Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should English become the only allowed to use language in public Among Slimes games?

• I agree with this suggestion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with this suggestion, though I don't agree with the provided solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Introduction

Among Slimes has a lot of players, and obviously they all speak different languages. There's nothing wrong with that, however, currently in Among Slimes you are allowed to call meetings and speak languages different from English (below you can see a screenshot of me asking about that, as well as a staff member's reply), which could create a lot of problems...

Screenshot_170.png
Problems

The main problem caused by this is that sometimes people call meetings and say things in languages that not everyone in the game understands. This could make them look like they're trolling, as for the typical Among Slimes player, messages not in English (or any other languages they speak) are impossible to read and understand. Another thing is that when these kind of players are asked to explain everything in English, they simply don't do so, and even if they do, that already takes a lot of time and you're left with no time at all to actually discuss what the meeting was called for. All of this causes frustration among the players, as they can't actually figure out who the impostors are, which is the main goal of the game. I hope you can see where I am going...

Solution

One way all of this could be solved is by making English the only allowed language to use in Among Slimes. This would completely fix the problem, as it's much more likely that everyone in a game would be able to understand all messages sent in chat during emergency meetings. And of course, this shouldn't apply to private games, as there everyone chooses whether to join or not.

But I'd like to see your opinions on this suggestion. There's also a poll in which you can vote.

D

Deleted member 492126

What if someone doesn't understand English at all? They will probably never know they're not allowed to speak other languages. And if we warn them, they will not know why they got warned (because warnings are in English xd)

I know it's frustrating but I don't think this happens very often

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
So they can't play if they don't know English? xd
I can't play either if I don't know what language they are speaking. And as English is probably the most well-known language, it would create the least amount of problems, as most people do speak it.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
What if someone doesn't understand English at all? They will probably never know they're not allowed to speak other languages. And if we warn them, they will not know why they got warned (because warnings are in English xd)

I know it's frustrating but I don't think this happens very often
If someone doesn't understand English at all, how did they find out about Cubecraft and typed in the Cubecraft ip adress, which is also in English? I never said it happens all the time, but when it does, it's annoying as there is no communication between the players.

D

Deleted member 492126

If someone doesn't understand English at all, how did they find out about Cubecraft and typed in the Cubecraft ip adress, which is also in English? I never said it happens all the time, but when it does, it's annoying as there is no communication between the players.
Many people play on CubeCraft because their favourite YouTubers play on it. Lots of them don’t speak English at all - I’ve seen this happen multiple times in the Spanish community

Reactions: IWontHurtYou

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Many people play on CubeCraft because their favourite YouTubers play on it. Many of them don’t speak English at all - I’ve seen this happen multiple times in the Spanish community
Which leads us back to why I made this thread - because not everyone can understand every language in which a meeting was called, but, after all, which language is Cubecraft set in when you first join? The same one which most players do speak when a meeting is called. Let's imagine a situation in which one player speaks the language X and the rest 9 players speak English and other languages, but not X. When that first player calls a meeting and starts speaking in the language X, does anyone understand them? No. Therefore, if English was the only language you could use in it, there would be less frustration.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
If someone forced you to speak Arabic for example & you know nothing about it, will you learn it for just a single game?
When did I say anything about forcing someone to speak new languages? I just said that it's annoying when there is no communication between the one who called a meeting and the others, when the one who called a meeting says something in another language and everyone else is confused in English, and that made me make this thread.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I completely disagree with this. I play quite a lot of Among Slimes and most people speak English during meetings. Of course, sometimes someone speaks another language during a meeting and it's a bit frustrating but you can't exclude or punish them if they do that. To turn around, how would you feel if you get punished or excluded when you don't speak a certain language, I don't think that's the best feeling.
This is also a really weird argument. So if I play on a server with an Italian IP address it means that I speak Italian because the IP is Italian?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
Top Bottom