1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for helper(or any rank)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RushRush, Jul 24, 2016.

?

Is this a good Idea(read first)

1. Yes: Your Right

2. No: Your Wrong

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RushRush

RushRush Member

Now, I'm not the only one who has applied for helper. Cubecraft is one of the most popular servers in the WORLD and is growing day by day. This also means the server/people in the server needs more help. Once I was old enough to apply I decided I would like to be a helper. I gave my first application which I admit was pretty bad. I waited some time but I received no response. One month has passed and I applied again. I yet again received no response. I was baffled as to why I had spent a descent amount of time (1 hour) to write my application and I DID NOT receive a email like this. Not even this: "No m8 u ain't a helper". I recommend that ever person SHOULD receive an email or even a message why the were/weren't picked. This is my opinion. If you agree or disagree please tell me.

2. A Christmas Hangar

A Christmas Hangar Member

Home Page:
    Alredy suggested that, they recive hundreds of application everyday. You need a minimum of 50 posts, and be know in the community

3. Buuuddy

Buuuddy Member

Over a thousand applications were made. If they had to write a personal email to everyone who applied, it would take even longer before they can check every application.
    I agree that it is frustrating that they don't send emails or messages. But honestly, it's impossible to message every single applicant with the reason why their application was denied.

4. RushRush

RushRush Member

Thousands Really?
    The changed it. Its now over 10 post

5. A Christmas Hangar

A Christmas Hangar Member

Home Page:
    *Hundred, typo.

No it is 50 posts

6. Buuuddy

Buuuddy Member

Tacosbefriends Little tip: If you have less than 50 messages on your forums account, you're pretty much guaranteed not to be accepted as a helper.
    Jul 17, 2016

This was a recent status update of Tacosbefriends. (Administrator ;))

7. Cheez

Cheez Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

MVT - Most Valuable Topping
    Home Page:
    You'll know if your application is denied if you weren't picked in the new wave of promotions. From there, you can try to apply again when applications are open. I wish you luck. :)

8. Anmazing

Anmazing Helper Staff Member Helper

You are partially right, a reply from the applications team would help you to improve your future applications, basically find out what is wrong and why you weren't good enough.
    The problem is that there are too many of them, and replying to every single one of them would take way too much time. Also, there are applicants who are only applying for the perks; they simply don't care about re-evaluating and improving themselves. Why should staff members even bother replying to those people?

9. RushRush

RushRush Member

Staff members are all part of a group and each one should watch each others backs

10. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    It may be possible that if the person had a reasonable chance at getting it (Does a lot of reports, active, well known, etc.) that they can get an conversation. That number practically means that <50 people would get a response, and wouldn't take very long.

11. Pandrai

Pandrai Member

School
    rip I thought it was only, 10, well I'm not becoming a helper

12. zRinne

zRinne Mod Staff Member Moderator

NEET
    Home Page:
    10 is the minimum requirement. However, 10 messages is really low and they are unable to judge your character and maturity with that little information.
    50 messages is a decent amount to get at least a bit of information out - depending on what the player has posted and commented.
    Imagine your 50 messages were replying to games only thread, just for the sake of getting the counts up - those kind are normally ignored as they do not contribute much to the server/forums.
    (Quality over Quantity)

What they look for in a player is firstly their maturity in handling given situations. How they deal with rejection and disagreements.
    From there, they can judge what kind of character you are, if you're quick tampered, understanding, toxic and etc.

They are unable to reply every single staff application as they may not be able to read every single one of them. One player could have posted more than 1 applications which would bury the others. It is already hard to look out of potential staff members so please understand when they do not respond to it. They are certainly not ignoring you but they also do not want to give you false hope.

> Sees inbox from staff handling the application
    > Gets excited
    > Realized you failed.
    > Gets depressed

I'm understand your frustration as I too have applied for helper (when I had about 10 messages) but had to go away for about 1-2 months. I never reapplied after the new batch so I used that time to to get others to know more about me first and hopefully like who I am and what I do.
    So my tip for you if you do not get a response, do not give up. You may get a little envious and depressed but remember there is always a next time. Use that time frame to show others your potential and hopefully in the future, they may consider you.

13. Sem_Lanters

Sem_Lanters Member

this will cost CubeCraft self a lot of time especially for @Efcluke94 then he have to send atleast 500 people a email he is not crazyo_O

14. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    It is possible that after they hire the new helpers and close the application thread, that they may just create a new thread thanking all those who have applied but failed.

15. Pandrai

Pandrai Member

School
    I'm not afraid of failing, I'm actually using these applications to help me understand what mangers are looking for when I apply for a job soon. I would still like to be a helper but I feel like in the long run this will help on job applications and being prepared for interviews etc.

16. Pandrai

Pandrai Member

School
    dang it sorry guys didn't mean to double post but I hit enter too early, I do agree with the not being able to send out an email to everyone tho, it would be ridiculously hard and if cubecraft even wanted to do it they would have to hire more ppl

17. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    Everyone starts somewhere. Yours may not be right now but there's always tomorrow.
    Good luck!
    It's good to ask about things you don't know so don't worry ^-^

18. dontbossme

dontbossme Member

Pokemon Master
    If they replied to everyone who submitted an application, they would spend more time doing that, than reading the rest of the applications.... Cut them some slack.