Java Alphabetize friends list please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ, Mar 4, 2019.

1. 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    [​IMG]

Sorry if it seems like I'm only suggesting small changes, but this has been bothering me for quite a while now.

Friends are shown in no particular order at all. Not alphabetically, not by who is your newest friend, not by who came online the last, nope, nothing

This is especially annoying when you're looking for a specific friend and just can't find them (yes, this happens to me a lot)

I'd personally like to see these alphabetized, though it can also be arranged by latest online or newest friend :D

Thanks for your time, attention and support
    ~ Riley​

2. Ruisdier

Ruisdier Member

Ruisdier
    Iron
    I don't nearly have as much friends as you xD but yes for other people like you this would be great!

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  3. 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Obviously not because you're Stone :p And yes, by taking a look at the screen I took I guess you can imagine what it's like to search for someone's name xd

Ruisdier likes this.
  4. Fisktratt

Fisktratt Member

Fisktratt
    Emerald
    Yes, please! Maybe add an option so you can choose if you want to sort them alphabetized, latest online or newest friend

Juskebat, Josher, Spuuuni and 2 others like this.
  5. TheTjitt

TheTjitt Member

TheTjitt
    Obsidian
    I am so agreeing with this. Thought this was suggested a long time ago, I really don't know if this was me or not but whatever. I'd like to see the list alphabetized. Also, you got yourself some friends man, wow.

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  6. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Falliam
    Iron
    I don't see the purpose of this to be honest. I can understand it's annoying to find a specific name if you, for example, want to remove a friend. But,and correct me if I'm wrong, you can press tab to get the name. Offline included.

Shallidor likes this.
  7. 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Then you are the only individual so far who is disagreeing :)

8. SanCookie

SanCookie Member

SanCookie
    Diamond
    Hey that’s me! Also yes

If you don’t have a lot of friends (like me, around 47), it isn’t hard to find friends, but if you have 100 friends, it becomes a lot harder :v

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  9. Mivke

Mivke Member

Mivkebat
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    i have 155/155 soo yes pls xd

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  10. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Falliam
    Iron
    I.. I know? No need to point it out lmao? I've read the comments? This is just usless information.

I still don't see the purpose. If you're removing a lot of friends you never talk to, it doesn't matter of names are alphabetic or not. If you want to remove a certain friend you probably know the name. If you're looking for a random name you still.. Probably know the name. If not. Why are you friends with them if you don't know their name?

Quick off topic thing:
    If you feel like you're bothering people you can make a big suggestion thread with a lot of small suggestions you haven't suggested yet.

Josher and SanCookie like this.
  11. SanCookie

SanCookie Member

SanCookie
    Diamond
    If they are offline it indeed has no real purpose but when they are online, and there are a lot of them online, it can get chaotic

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  12. Dutudy

Dutudy Member

Dutudy
    Obsidian
    I would love to see this! Really good suggestion! Keep it up!

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  13. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Falliam
    Iron
    I doubt 20 people of your friends list are online at the same time enough times for it to become a problem

SanCookie likes this.
  14. 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    And that's where you're wrong

There have been plenty of times where I'm playing EggWars with friends in a huge party
    And then there are other friends who are online and also enjoying themselves

Nowadays, if I'm in a party with this many people, it's mostly Skywars but you get the point

Look at Mivkebat for example, surely it has happened to him as well

15. SanCookie

SanCookie Member

SanCookie
    Diamond
    Not of mine, but imagine being a skywars tryhard and having a new friend list every day, and almost all of these friends are online

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  16. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Falliam
    Iron
    Thank you for replying to my message when I clearly quoted San. But whatever. I'll reply to you anyway if you want it so bad.
    As I said, it's hard to believe for me that there 20 ish people online, at the same time, enough times for this to become an issue. You can tell me otherwise but it's just hard to believe.
    Even if this was a problem: 20 people isn't that much in a list. So then if you have 20 people online in your friend list, your list has already been "cut in two" and there are online and offline people. It's no big deal. Honestly. It's just a useless suggestion imo.

SanCookie likes this.
  17. 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    This is an open discussion. I have all rights to quote you with valid points. The funniest part is that you say you'll reply to me but you actually didn't

See, that's where you're wrong once again

You've been the only individual so far who chose to disagree.
    The list not being arranged in any order is just inconsistent and unpractical

18. SanCookie

SanCookie Member

SanCookie
    Diamond
    Actually, it’s a personal opinion, I wouldn’t really mind if this would get added or not, but yes, it is true that probably 80% of the people doesnt have a big friend list with a lot of people online at the same time

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.
  19. Siftenly

Siftenly Member

Siftenly
    Obsidian
    Yes please. I was seriously thinking a few days ago: "How is this friend list thingy sorted? I don't see any logic in it". An alphabetical friend list would indeed be nice to have to find friends in your friend list.

Chitter and 卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ like this.
  20. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Falliam
    Iron
    I replied to you and San in the same message. I quoted San so he would also get the notification that I quoted him. If they confused you, my apologies.

"It's just a useless suggestion imo"
    imo
    imo
    imo
    imo
    me being the only person that doesn't agree is a useless argument as I said it's my opinion..

卩 尺丨ㄥ乇 ㄚ likes this.