Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone! It's me again.

I've noticed a frustrating thing in the Among Smiles game mode.
The imposters are spamming the lights out sabotage. This is very frustrating sometimes and I think there are 2 solutions.

1. Remove the slowness
The most annoying thing about lights out is the slowness. When you're on the other side of the map, it takes really long to get there and a lot of people might get killed in the meantime.

2. increase the cooldown
The sabotage is fine, but as I already said, it's annoying to be slow all the time. So another option might be to increase the cooldown. This way it doesn't feel like spamming anymore and it's harder for the imposters to win.

Let me know what you think. :))

Last edited:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hi everyone! It's me again.

I've noticed a frustrating thing in the Among Smiles game mode.
The imposters are spamming the lights out sabotage. This is very frustrating sometimes and I think there are 2 solutions.

1. Remove the speed
The most annoying thing about lights out is the slowness. When you're on the other side of the map, it takes really long to get there and a lot of people might get killed in the meantime.

2. increase the cooldown
The sabotage is fine, but as I already said, it's annoying to be slow all the time. So another option might be to increase the cooldown. This way it doesn't feel like spamming anymore and it's harder for the imposters to win.

Let me know what you think. :))
im 10000% for removing the speed, i mean i would even bump up the blindness (if thats possible). But the speed thing is so annoying and i really would like to see it gone

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I think the sabotage is fine but I like the second suggestion. +1

Reactions: Quis

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi!

I think most of us have played Among Slimes already and it's an amazing game, but I agree that some things need a small fix.
1. Remove the speed
I think this one is a good one and many others as well, the slowness makes it hard to fix lights on time and the impostors are using lights a lot as it's one of the best sabotage in the game. I can understand that it would be nice to have it removed.
2. increase the cooldown
I don't really agree with this one, when the lights are out all other sabotages pause (so their cooldown isn't active at that moment). This means the lights need to be fixed in order to continue the cooldown. This already takes a lot of time in most cases, so I don't feel like it's getting spammed.

If solution 1 gets a lot of support from the community then I might escalate solution 1.

Last edited:

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
when the lights are out all other sabotages pause
This is true, but it doesn't have to be like that. The lights out can be twice (so to speak) as long and the other sabotage's can reload with the normal cooldown speed. Lights out just need to be a little shorter imo.

Last edited:

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I actually agree with the fact that sabotaging lights is really good. I disagree with your first suggestion, but I agree with your second suggestion, because:

Suggestion 1
The first time I saw this being suggested I totally agreed with it, because I didn’t came up with any negative points. But Story said this about it:
This is correct and since imposters do not get this blindness they do not have it, so we give all players hunger to create an equal level of speed across the map. This is why giving players speed to compensate for the loss wouldn't work.
All players receive a hungry effect, because impostors don’t get a blindness effect which give you slowness. That’s why I disagree with this suggestion. -1 (his answer was on this suggestion)

Suggestion 2
I actually agree with your second suggestion, since this’ll make the game a bit more fair in my opinion. The ‘Fix Lights’ sabotage can’t be spammed, because there will be a larger cooldown. +1

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Either one of the two is fine by me. Most sabotages don't take very long, however when the lights are out it is an awfully long time. I tend to carry on my tasks since it happens so frequently. I feel as if the first one would be more useful, since we can get there faster to turn the lights back on.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Hey Quiss, good suggestion!

1. Remove the slowness
I’d really love to see this removed, as it’s annoying for imposters AND crewmates. If I see more support from the community, I’ll escalate the thread :)

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Remove the slowness
Absolutely yes, I think we can all agree on how long it takes to fix the lights especially if you are on the other side of the map, having the slowness removed will make it much quicker and better. +1

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Imposters spam lights for a reason. The view distance is to far. Its way to op to look 50 blocks away from you. So they need to add a limit how far you can see.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Imposters spam lights for a reason. The view distance is to far. Its way to op to look 50 blocks away from you. So they need to add a limit how far you can see. The same thing happens in among us.
That’s understandable. But for the crewmates it’s very annoying to be slow all the time. Lights out isn’t really a problem for me, but the slowness takes to long imo.

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
I don't know what to say about this to be honest, since the slowness was there for a reason, which is to give the imspotors a chance!

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know what to say about this to be honest, since the slowness was there for a reason, which is to give the imspotors a chance!
That’s why I added 2 solutions. The other one might be better.

also, I’ve played a few times as the imposter and didn’t really had to use lights out. Mostly it takes very long for the crewmates to finish tasks (because there are a lot of them). Just wait for the right moments and then kill someone.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I believe you don’t get slowness when the lights go off. You get the effect blindness, which causes you to not be able too sprint anymore (this is a MC feature, not made by the cube devs).
Though this is not important by this suggestion. You can still fix the increasement of walking by just giving players speed I (or II). The problem is that you probably can’t get the exact same speed as a sprinting player. Should be precise enough though.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I also suggested this but my suggestion died (rip).
I very much agree on this, the impostors should have one use for every emergency event. The oxygen depletion is very overpowered as well, I've lost multiple crewmate games because of it being spammed.

A yes from me! (:

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Not java but..

I'd say remove the slowness. It's a bit more logical since being blind would only slow you down if you dont know the way around the map, making veterans get better at controlling the character

Also, you dont get slowness in the original so I'd say that's my reasoning

Reactions: Quis and 404Owl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom