Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I always find Minerware could do with a bit more variety, so here are 4 suggestions for new games to be added:

Basketball
Using the same mechanics as the snowball in Snowman Survival, players must throw a basketball into a large hoop floating above and away from the platform.
2018-01-12_16.37.52.png

• The basketball could be a pumpkin and the player could hold the same, or instead a custom player head of a basketball.
  • I think the player should get 3 throws, and there isn't any need to impose a delay between them.
  • The charge-up shot from Snowman Survival is unnecessary and shouldn't be included, also the momentum of the ball should be low enough that you have to aim above the hoop for it to drop in.
  • Only one successful throw is required to win the microgame.
Hard Mode: The hoop is slightly smaller, and players only get one throw.

Hit The Bats
The default Minerware platform is sealed over by barrier blocks with maybe 3 blocks of headroom. 30 bats are spawned in, and continue to spawn at a constant rate over the next 10 seconds. To win the microgame, a player must hit at least 5 bats before the timer runs out! As soon as a bat is hit, it dies, even if if wasn't a fully charged hit.

Hard Mode: Players need to hit 8 bats in the same length of time.

Escape The Nether

Players are teleported into separate straight 1x2x12 tunnels and have to mine through the blocks to get to the nether portal before the timer runs out and an fireball breaks it! It's all about quickly changing between tools for the different types of blocks filling the tunnel:
  • Netherrack - to be broken with a stone pickaxe
  • Soul Sand - to be broken with a stone shovel
  • Acacia Wood Planks - to be broken with an iron axe
  • Cobweb - to be broken with an iron sword
Each player would be trapped within their respective tunnel but should be able to see their opponents' progress through indestructible glass or barrier blocks, or maybe the glowing effect. The layout of the blocks should be randomly generated but the same for everyone - here's a cool 3D diagram to give you an idea of the inside of the tunnel:
2018-01-12_20.59.22.png

Hard Mode: The portal is destroyed slightly sooner, and Lava slowly creeps up behind the player. If they touch it, they die! This will naturally get those who wouldn't have reached the portal anyway, but also means you often won't be able to stand still and mine blocks ahead of the same type, before breaking the one closest that requires a different tool.

Boss Game: Horse Race
All players are teleported to a racecourse on horseback and have to reach the finish line first (or second or third). All horses are exactly the same and players can't hit horses or their riders. Also, collision detection between the horses should be disabled.
It would be great if the track wasn't all flat and didn't have laps, but did feature small hurdles that must be jumped over, the occasional option to chose one of two routes (like in wing rush) and had other interesting features like tight bends, narrow straights and maybe even a ford or tunnel!

Hard Mode: The course is modified to be more difficult with taller hurdles, more obstacles, traps like craters which take some perseverance to climb out of, and cobwebs. Also, collision between horses is enabled :D

What suggestions do you like, and what improvements could be made?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I always find Minerware could do with a bit more variety, so here are 4 suggestions for new games to be added:

Basketball
Using the same mechanics as the snowball in Snowman Survival, players must throw a basketball into a large hoop floating above and away from the platform.View attachment 141224
  • The basketball could be a pumpkin and the player could hold the same, or instead a custom player head of a basketball.
  • I think the player should get 3 throws, and there isn't any need to impose a delay between them.
  • The charge-up shot from Snowman Survival is unnecessary and shouldn't be included, also the momentum of the ball should be low enough that you have to aim above the hoop for it to drop in.

Hit The Bats
The default Minerware platform is sealed over by barrier blocks with maybe 3 blocks of headroom. 30 bats are spawned in, and continue to spawn at a constant rate over the next 10 seconds. To win the microgame, a player must hit at least 5 bats before the timer runs out! As soon as a bat is hit, it dies, even if if wasn't a fully charged hit.

Escape The Nether

Players are teleported into separate straight 1x2x12 tunnels and have to mine through the blocks to get to the nether portal before the timer runs out and an fireball breaks it! It's all about quickly changing between tools for the different types of blocks filling the tunnel:
Each player would be trapped within their respective tunnel but should be able to see their opponents' progress through indestructible glass or barrier blocks, or maybe the glowing effect. The layout of the blocks should be randomly generated but the same for everyone - here's a cool 3D diagram to give you an idea of the inside of the tunnel:
View attachment 141226
Hard Mode: The portal is destroyed slightly sooner, and Lava slowly creeps up behind the player. If they touch it, they die! This will naturally get those who wouldn't have reached the portal anyway, but also means you often won't be able to stand still and mine blocks ahead of the same type, before breaking the one closest that requires a different tool.

All players are teleported to a racecourse on horseback and have to reach the finish line first (or second or third). All horses are exactly the same and players can't hit horses or their riders. Also, collision detection between the horses should be disabled.
It would be great if the track wasn't all flat and didn't have laps, but did feature small hurdles that must be jumped over, the occasional option to chose one of two routes (like in wing rush) and had other interesting features like tight bends, narrow straights and maybe even a ford or tunnel!

Hard Mode: The course is modified to be more difficult with taller hurdles, more obstacles, traps like craters which take some perseverance to climb out of, and cobwebs. Also, collision between horses is enabled :D

Amazing ideas!
+1

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I like all your ideas and some of them are so original that I just wanna test it out.
Basketball
Using the same mechanics as the snowball in Snowman Survival, players must throw a basketball into a large hoop floating above and away from the platform.
2018-01-12_16-37-52-png.141224

I really like this game because it is very original and it would look so cool in Minerware , this is just a amazingly cool game!!

Escape The Nether
2018-01-12_20-59-22-png.141226

I also like this game a lot because it will give you the opportunity to get known to every tool in the game and you will also need to learn how to switch your tools so fast.

This is a good suggestion , keep on coming up with crazy cool games like these!!!

Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I really, really liked all these ideas. I'd say it should definitely be added. To be perfectly honest, I would like to add on the horse race that you get a bow and just a few arrows, and have a chance to hit other players which would stun them for a small time of around 2-3 seconds. Other than that, I really do like all these thoughts.

Hard Mode? Stunned time increased, more arrows. This is just a random suggestion, I might understand that some people won't like it, but I'm just throwing my opinion out there.

Or maybe hard mode could have bows and arrows while normal mode doesn't?

Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Basketball
Using the same mechanics as the snowball in Snowman Survival, players must throw a basketball into a large hoop floating above and away from the platform.View attachment 141224

Hit The Bats

Escape The Nether

View attachment 141226

These sound super fun!
+1

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom