Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
How else you take other than an insult?
Did you read anything I just wrote?
harsh and did you read what i said you have no proof that they don't mean it
It was sarcasm.
If you couldn't tell.
actually no because there is no reason i would no it's typing on a page for all we know you could be on the other side of the country how would i know that think before you type

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'll just write something here so you two aren't so alone in this thread.

I personally don't report hackers.
1). I don't have a camera.
You don't need a camera to record your screen. You can install a screenrecorder, which one you can use depends on your operating system, on Windows people seem to like OBS, on Linux I use simplescreenrecorder and there's something for apple, too.

Also I think the conversation drifted a bit away from awards for reports. I don't need them as an incentive, but if they lead to more legit hacker reports I'm all for it. They could even do a test run and remove it if people start to make fake reports for the reward.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'll just write something here so you two aren't so alone in this thread.
Much appreciated.

You don't need a camera to record your screen. You can install a screenrecorder, which one you can use depends on your operating system, on Windows people seem to like OBS, on Linux I use simplescreenrecorder and there's something for apple, too.
I've only tried Bandicam, which ironically doesn't work for my FPS yet I see as the most common screenrecorder :s

Also I think the conversation drifted a bit away from awards for reports. I don't need them as an incentive, but if they lead to more legit hacker reports I'm all for it. They could even do a test run and remove it if people start to make fake reports for the reward.
I like this. At least give it a try.

Fel_Orc11

Dec 28, 2015
The only reward I'd like is reports to be dealt with to be honest.

I understand that their may be limiting factors but nearly a week into my reporting and having 4 out of about 30 reports dealt with is something that really needs to be worked on. I also understand that "Bumping" or "Tagging" a staff member has been suggested, but honestly, bugging them to do something which should be considered to do when applying isn't something I want to do.

Reactions: FamalamJamalam

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Might be fun to have a giveaway to people who successfully report players a lot but it is very uneccesary. A lot of forums users make an account to report one player anyway and if they win they won't come back on to know they have.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Giving rewards isn't a good idea. Reporting hackers should be done whether you get rewards or not. There is not point in getting people to do something just for a reward. Today's society is so concerned on getting something out of everything they do but that's not what the goal should be. You should be reporting hackers in the first place as it is the right thing to do and is done by those who actually care and want the server to remain clean and fair.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I honestly think no one deserves a prize for doing something they're supposed to do. Maybe, if you get around 100 hackers/Rule Breakers banned, possibly like 100 experience?
But I mean, community members aren't supposed to report hackers. Sure its nice if they do (which they do), but I think it would be nice to give them something for the work they've done for the server. :)

Reactions: XXPie_GuyXX

nickle_pickle_53

Oct 7, 2016
i would like to report PilotMcGaming and djtheruler for hacking in skywars and everytime i play a game there is a hacker and i just want a fair match by teaming up with my pal and someone not using X-Ray tring to not be obvious or someone flying in the air and killing both me and my pal from the opisite side of the world

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
NO. That would be way too unbalanced. There are hundreds of hackers every day and if you get a reward, that's like 5000 points per day. Plus, it should be hard to earn points.
5000 points a day? What server are you on? No one reports enough hackers to get that, and I think its nice to the people who are actually TRYING to clean up the server. Its hard for the mods so we need to step up and help, and I think this is a great way to promote that.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
i would like to report PilotMcGaming and djtheruler for hacking in skywars and everytime i play a game there is a hacker and i just want a fair match by teaming up with my pal and someone not using X-Ray tring to not be obvious or someone flying in the air and killing both me and my pal from the opisite side of the world
Report hackers here --> https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24/ with video evidence.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
That honestly shows how greedy some people are for rewards....
It's not necessarily about being greedy, it takes a lot of time to edit a hacker video and to upload it to youtube and if players create hundreds of reports I personally believe that they do deserve something in return as they helped the serverr out a lot. And even if people would start reporting hackers just for a reward, it doesn't really matter as the hackers get banned and that's the most important part in my opinion.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I think maybe, maybe not a reward in-game, but a reward that makes it easier to record hackers or something in that direction.
For instance if you have more than a thousand successful reports and 99% of your reports are actual hackers, you could get the power to prematurely ban the hackers before posting the report on forums and Youtube, to save some time and effort.

kirakira

Oct 6, 2016
50/50 for me. I think it's not a bad idea. Reporting hackers in the first place is not an easy task. To successfully report a player for hacking, you must have video evidence. The process of reporting a rule-breaker already takes time and effort.

1) You need to first get a recording software that works.
2) You need to learn how it works.
3) You need to record the rule-breaking happening.
4) Edit and upload the video to YouTube to add it to your report.
5) Fill in the details of the hacker and incident, etc.

Compared to just instantly calling a player a hacker in-game after getting killed, this is definitely different. This may encourage more players to report legit hackers. Yes, if "getting rewarded" is needed for more players to be doing this, then so be it. They're still doing all of us a favour by having one less hacker in a game.

Although I admit that this may be abused, the video evidence required for every report may deter those players from falsely accusing. But there is still the possibility of players abusing it, so that's why I'm still pretty neutral about this.

However, the thought that this idea may increase the chances of hackers getting caught and that I'll be able to play in peace, AND possibly get rewarded for it, is definitely great.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
5000 points a day? What server are you on? No one reports enough hackers to get that, and I think its nice to the people who are actually TRYING to clean up the server. Its hard for the mods so we need to step up and help, and I think this is a great way to promote that.
Im exxagerrating but you get the idea. There are plenty of hackers and a reward would be unnecessary.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!!
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations bro you can do it !! 🤍
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Top Bottom