Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is an in-game voting system a good idea?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but it needs some changes (specify in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seeker

Jul 19, 2020
Czechia
Hi, I would like to see an in-game voting system that would let players initiate voting to kick a certain player from the match. A player would choose the reason for why the other player should be kicked. People could choose to vote "Yes" or "No", and if enough people would vote, the player would get kicked. The voting would require at least 70% of people to vote the player off (so players couldn't just vote off people as they please), and if that requirement is met, the option that has the majority (more than 50%) wins.

The players that have been kicked wouldn't be fully banned, but they could be inspected by the admins, which could determine if they're guilty of being a cheater, being undeniably toxic, or not following the main objective of the game, such as crossteaming/teaming in Solo modes.

Optionally, only players that are in the same team with the suspicious player could start a voting, but I'm not sure about this idea. (Only for team based games, Solo Games and Duo Games would let people freely vote a player off)

This system is very similar to the voting system in Team Fortress 2, and it could work out pretty good. And if people would be too lazy to vote, maybe there would be a mini reward, like a token, that if they got enough (like 300, so people don't just vote only for the tokens), they could buy a skin or a nametag.

This is just a suggestion, and I apprieciate any feedback, both positive and negative.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I’m honestly not a big fan of this. This could easily be abused to troll people. When you play with a party of 9 people on a 10v10 map you can all just vote ‘yes’ and your teammate is gone. I don’t think that’s a good idea, sorry.

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
i think this is unnessacary because CubeCraft already has a In-Game /report command. you can also report teamers with this command. Most of the time when there are cheaters in a game or teamers they will be reported on the website or in-game. these days the staff members are really quick with handling reports so i think there is no need for a extra system.

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
I’m honestly not a big fan of this. This could easily be abused to troll people. When you play with a party of 9 people on a 10v10 map you can all just vote ‘yes’ and your teammate is gone. I don’t think that’s a good idea, sorry.
I agree with you on that it could be abused by big partys. But they could add a futere to see who did it and if you got evidence you could report them for trolling?

Seeker

Jul 19, 2020
Czechia

That is why 70% of people in a match have to vote, so one team can't just easily kick players off the enemy team or their team.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I don't like this idea, as it would be abused by people. Not to kick "noob" players, but to kick / troll good players.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It’s a good idea in theory, you can kick trollers and such, however it’s too easily abused. In other games I’ve seen friends try to vote kick each other and it all becomes messy. I think the moderation team can handle people’s reports pretty quick so this isn’t worth the abuse.

Olmn

Sep 15, 2020
It’s a good idea in theory, you can kick trollers and such, however it’s too easily abused. In other games I’ve seen friends try to vote kick each other and it all becomes messy. I think the moderation team can handle people’s reports pretty quick so this isn’t worth the abuse.
No.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Top Bottom