 game of battle zone. In solo, the maximum amount of players could be decreased to 40. Or 30.
  • Make the maps smaller. We don't need such a big map if we play with 40 players, so my suggestion is to remove some cities, and the blocks under them. I have nothing against the cities, since the builders spent very much time to create them, but otherwise, the map would be too large. That would decrease the amount of fights in the game, which is the actual goal of the game. For sure, there's still the border that's shrinking, but it's just too large to have many fights in.
  • Add messages that remind you of battle zone. If there'd be certain messages like "Check out our great game! Battle Zone has been released", or "Gunfights, buildbattles, you can find them in Battle Zone!", more curious players would play or at least try Battle Zone. The reason why I've added bold words is because if you'd click them you'd be teleported to the battle zone lobby. The messages would show up every hour, and there should be variation.
Then, we have this message, posted by Tacosbefriends on Scottness' thread:
I've asked multiple times for the starting minimum to be reduced, but as I understand it, reducing it for this game would require us to redo how every game on the network decides when to start. Sadly, I don't think this will get implemented, but consider it escalated.

The problem is that if we wouldn't do it now, you can just remove the game. The game won't be played more if the games don't start. Everybody thinks "The games never start, and I don't want to wait. So I leave. Never gonna play this game again, it just takes too long for this game to be filled.". We won't get anywhere if we simply don't try. Everybody knows that there's never gonna join 100 players in 1 game again, and 30 players to start a game is just too much for a game that's almost dead. Try it, please. Just like our best football players ever said (Johan Cruyff): "Nooit geschoten is altijd mis." (Translation: "If you don't shoot, you will anyways miss."), which is a saying to symbolize that you should always try before saying no to something.

This is the start of a new movement. Who joins?
This is a list of people that joined this 'movement', to show the management that we urgently need changes. I'm not forcing you to join, but it would be nice. You'll be in this list when liking and/or voting yes on my thread.

List:
  • RemiO05
  • Foxy011
  • MFHfrosteh
  • _Oplex_
  • Astral
  • Suayhn
  • werra11
  • Falice
  • Jef15ist
  • Tacosbefriends
  • TheJeroen
  • Spuuuni
  • PapaTijd
  • CommunistCactus
  • bumbakiller
  • Shamel
  • Josher
  • Quinten7
  • HangarGeek
  • TheBrownster
Hopefully, there are more people to join!

That's it! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day,
Remi
By the way please don't lock this thread for being a complaint thread since this is a thread to convince the management team that we urgently need changes! :>

Last edited:

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello! I am Remi, and I created this thread using some of my own ideas, and some of the ideas that were made up by @Foxy011 and @MFHfrosteh (Doesn't have a forums account). We think that Battle Zone dies too fast. It's a very good gamemode, and I really enjoy playing it. But, there are problems. When it first came out, everyone complained about the bugs that were in the game, and some of them even abused them. (For example, the water bug, the bug that you could not jump off the pig plane, the incredible high ping players got, etcetera.)
When the bugs were fixed, everybody left. The management team kept updating battle zone, with awesome features, but they came too fast. You simply can't release 6 updates of 1 single game in a row. (I know there was a skywars update in between the first and the second update)
The problem now is that the games simply don't start. You can even wait for 4 hours, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to start 1 single game. This is very sad, in my opinion. Battle Zone is an awesome game with incredible guns like the flamethrower and the shotgun, and do enjoy it. But there's no way to enjoy a game if games simply don't start. I don't want this game to die like Ultra Hardcore, SG and other games did. You spent too much time to update and improve the gamemode, and I just enjoy playing it too much. That's why we have to start something! Here are ideas to make battle zone less dead. Ideas for a last update in a certain period of time.

Our ideas:
  • Decrease the amount of players needed to start a game. This has already been suggested in countless of threads, but I just can't skip this suggestion. One of the best ways to make a game start is by decreasing the number of players needed to start a game! This could be reduced to 15-20 players.
  • If the amount of players needed to start a game has decreased, decrease the maximum players that fit in a game. 100 players. First, it was easy to get a game of battle zone filled. But since many players have quit the game, it's most likely that this is never gonna be reached again. Please decrease the maximum amount of players that fit in 1 game of battle zone. In solo, the maximum amount of players could be decreased to 40. Or 30.
  • Make the maps smaller. We don't need such a big map if we play with 40 players, so my suggestion is to remove some cities, and the blocks under them. I have nothing against the cities, since the builders spent very much time to create them, but otherwise, the game would be too large. That would decrease the amount of fights in the game, which is the acutal goal of the game. For sure, there's still the border that's shrinking, but it's just too large to have many fights in.
  • Add messages that remind you of battle zone. If there'd be certain messages like "Check out our great game! Battle Zone has been released", or "Gunsfights, buildbattles, you can find them in Battle Zone!", more curious played would play or at least try Battle Zone. The reason why I've added bold words is because if you'd click them you'd be teleported to the battle zone lobby. The messages would show up every hour, and there should be variation.
Then, we have this message, posted by Tacosbefriends:

The problem is that if we wouldn't do it now, you can just remove the game. The game won't be played more if the games don't start. Everybody thinks "The games never start, and I don't want to wait. So I leave. Never gonna play this game again, it just takes too long for this game to be filled.". We won't get anywhere if we simply don't try. Everybody knows that there's never gonna join 100 players in 1 game again, and 30 players to start a game is just too much for a game that's almost dead. Try it, please. Just like our best football players ever said (Johan Cruyff): "Nooit geschoten is altijd mis." (Translation: "If you don't shoot, you will anyways miss."), which is a saying to symbolize that you should always try before saying no to something.

