• Nope.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 469419

Hello there, an small suggestion here:

Currently, when your appeal get denied, in the status of your appeal, you can see who has denied your appeal so if you have issues while appealing or anything, you can contact them through a private forums conversation, discord or any other site. Well, so my suggestion is the following one:

As you can see who has denied your appeal, why not be able to see who has approved it? This would definitely increase the respect among players toward the staff team.

IMG_20201222_160130.jpg

IMG_20201222_160117.jpg

I'd like to make a further explanation but it actually don't need to explain anything more.

Probably many of you will say that is totally unnecessary and in part, it's truth. But as I mentioned above, this would increase the respect toward the staff team, it seems like the players can only know the bad news and not the good ones.

D

Deleted member 469419

Accepting an appeal doesn't necessarily make a staff member good? They're just doing their job.
I know they're just doing their job Keanu. But, when an appeal gets denied, people can only focus on the negative thoughts and I'd really like that those thoughts could be positive ones too. By adding this, people won't focus only on the negative things.

Edit: It's also a matter of aesthetic.

D

Deleted member 469419

The reason why you see who denied your appeal is so you can discuss it with them without having to ask who denied it first. Knowing who accepted your appeal is not needed at all, why would you want to know? It's not like you should suddenly like a staff member for accepting your appeal, they just did their job like Keanu said.
I'll put you an example to help you out to know what I am thinking more or less:

If a policeman fines you because something, let's say you parked wrong... So if the policeman finally fines you, although they're doing their job, you'll probably won't be really happy with it, however, if the policeman decides to not fine you because of anything, then you'll be thankful to him, wouldn't you?

Although the example isn't the more accurate one, it's help me out to explain more or less the situation.

Now, with the appeals it's basically the same thing; if a mod deny your appeal you won't be probably really happy, however if they accept it regardless it's their job or not, you'll be happy. And now here is the most questionable question: Why do we need to know who accepted our appeal? You'll probably be thankful to that person and you'd like to thanks them via PM or any other thing.

The main goal of this thread is to focus not only on the negative thoughts but on the positive ones too!

Edit: Also, as I told to Keanu, it's also a matter of aesthetics for forums.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
If a policeman fines you because something, let's say you parked wrong... So if the policeman finally fines you, although they're doing their job, you'll probably won't be really happy with it, however, if the policeman decides to not fine you because of anything, then you'll be thankful to him, wouldn't you?
Of course I would, but do I need to know his name and tell my friends that he's an amazing cop?

Now, with the appeals it's basically the same thing; if a mod deny your appeal you won't be probably really happy, however if they accept it regardless it's their job or not, you'll be happy. And now here is the most questionable question: Why do we need to know who accepted our appeal? You'll probably be thankful to that person and you'd like to thanks them via PM or any other thing.
The point is that it doesn't matter who accepted the appeal. It's not like they did something good to you specifically. You got false punished somehow and they were the one removing the punishment for you, which is their job. They do it all day! You could always thank the mods for their work.

I'll give you a better example: something is wrong with your internet connection so you call your provider. You get to talk to a customer support employee who does some things that solve the problems with your connection. Obviously you're thankful for them helping you, but do you ask their name afterwards to post on Facebook what an amazing customer support employee they are?

I understand your idea but I just don't think it would improve the current system.

Reactions: xHappyMood
D

Deleted member 469419

Isn't it some form of bug as accepted punishments should be removed from the appeal page
I thought the same as you but I'm not actually sure, I've seen lots of approved appeals in the site lately. Probably they decided to let them stay on the web, finally.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello!

I get where you're coming from and it's not a bad idea, but it's totally unnecessary like you already said yourself.

If you get banned by a moderator you already know who accepted your appeal because the only person who is allowed/able to deal with that appeal is the moderator who banned you. If your appeal is awaiting verdict and the staff member who punished you is not a staff member anymore then it will be Capitangato or AnimalTamer1 who handles your appeal.

If sentinel banned you and your appeal gets accepted then it's most likely a sentinel developer and if you want to be sure who accepted it then you can always ask a staff member :)

Last edited:

Cyril Figgis

Jun 8, 2016
I got perma banned for having a skin of Mao. I changed my skin to something that is acceptable to the moderation, and I think it is unfair to perma ban someone just for a controversial, not offence, skin.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I got perma banned for having a skin of Mao. I changed my skin to something that is acceptable to the moderation, and I think it is unfair to perma ban someone just for a controversial, not offence, skin.
First of all you don't get perm banned for having an inappropriate skin, if you change your skin you can appeal the ban and you will be unbanned. I believe that if you have been banned several times for having inappropriate skins this could lead into a trolling punishment, which could eventually be a permanent ban.

Secondly this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, you should have created a new thread to address this issue.
Upon that you're necroposting (replying to a thread which hasn't been active for 3+ weeks) which is not allowed.

Reactions: ElementThink

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

Reactions: Maaarijn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom