Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Magitroopa

Jul 30, 2016
New Jersey, United States
twitter.com
Hello there.

So back in February (February 4, 2018, to be exact), I was given a permanent mute for swearing, after being muted 4 times in the past on CubeCraft Games (July 31, 2017, October 29, 2017, November 4, 2017, December 19, 2017).

Those 4 mutes were not permanent, but this recent one in February was. As the Official FAQ for Appealing states,

Moving on, it comes across as very petty if you appeal the second you are punished. This implies that you are not sorry for your wrongdoing; you're sorry that you got caught in the act. While we don't expect you to wait weeks at a time before appealing if you were to wait a few hours or even a day or two before appealing, staff will feel more inclined to accept your appeal. Staff feels safer in knowing that you served some punishment for your wrongdoing. Doing this will also give you a chance to think about what to include in your appeal.
Now let's get things straight: No I am not asking to be unmuted or for staff to look at my appeal, it was already denied.
The denial, however, is what is getting me to question the system.

I know that waiting a few months instead of a few weeks, hours, or days does not make me automatically deserve to be unmute, but I only recently appealed in June for a permanent mute in February. I have had time to think about it. But that's not my main point.

My main point is how flawed the appealing system is: No information. What do I mean?
Yes, the process to appeal itself is fine, however, the system in place for denying an appeal is flawed. Doesn't remove my 'appeal code' when I try and type in chat, and all it says on the appealing website is a red box that says, "Appeal denied". I don't get any response to my appeal, any information as to why my appeal was denied, nothing.

2UIZn9K.png

My other problem is about the permanent mute itself. I was denied and it was permanent. So now what? I tried to appeal, my one and only chance to get unmuted, and it was denied. No second chance? Ever? I think it would make more sense to give chances out again, such as 'you need to wait 6 months before you can appeal your punishment again', but no. I am simply denied, and I can never again have a chance at getting unmuted. That means years from now, let's just say in 2023 (if the server is still around at that point, who knows?), I will still be permanently muted for a punishment I received and got denied for back in 2018, 5 years ago at that point.
Seems a bit unfair...

Again, I am not asking to be unmuted or anything, just for some explanations and trying to improve your appealing system set in place for the server.

Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
No, because they are only temporary. It'll expire, so why make it that you can appeal for it, especially if it's only a few hours? Permanent is what you can appeal for.
You can appeal for every punishment. Doesn’t matter if it was temporary or permanent
I don't get any response to my appeal, any information as to why my appeal was denied, nothing.
That is one thing I would also like changed is that we can leave feedback on appeals. Currently, the only thing you can do is send a private message to the mod who muted you and they could expand upon why it was denied.

As for a permanent punishment, the idea is that it is permanent. You have proven time and time again that you can’t follow the rules, so our only choice is to make it so you can’t break them. I don’t think we should be giving more appeals to those who got theirs denied, even if if has been years. If you really want another chance in the future, you can go and talk to the staff member who muted you. You are not guaranteed another chance by any means, but it is a possibility.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom