• Add /VoteKick

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Add /Report

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

BUTTERFIELD8

May 20, 2016
IntelliJ IDEA
So I have not played much cubecraft recently and I come back to play about a 1 & 1/2 hr game to get killed by hackers. My friends recorded him. But I was wondering if there was going to be an update any time soon?

Ideas:
- Look into hack code to find a way to block it.
- Ban McLeaks Accounts
- Update AntiCheat
- Vote Kick
- /report so a staff can come watch or the anti cheat stalks them.

• VoteKick [ /VoteKick ]
Get 70-90% of players to vote with x teams left

• Report [ /report ]
tells a staff member with possible hacker and lets them spectate -- Has anti cheat stalk them

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Ideas:
- Look into hack code to find a way to block it.
Hack clients always find ways around the best anticheat, no matter how many times you block hacks, they'll always come back.
- Update AntiCheat
Sentinel the anti-cheat is always updating and recognizing hackers with each report.
- Vote Kick
Imagine convincing everyone in a game to vote kick a player for doing something. I could take all my friends into a game and we all vote kick every other player. Even if a hacker was in the game, only the people he killed would recognize the hacker, not the whole game. People could be unsure about whether they really hacker or not.
I want a staff to monitor my game so I feel special!
Also, could be a waste of a staff members time if they are no hackers or someone wants attention from staff. They are way more hackers than staff.

Overall, the anticheat is always getting better and less hackers will be seen online in cubecraft. If you do see any who aren't getting banned by the anticheat, report them at https://reports.cubecraft.net.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Okay, to start. They can't just look into the code and find a way to stop hacking. It just doesn't work like that or it would be done by now. They had /report once upon a time but they get filled with so much spam it makes it more harmful than good, plus staff can't join a game that has already started. I don't compleatly understand what you are saying about /votekick so I have no comment. And lastly the anti-cheat they currently has is constantly updating. It is a self learning program so the more it bans the better is will get.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Hack clients always find ways around the best anticheat, no matter how many times you block hacks, they'll always come back.

Sentinel the anti-cheat is always updating and recognizing hackers with each report.

Imagine convincing everyone in a game to vote kick a player for doing something. I could take all my friends into a game and we all vote kick every other player. Even if a hacker was in the game, only the people he killed would recognize the hacker, not the whole game. People could be unsure about whether they really hacker or not.

Also, could be a waste of a staff members time if they are no hackers or someone wants attention from staff. They are way more hackers than staff.

Overall, the anticheat is always getting better and less hackers will be seen online in cubecraft. If you do see any who aren't getting banned by the anticheat, report them at https://reports.cubecraft.net.
oh, hi there tri. funny seeing you here xD

Reactions: TriangleAttack

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Okay, to start. They can't just look into the code and find a way to stop hacking. It just doesn't work like that or it would be done by now. They had /report once upon a time but they get filled with so much spam it makes it more harmful than good, plus staff can't join a game that has already started. I don't compleatly understand what you are saying about /votekick so I have no comment. And lastly the anti-cheat they currently has is constantly updating. It is a self learning program so the more it bans the better is will get.
By vote-kick he means the option in tower defense. If enough players do "/votekick TriangleAttack" he will be kicked from the game.

Reactions: Proditio
Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
==========

So by that logic, why do anything that needs upkeep? Don't be afraid of people working harder to thwart hackers, or be cynical about hacks.

==========

==========

Than elevate certain players to in-game reporter status, and choose those who have already proven themselves worthy to be /report users, because they have at least one confirmed successful report.

==========

==========

Actually, the best over-all counter measure against hacks is VIGILANCE!

Honestly, maybe some staff are serious about hackers, and want to ban them, but I am sure there are others, like you, who don't seem to get that there is a serious hacker problem, or maybe some people just don't care.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
==========

Actually, the best over-all counter measure against hacks is VIGILANCE!

Honestly, maybe some staff are serious about hackers, and want to ban them, but I am sure there are others, like you, who don't seem to get that there is a serious hacker problem, or maybe some people just don't care.
I know that there is a hacking and rule breaking problem. But it's always gonna be there, every server will get them. People just don't follow the rules and do it for fun. We can minimize the threat as much as possible without spamming staff members to come into games (which they can't) to watch some suspected hacker and waste their time.

Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
I know that there is a hacking and rule breaking problem.

==========
I applaud you speaking out and acknowledging the reality on the server.

==========

But it's always gonna be there, every server will get them.

==========

What are you trying to say with this comment? Shouldn't than every server be trying to do something about hackers? I don't follow you.

==========

People just don't follow the rules and do it for fun.

==========

Generalizing much? Speak for yourself. I have plenty fun, even more eliminating in-game hackers, egg wars bows give you the best shot at that since the bow's range gives you a fighting chance to kill hackers.

==========

We can minimize the threat as much as possible without spamming staff members to come into games (which they can't) to watch some suspected hacker and waste their time

==========

Perhaps, but would you cheat on a server that has hacker police? I don't think so. Maybe staff could spectate, because us reporters need all the help we can get, and I doubt staff reports would be denied as much as normal players' reports.

==========

A

A pigeon

pls stop with the bs. Its pretty clear to us all that Sentinel sucks and he was not asking for directions to the report site

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
- Ban McLeaks Accounts
Pretty much already happened.
- Vote Kick
Abuse
Spam + checking reports is more time efficient
tells a staff member with possible hacker and lets them spectate -- Has anti cheat stalk them
Sentinel is already watching everyone so it's already "stalking" them.

"criminals will always find ways around the best police, no matter how many cops there are around, they'll always commit crimes"
See the flaw in your statement?

Reactions: TriangleAttack

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
These threads are amazing. Shows the horrible community Cubecraft has.

"Look someone says something negative. SHIELD UP, DEFEND CUBECRAFT WITH YOUR LIFE!!". Kids have to learn that negative feedback is still feedback and without it nothing would ever see improvement.
"I wanna become helper so lets defend cubecraft in every single thread with only the least bit of criticism on cubecraft while always posting the links to the reports site when someone mentions reports or hackers no matter in what context"

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
"criminals will always find ways around the best police, no matter how many cops there are around, they'll always commit crimes"
See the flaw in your statement?
No, I do not. There will always be people who break the rules. Criminals in real life and cheaters in game have been there for a while (One more than the other). You can lock them out or ban them, but more will always come.

pls stop with the bs. Its pretty clear to us all that Sentinel sucks and he was not asking for directions to the report site
There is no need to be rude. Sentinel does make tons of mistakes but they are happening less often. Every anticheat will have flaws.
He also never mentioned the report site, I know. But that doesn't mean he already knows about it. Therefore I mentioned it.

Reactions: Nikboo

Passer

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
California
www.cubecraft.net
/report was abused so they took it down. Also you can't just block hacking clients by looking at the code (Due to the fact that they keep updating there client and new code it made so... it would be hard to keep up with the updates.)

Reactions: A pigeon

BUTTERFIELD8

May 20, 2016
IntelliJ IDEA
Sry for late response but a /suspect or something like will tell a staff member that someone may be hacking and it would also have the anti cheat look into them a bit more. (Like Watchdog)

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
Can you please explain what they can do with the anti-cheat update and what they could do better?
Sry for late response but a /suspect or something like will tell a staff member that someone may be hacking and it would also have the anti cheat look into them a bit more. (Like Watchdog)
Those kinds of commands are gonna get abused, A LOT.
/report was a thing back in the day, and that got abused a whole ton.
/VoteKick would be abused a ton too.
Sorry, but -1.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

The only reason Hypixel has this is because their cheatdetector can detect cheats by itself. That's why when you report a hacker he can already be banned in the game itself. Doubt Cubecraft has that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom