Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

luigi64fan

Jan 26, 2022
I'd go on about how Cubecraft should make Colony Control year-round, but I think there's enough of that on the forums. So instead, here's some things that could be done to make it viable for year-round play.

Obvious things first. Maps. There's only two currently, and both are seasonally themed. Personally, I don't think a lack of maps is much of an issue. Two or three is probably enough for most people, especially if they all play a bit differently.

The second, and probably the most important thing, is making a tutorial for the mode so new players can learn how to play properly. Such as buffs from the upgrade store, the pet shop, or even stuff as simple as upgrading buildings. A tutorial would help many new players get into the mode, or even just determine if they want to get into an actual game of it first so someone doesn't get left in a 2v3, or other similar scenario simply because one player didn't enjoy the mode.

Lastly, and honestly the least important suggestion, would be different sub-modes for colony control. (especially because if it were to become a normal, year-round mode, you would want to gauge the overall player counts beforehand to see if you could do so without straining the playerbase too thin.) Other possible modes could include a simple 3v3 mode, instead of the standard 3v3v3v3, or even a "preset build" mode for those who don't have the extra 10 minutes to just setup.

TLDR; I like colony control and Cubecraft should add it year round with various different additions such as a tutorial, and new modes if there's enough interest.

JqstQuinten

Aug 24, 2021
Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd go on about how Cubecraft should make Colony Control year-round, but I think there's enough of that on the forums. So instead, here's some things that could be done to make it viable for year-round play.

Obvious things first. Maps. There's only two currently, and both are seasonally themed. Personally, I don't think a lack of maps is much of an issue. Two or three is probably enough for most people, especially if they all play a bit differently.

The second, and probably the most important thing, is making a tutorial for the mode so new players can learn how to play properly. Such as buffs from the upgrade store, the pet shop, or even stuff as simple as upgrading buildings. A tutorial would help many new players get into the mode, or even just determine if they want to get into an actual game of it first so someone doesn't get left in a 2v3, or other similar scenario simply because one player didn't enjoy the mode.

Lastly, and honestly the least important suggestion, would be different sub-modes for colony control. (especially because if it were to become a normal, year-round mode, you would want to gauge the overall player counts beforehand to see if you could do so without straining the playerbase too thin.) Other possible modes could include a simple 3v3 mode, instead of the standard 3v3v3v3, or even a "preset build" mode for those who don't have the extra 10 minutes to just setup.

TLDR; I like colony control and Cubecraft should add it year round with various different additions such as a tutorial, and new modes if there's enough interest.
I agree, I thought about this some time ago. I think cube should add it as a year around gamemode, BUT they need to change some things:
I think you should give emerald and obsidian or obsidian only the ability to vote for how long the building time is. That makes it so Obsidian has more privileges then just more friends and party slots and it makes the game last so much shorter.

Reactions: BurntCrown8876
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom