Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Hi there!

As some of you might have experienced already, when you’re full diamond and are making a lot of kills, your inventory is crowded in no time. Every so often I want to save some coins to purchase some potions later, but I can’t as my inventory is full. I also don’t want to throw away potions or food. This is why I am suggesting the following. Add backpacks.

You can purchase your backpack in the food shop. You can only have one backpack. It will have its own armour stand saying: Buy your backpack here! You can purchase various different types of backpacks, one with 5 slots and one with 10 slots. The backpack with 5 slots will cost 150 coins and the one with 10 slots will cost 300 coins.
Thanks to @Zombiepower for this awesome idea!

That’s basically it! Please let me know what you think. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Inventory management is a key part of games like Assassinations. If you want to get more items, make a sacrifice and throw away some useless items. There's no way you'll actively need all items in the 40 (armor + inventory) slots you have available to you.
Adding a backpack would make that less important, while also allowing people to gear up far more than they already can.
An additional 10 slots alone would give you an even bigger advantage on the newly spawned players than you do already, and I can already imagine how annoying it could be if someone had multiple backpacks with 15 slots. No thanks.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Inventory management is a key part of games like Assassinations. If you want to get more items, make a sacrifice and throw away some useless items. There's no way you'll actively need all items in the 40 (armor + inventory) slots you have available to you.
Adding a backpack would make that less important, while also allowing people to gear up far more than they already can.
An additional 10 slots alone would give you an even bigger advantage on the newly spawned players than you do already, and I can already imagine how annoying it could be if someone had multiple backpacks with 15 slots. No thanks.
There simply are no useless items when you're full diamond. How can a backpack give an advantage to a newly spawned player? Recently spawned players can easily avoid fighting the full diamonds if they want to. The full diamonds are most of the times not even interested in killing the newly spawned players. Moreover, the full diamonds might just have coins and some bread in their inventory. That shouldn't give them an enormous advantage. I forgot to state you can only have one backpack on you. I understand 15 slots is too much anyhow, so removed it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
There simply are no useless items when you're full diamond.
What will you need in full diamond? 1 slot for food is plenty, a few slots for potions seem plenty. Milk you can easily buy on the spot if you need to refill. Coins can be exchanged down, and you won't need to hoard stacks of them if you keep a steady two sets of armour on you at all times. A player tracker is optional. What more could you need?
If you like to bring 10 or more potions on you, just toss some out. If you need more, go to the shop and buy more.

How can a backpack give an advantage to a newly spawned player?
Missed the point completely: A backpack would allow you to carry even more items with you, meaning you could have even more potions or coin storage to keep buying more gear and drink up a dozen potions per hour. The less items you have, the more of a chance someone has against you if they newly spawned in. Adding a backpack is simply overkill.

Recently spawned players can easily avoid fighting the full diamonds if they want to. The full diamonds are most of the times not even interested in killing the newly spawned players.
Not really what I was talking about, but sure, I guess.

Moreover, the full diamonds might just have coins and some bread in their inventory. That shouldn't give them an enormous advantage.
Working with what you gave me, I'll assume you mean that aside from a weapon and armour, a player would only have bread and coins, right?
If you have too many coins, stop collecting them. You won't be able to spend them, so you're better off throwing them out somewhere or just buying a bunch of golden apples if you'd like. Heck, buy more armor.
If they have stacks of bread on them, they can just throw them away. You'll never need more than a stack of food on you. You can restock food with ease, and you'd only need to do it once every so often.
I forgot to state you can only have one backpack on you. I understand 15 slots is too much anyhow, so removed it.
I'm against any extra inventory slots. Limiting it to 5 or 10 slots won't change that.

tl;dr: Inventory management is important. If you can't manage it, that's your problem.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
The full diamonds are most of the times not even interested in killing the newly spawned players.

Being a bit picky, but if there are players who are willing to kill farm in Assassinations, then there are players who are willing to kill newly spawned players.

~
As for the suggestion itself, personally I've never really played Assassinations to the point that I have a full inventory of coins and whatnot, but it really seems like an overkill to have more inventory space. I've seen some old videos where some players literally have an entire row of platinum coins while being fully geared with diamond and potions. When they kill someone equally geared as they are, they pretty much only take the essentials. Having more coins at that point... really unneccessary unless you plan to get into a lot of fights.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
I dont like assassination, cuz theres way too many hackers. Also who has time in their life to get a full inv of gear, pots, and coins?

A

A pigeon

I dont like assassination, cuz theres way too many hackers. Also who has time in their life to get a full inv of gear, pots, and coins?
What a useless post

Anyway, if you’re gonna do it, do it with shulker boxes.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Missed the point completely: A backpack would allow you to carry even more items with you, meaning you could have even more potions or coin storage to keep buying more gear and drink up a dozen potions per hour. The less items you have, the more of a chance someone has against you if they newly spawned in. Adding a backpack is simply overkill.
Newly spawned players have no chance against diamonds in general. You at least need iron gear and some potion pots on you. And that's the whole point of Assassinations. You invest your time in gearing up and gathering all the good stuff, and that's what you get. Newly spawned players can do the same thing. Go to the other map, search for chests, gear up, get some potions and then head back to the other map to kill some other stacked players. In my eyes, that's your reward for playing a lot. Full diamonds won't be there for long though. They mostly die to a hacker after one hour. And what if you are only able to buy a backpack with five slots? Will that make it a bit fairer? I think it would. If that's the only backpack you can buy, you can have some more milk or pots in it, which shouldn't give a huge advantage. I do understand what you mean though.
Working with what you gave me, I'll assume you mean that aside from a weapon and armour, a player would only have bread and coins, right?
If you have too many coins, stop collecting them. You won't be able to spend them, so you're better off throwing them out somewhere or just buying a bunch of golden apples if you'd like. Heck, buy more armor.
If they have stacks of bread on them, they can just throw them away. You'll never need more than a stack of food on you. You can restock food with ease, and you'd only need to do it once every so often.
Yeah, you don't need that much food and gear, but having many golden apples on you is incredibly important. Especially when fighting a hacker or teamers. Being able to store some milk or a few potion pots in your inventory can be really helpful The team your fighting might have backpacks too, but that does not mean they have the same items in their backpacks. It'll just be easier to get away from them when having some more pots on you.

I'm against any extra inventory slots. Limiting it to 5 or 10 slots won't change that.

tl;dr: Inventory management is important. If you can't manage it, that's your problem.
As for the suggestion itself, personally I've never really played Assassinations to the point that I have a full inventory of coins and whatnot, but it really seems like an overkill to have more inventory space. I've seen some old videos where some players literally have an entire row of platinum coins while being fully geared with diamond and potions. When they kill someone equally geared as they are, they pretty much only take the essentials. Having more coins at that point... really unneccessary unless you plan to get into a lot of fights.
Most players won't store coins in their backpack.

Thanks for your opinions!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Top Bottom