Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should shopping area's be disabled while being in combat?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes, but I would like to see an other solution.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No, nothing has to be changed.

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone,

Today I have a suggestion about assassination! Not many people play this game on the java network so let me explain. In assassination your job is kill everyone, a kill grants you points. With these points you can buy better armor, swords, food and potions. You might be thinks what's the issue exactly? Glad you asked! Pvp is disabled in the shopping area's wich is fair and understandable though, when people are low on health they just step in the shopping area. There is already a feature wich prevent people from camping. You lose food but you can still eat and heal. Maybe its a good idea to disable the entire area if you are in combat! So you can acces it, maybe add barrier blocks. No idea if this is possible though.

Please let me know your opinion and don't forget to vote on the poll!

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

Interesting suggestion, but unfortunately I have to disagree with you. Although it may be tempting to access one of the shops when you're at low health, it's actually more balanced than to change this into out-of-combat access.

Other players who might focus on you—which appears to happen more frequently with 'clans' nowadays—will exploit this thoroughly. Imagine this scenario: You're playing Assassination all by yourself, then a small group of players attack you because teaming is allowed. Unfortunately, due to this suggestion being implemented you cannot hide inside of the shop, upgrade your armor or buy your food, instead you have to run away while a group is chasing you.
Not a fun scenario is it? Well, that's because as long as teaming is allowed in Assassination, this will not work whatsoever.

Usually teams in Assassination (and FFA for that matter) have better gear and items since they're with so many. Meaning that speed potions will most definitely be used and are yet another reason as to why this suggestion will not work for very long. And lastly, if you find this troublesome, which I completely understand, try to avoid places near the shop. It really isn't that difficult to find areas away from the shop because frankly, the map is quite big.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't really agree. Shopcamping is annoying in Assassinations, but adding this will be unfair in my opinion. For instance when you have chain gear and someone attacks you with full diamond, usually the only way out to save yourself if running to the shop quickly. This addition will take opportunities like that away.

In some cases shop camping can indeed be very annoying and the saturation loss is not enough to counter this. If you have 2 stacks of bread, which is faily easy to get in a short amount of time, it's really easy to eat back the saturation. There needs to be another solution to this to make staying in the shops for too long even more unpleasant. Just denying access completely is not the right solution in my opinion.

Reactions: Critly

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I kind of agree and disagree at the same time.

If you look at the points stated above, you can clearly tell that shop camping and just eating away your saturation is a fairly easy thing to do in assassination. Which is why I see this would be a good thing to implement.

But on the other side, being chased by a player who is full diamond when you are just leather/chain armor with a lot of loot, and then not being able to enter a shop, can be frustrating and pretty difficult to earn your way up. This is were I disagree.

I have to disagree as well. I can see why shop camping can be annoying, but having this implemented will just bring another frustrating thing about assassinations.

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
But on the other side, being chased by a player who is full diamond when you are just leather/chain armor with a lot of loot, and then not being able to enter a shop, can be frustrating and pretty difficult to earn your way up. This is were I disagree.

Thats just how the game works. People who play longer have more chances of getting better gear. For fair fights you should play duels.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hello everyone,

Today I have a suggestion about assassination! Not many people play this game on the java network so let me explain. In assassination your job is kill everyone, a kill grants you points. With these points you can buy better armor, swords, food and potions. You might be thinks what's the issue exactly? Glad you asked! Pvp is disabled in the shopping area's wich is fair and understandable though, when people are low on health they just step in the shopping area. There is already a feature wich prevent people from camping. You lose food but you can still eat and heal. Maybe its a good idea to disable the entire area if you are in combat! So you can acces it, maybe add barrier blocks. No idea if this is possible though.

Please let me know your opinion and don't forget to vote on the poll!
Hey,
Assassinations indeed do have that, but I would like another solution for this as someone said being chased by a full diamond isn't always as fun. For example: What my friend came up to was, that you can only eat food out of the shop then you always have the chance to hit the person out of the shop with a kb sword. :)

Reactions: Mivke

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I disagree. This would just become annoying and would end up with people just spam punching to not let people enter shops. I agree that shop camping is annoying but it's a legit strategy, as sometimes you NEED to run to survive if there's a full diamond and you just spawned it. Sorry but I voted no.

Reactions: Critly
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom