Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
I am starting to enjoy playing on some of the new games on the arcade so when I play on them constantly I started to notice how maybe adding a small change could improve the players chances of gaining trophies.

1. On games like (ex) Wing Rush and Layer Spleef you will notice the side task at the beginning of each new round in a game. I feel as if maybe it should be placed somewhere on a players screen throughout the entire round so the player can know what they should be striving for.

- By adding this small adjustment players could have an increased chance at winning
- I often have to look back in chat to look at the side task because I usually forget there even is one. I wouldn't call it very convenient to look back in chat mid game on a layer of melting snow or flying through the air to find your side task.

Please feel free to respond, suggestions and replies are appreciated

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Yeah well, why not? Just the side task for your game in the middle of your screen for the time that you're stuck in the barriers? It'd be nice and convenient to have your side task in the middle of your screen so you really know what your side task is and what you have to do to complete it.

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
Yeah well, why not? Just the side task for your game in the middle of your screen for the time that you're stuck in the barriers? It'd be nice and convenient to have your side task in the middle of your screen so you really know what your side task is and what you have to do to complete it.

Agreed.
However shouldn't the sidetask be placed along the side of the screen or at the top so it wouldn't be in the way?

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Agreed.
However shouldn't the sidetask be placed along the side of the screen or at the top so it wouldn't be in the way?
Why would it be in the way? Okay yes, it is a side task, but if you don't agree with the side task being shown in the middle of your screen for the time that you're stuck in the barriers, then why not keep it in the chat?

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
Why would it be in the way? Okay yes, it is a side task, but if you don't agree with the side task being shown in the middle of your screen for the time that you're stuck in the barriers, then why not keep it in the chat?

Stuck in barriers? Like what sort of barriers?
What I mean (for example) say you're on layer spleef and the layers are TNT run and you happen to have forgotten to look at your sidetask. I think pulling up chat would be quite a hassle and would cause you to fall through, if not one but many layers.

Reactions: Ducky

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
What I mean (for example) say you're on layer spleef and the layers are TNT run and you happen to have forgotten to look at your sidetask. I think pulling up chat would be quite a hassle and would cause you to fall through, if not one but many layers.
Yeah I understand you. And when the game is ready to begin, you're held in barriers for X seconds before you are released.

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
This won't increase theair chances of winning the round it would likely make it easier to complete (unlikely but maybe)
Agreed.
So in your beginning you say for arcade games like wing rush... having it anywhere that isn't in chat is really just gonna make it harder to play wing rush... I made a suggestion earlier that gave a point that explains this a bit Better: when playing wing rush, in third person especially, having things like the scoreboard and chat can be fairly distracting and can cover a decent amount of the screen of course making it harder to see where you are going
than read it while you are stuck with the barriers
Also in the middle of your screen... if you aren't playing in full screen you likely won't be able to read it also remember thye have the count down on the middle of your screen too...

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
Yeah I understand you. And when the game is ready to begin, your held in barriers for X seconds before you are released.

Ah right, but the time in the barrier is hardly 10 seconds. So the question really is if that is truly enough time for a player to see an opportunity for more trophies?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Ah right, but the time in the barrier is hardly 10 seconds. So the question really is if that is truly enough time for a player to see an opportunity for more trophies?
It's not like they are a paragraph long they take about a second to read for a decent reader and after playing enough you don't even have to read the whole message for example layer spleef does it say top and last? Yes well than it is be the last persom standinf on the top layer, does it have the number 25 in it oh it says collect 25 power-ups, does it say 500 oh walk across 500 blocks... pretty simple

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
It's not like they are a paragraph long they take about a second to read for a decent reader and after playing enough you don't even have to read the whole message for example layer spleef does it say top and last? Yes well than it is be the last persom standinf on the top layer, does it have the number 25 in it oh it says collect 25 power-ups, does it say 500 oh walk across 500 blocks... pretty simple

I under stand where you are coming from but from person experience the first things I do I layer spleef is check the layer I'm on, check if anyone is near me and find a path to take. So for me it is kind of a time consuming operation.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I under stand where you are coming from but from person experience the first things I do I layer spleef is check the layer I'm on, check if anyone is near me and find a path to take. So for me it is kind of a time consuming operation.
You only have to play like 5 games to realise there aren't that many and once again it doesn't take you that long to read any of them since they are so short

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I am starting to enjoy playing on some of the new games on the arcade so when I play on them constantly I started to notice how maybe adding a small change could improve the players chances of gaining trophies.

1. On games like (ex) Wing Rush and Layer Spleef you will notice the side task at the beginning of each new round in a game. I feel as if maybe it should be placed somewhere on a players screen throughout the entire round so the player can know what they should be striving for.

- By adding this small adjustment players could have an increased chance at winning
- I often have to look back in chat to look at the side task because I usually forget there even is one. I wouldn't call it very convenient to look back in chat mid game on a layer of melting snow or flying through the air to find your side task.

Please feel free to respond, suggestions and replies are appreciated
Yes, it can come in handy and I don't see a reason why not!

Reactions: Dallas_

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
It couldn't hurt couldn't it? What makes you disprove the suggestion so much?
This is my main problem with the suggestion
So in your beginning you say for arcade games like wing rush... having it anywhere that isn't in chat is really just gonna make it harder to play wing rush... I made a suggestion earlier that gave a point that explains this a bit Better: when playing wing rush, in third person especially, having things like the scoreboard and chat can be fairly distracting and can cover a decent amount of the screen of course making it harder to see where you are going
Also it would confuse players who Are used to having it where it is

Dallas_

Jun 30, 2017
Under the Sea
This is my main problem with the suggestion

Also it would confuse players who Are used to having it where it is

I haven't mentioned wing rush because it is another game that includes side quests. I don't play like dash, barn brawl and paint ball do I have no clue whether or not they have side quests. Distracting? It's a few words like you said earlier

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I haven't mentioned wing rush because it is another game that includes side quests. I don't play like dash, barn brawl and paint ball do I have no clue whether or not they have side quests. Distracting? It's a few words like you said earlier
yes you did
1. On games like (ex) Wing Rush
It for the most part isn't that distracting in other games like the 3 you don't play and in Layer spleef but in this game any number of things can cover up chat and well be distracting and make it harder to see
and if you are now adding it will be in different places for different games that is even more confusing for players who play all minigames
because yes they all have side quests since the new update

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Support. In Spleef, it's often times impossible to check the challenge without sacrificing your own life. The same can be said for the likes of Line Dash and Paintball. If it's that big a problem in Wing Rush like a certain somebody is making it out to be, just enter F1 mode...

Reactions: Dallas_
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Top Bottom