Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Thijsieb

Nov 30, 2016
Someone know the old days that Assesination was 1.8 PvP?
i think it's a cool idea to put Assesination back to 1.8 for a week and pvp like we did back in the old days!

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me
D

Deleted member 59979

I disagree because people will not understand that it is only for a week and the server will lose hundreds of players because 1.9 is vastly more popular than 1.8. Also, the rest of the PvP lobby is not compatible with 1.8 and so there would have to be a large amount of effort put in for something that wouldnt be worth it in the end.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
i think it's a cool idea to put Assesination back to 1.8 for a week and pvp like we did back in the old days!
No. Maybe just make the pvp gamemode avaliable for 1.8 because players who do play 1.8 will know what they are playing.
1.9 is vastly more popular than 1.8.
Im not disagreeing with you, but people would say other wise...

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I disagree because people will not understand that it is only for a week and the server will lose hundreds of players because 1.9 is vastly more popular than 1.8. Also, the rest of the PvP lobby is not compatible with 1.8 and so there would have to be a large amount of effort put in for something that wouldnt be worth it in the end.
Wait wait? You said 1.9 pvp is vastly more popular than 1.8? Nice joke... I don't know if you use eyes or something but 1.8 is the most popular version in minecraft.

Reactions: Priley

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Not for a week, maybe make a 1.8 version of assisination, call it Classic Assisination. Just like the Classic duels and classic pvp.

Reactions: Priley
A

A pigeon

Wait wait? You said 1.9 pvp is vastly more popular than 1.8? Nice joke... I don't know if you use eyes or something but 1.8 is the most popular version in minecraft.
I was bored so i decided to see whether commie commented on pm regarding survival when i saw this comment. ^

Lol. Next time please quote your soure when providing facts. You’re super mistaken friendo. 1.12.2 is the most popular version of minecraft. @The First Hokage can show you proof. Or you can take 5 mins and check dinnerbone’s twittet . ps whats your discord dotsially? I saw someone called dots but it wasnt you apparently i was like so confused.

tldr; srop lying and spreading misinformation. Do some research. It takes 2 miniutes.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I was bored so i decided to see whether commie commented on pm regarding survival when i saw this comment. ^

Lol. Next time please quote your soure when providing facts. You’re super mistaken friendo. 1.12.2 is the most popular version of minecraft. @The First Hokage can show you proof. Or you can take 5 mins and check dinnerbone’s twittet . ps whats your discord dotsially? I saw someone called dots but it wasnt you apparently i was like so confused.

tldr; srop lying and spreading misinformation. Do some research. It takes 2 miniutes.
I can't even take you seriously. 1.8 is the most popular. And sure The First Hokage can give me proof. But i have proof too. Did you ever see hypixel? Yes enough proof ''friendo''. And idfc if you think i am spreading lies because you are just a 1.9 fanboy, stop defending your 1.9 because 1.8 is more popular.

tldr; Srop lying and spreading misinformation. Do some research. It takes 2 minutes, and go see hypixel.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I can't even take you seriously. 1.8 is the most popular. And sure The First Hokage can give me proof. But i have proof too. Did you ever see hypixel? Yes enough proof ''friendo''. And idfc if you think i am spreading lies because you are just a 1.9 fanboy, stop defending your 1.9 because 1.8 is more popular.

tldr; Srop lying and spreading misinformation. Do some research. It takes 2 minutes, and go see hypixel.
Stop spreading lies. In March 2017, Hypixel said that 61% of the server was on 1.8. By October, this number shrunk to 49%, so 1.9+ is now the majority. If the same rate continued, 1.9+ now makes up 57% of the sever, or 4 out of 7 people.

Let's start with the non-SMP multiplayer. Java edition has about 20 million active players at any given time. Hypixel has 50,000 on average. That's a quarter of one percent. If 600k log on to Hypixel daily, that's 3%. If Hypixel's logins represent about 20% of total server logins, that's 3 million daily players with 35% and decreasing on 1.8. From 15% of Minecraft's community, thats 5.3% 1.8 and 9.7% 1.9+

And don't forget, that's 1.8 most friendly community. The next closest is the modders / modded community, which based purely off the number of mods an the amount of people playing is roughly 70% 1.10.2 / 1.12 and 30% 1.7.10. This is about 3% of the community, for 2.1% 1.10+ and 0.9% 1.8

And now for the death community to this argument. About 97% of survival (including SMP) players are on 1.9+, which is 55% of the Minecraft Java players (and om Bedrock its nearly 80%) . With 97% of 1.9+, survival communities make are 53.4% 1.9+ and 1.6% 1.8-

And the remaining communities, composed of builders, redstone makers, mapmakers, realms players, educational coders, professional coders, and the rest are nearly 100% 1.12. I'll consider this 99% 1.12 for 26.7% 1.12 and 0.3% everything else (including 1.9-1.11)

So let's do the math:
1.8 - 5.3 + 0.9 + 1.6 + 0.3 = 8.1%
1.12 - 9.7 + 2.1 + 53.4 + 26.7 = 91.9%

So yea how about you do some research

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
And don't forget, that's 1.8 most friendly community. The next closest is the modders / modded community, which based purely off the number of mods an the amount of people playing is roughly 70% 1.10.2 / 1.12 and 30% 1.7.10. This is about 3% of the community, for 2.1% 1.10+ and 0.9% 1.8

And now for the death community to this argument. About 97% of survival (including SMP) players are on 1.9+, which is 55% of the Minecraft Java players (and om Bedrock its nearly 80%) . With 97% of 1.9+, survival communities make are 53.4% 1.9+ and 1.6% 1.8-

And the remaining communities, composed of builders, redstone makers, mapmakers, realms players, educational coders, professional coders, and the rest are nearly 100% 1.12. I'll consider this 99% 1.12 for 26.7% 1.12 and 0.3% everything else (including 1.9-1.11)
Where did you find the percentages, i can say too 99,99% is 1.8 but that is just not true. Give me some proof like websites or something instead of making some random percentages... And don't say like in the previous thread ''common sense'' because that pure bull****

Reactions: Earth

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Stop spreading lies. In March 2017, Hypixel said that 61% of the server was on 1.8. By October, this number shrunk to 49%, so 1.9+ is now the majority. If the same rate continued, 1.9+ now makes up 57% of the sever, or 4 out of 7 people.

Let's start with the non-SMP multiplayer. Java edition has about 20 million active players at any given time. Hypixel has 50,000 on average. That's a quarter of one percent. If 600k log on to Hypixel daily, that's 3%. If Hypixel's logins represent about 20% of total server logins, that's 3 million daily players with 35% and decreasing on 1.8. From 15% of Minecraft's community, thats 5.3% 1.8 and 9.7% 1.9+

So let's do the math:
1.8 - 5.3 + 0.9 + 1.6 + 0.3 = 8.1%
1.12 - 9.7 + 2.1 + 53.4 + 26.7 = 91.9%

So yea how about you do some research
I'm sorry but this is irrelevant
Just because people play on 1.12 doesn't mean they prefer that PvP version. The majority still prefer the 1.8 (even 1.7) PvP. Don't believe me? Go make a post on any competitive PvP server about which PvP version is better and see how much you'll get dislike spammed. Someone even made a thread like that on Hypixel and it got dislike spammed and hated SO MUCH it had to be deleted

A

A pigeon

Look, Hypixel is a server with 30K people. Minecraft has an active playerbase of 77million out of 144 million. Those people you see, they really dont care about PvP or PvP servers. They’re survival players, mapmakers, builders and redstoners. For them, 1.13 is the best update no question. Looking at hypixel once and jumping to conclusions is not proof.

A lot of people dislike 1.9 PvP. It was made better. A lot of people got used to it. A lot if people didnt get used to it. A lot of people play on Hypixel also for non pvp minigames. Keep that in mind too.

People dont play on ccgb due to lack of good games and due to Hypixel doing 1.8 better than any server. It’s probably the most successfull server in minecraft no doubt.

Next, I’d like to talk about 1.8 PvP. It is a preffered method of PvP amongst the majority of PvPers. I never said t wasn’t. 1.12.2 is latest release and latest release is the most popular because not everyone is into PvP. I said before, there are mapmakers who only care about commands and ease of creating maps using NBT tags blah blah.

Redstoners who’ll go crazy if you mess wih their T Flip Flops in a snapshot or rework water mechanics. Those people have been appeased though.

Builders who a few of which were negative to the new textures. Now, those textures are currently well recieved.

TLDR, Hypixel = 30K + all those other 1.8 pvp servers = a lot

Cubecraft = 7263K (jk its a joke of a server)

Single player, maps, builds, redstonery, role playing = the majority of minecrafts community who prefer 1.12.2. PvP is more popular in 1.8 but that was not what my arguement was based on.

Looking at Hypixel ince isnt proof. A developer telling you that 1.8 is not the most popular version pretty much guarentees it. I’ll try getting the screen shot.

I’ll copy paste this into dots threado.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Kazwa's profile.
💚
Frontlane wrote on Loskol's profile.
1715877713484.png
UncleSpect wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
happy birthday!
Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Bottom