This is the start of a new movement. Who joins?
This is a list of people that joined this 'movement', to show the management that we urgently need changes. I'm not forcing you to join, but it would be nice. You'll be in this list when liking and/or voting yes on my thread.

List:
  • RemiO05
  • Foxy011
  • MFHfrosteh
  • _Oplex_
  • Astral
  • Suayhn
  • werra11
Hopefully, there are more people to join!

That's it! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day,
Remi
By the way please don't lock this thread for being a complaint thread since this is a thread to convince the management team that we urgently need changes! :>
A very good thread.

Battle zone does have a lot of potential, and it’s just a shame it has died so quickly. It was only released 2 months ago.

Reactions: Juskebat and remio

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
H

Our ideas:
Decrease the amount of players needed to start a game. This has already been suggested in countless of threads, but I just can't skip this suggestion. One of the best ways to make a game start is by decreasing the number of players needed to start a game! This could be reduced to 15-20 players.
Definitely!
If the amount of players needed to start a game has decreased, decrease the maximum players that fit in a game. 100 players. First, it was easy to get a game of battle zone filled. But since many players have quit the game, it's most likely that this is never gonna be reached again. Please decrease the maximum amount of players that fit in 1 game of battle zone. In solo, the maximum amount of players could be decreased to 40. Or 30.
Well, a Battle Royale game should have 100 player slots. But 100 Minecraft players in one waiting lobby/game? No. 50 will be good, I don't like the idea of decreasing it to 40 or even 30 slots.
Make the maps smaller. We don't need such a big map if we play with 40 players, so my suggestion is to remove some cities, and the blocks under them. I have nothing against the cities, since the builders spent very much time to create them, but otherwise, the map would be too large. That would decrease the amount of fights in the game, which is the actual goal of the game. For sure, there's still the border that's shrinking, but it's just too large to have many fights in.
They should halve the map if the slots get decreased to 50. Easy as that.
Add messages that remind you of battle zone. If there'd be certain messages like "Check out our great game! Battle Zone has been released", or "Gunfights, buildbattles, you can find them in Battle Zone!", more curious players would play or at least try Battle Zone. The reason why I've added bold words is because if you'd click them you'd be teleported to the battle zone lobby. The messages would show up every hour, and there should be variation.
To be completely honest, no thanks. They would have to send messages for 50% of the games on here, and it will merely make it even messier. Some new players might get interested in playing the game when seeing a message, but in general, a message doesn't make me want to play a game. Every player that has been on for a while, knows Battle Zone exists. They probably already checked it out too. They might dislike it, no problem, but getting a message every hour will change absolutely nothing.

The problem is that if we wouldn't do it now, you can just remove the game. The game won't be played more if the games don't start.
A very true statement, sheep.

Reactions: remio

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I want to know what went on inside CubeCraft's head when they thought ''making a game where you need 100 players to start it is probably a good idea. Ya know. We're totally not known for having dead games. I'm sure this will work and games will start.''

Also, about the giving a message to remind people BZ exist: I can understand why you think it's a good idea. But I'm not looking forward to playing a game and randomly a message pops up saying ''HEY! REMINDER! BATTLE ZONE EXIST! WE KNOW YOU KNOW IT EXIST. BUT WE STILL WANTED TO GIVE YOU THIS REMINDER TO LOOK DESPARTE FOR PLAYERS. OK BYEEEEE.''

Reactions: Shallidor

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I want to know what went on inside CubeCraft's head when they thought ''making a game where you need 100 players to start it is probably a good idea. Ya know. We're totally not known for having dead games. I'm sure this will work and games will start.''

Also, about the giving a message to remind people BZ exist: I can understand why you think it's a good idea. But I'm not looking forward to playing a game and randomly a message pops up saying ''HEY! REMINDER! BATTLE ZONE EXIST! WE KNOW YOU KNOW IT EXIST. BUT WE STILL WANTED TO GIVE YOU THIS REMINDER TO LOOK DESPARTE FOR PLAYERS. OK BYEEEEE.''
But it did work... it worked for almost 2 months but now it has started to degrade, naturally as things do.

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
I haven’t had much an opportunity to explore battle zone and i hate fortnite but if this thread is well implemented i think i might pick it up and see what the fuss is about.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
As some people already said, I am strongly against any messages that flood your chat even more than it already is...
For the other things, I don't really care honestly.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Suggestion: Let Battlezone die. You tried it, and even gave it what, six updates? You're not going to annoy people into playing something; if people aren't interested after six updates, let it die because the people just aren't bothered about it. The fact you want to remind people the game exists says just how little people care about it.

If you have to downsize a game, making it essentially a Survival Game variant just to get people to play it, then the ship has already sailed and you shouldn't try to chase after it anymore.

Sometimes it's better not to shoot at all, because shooting requires energy. Why waste your energy on an obviously bad outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom