Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like the staff to look into adding back advertisements?

• Yes, I am a content creator who would like to advertise to help grow my channel.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Yes, I am a viewer of streams who would like to see more people streaming on cubecraft

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, I am a content creator and I do not want people to advertise ingame

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, I dont want to see any advertisements to streams ingame

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
A while ago, Cubecraft decided that it would no longer allow small content creators to advertise their channels in game. The main reasons Cubecraft gave to my recollection was that: There was an issue with spamming youtube/twitch channels in the lobbies and they wanted to keep the YouTube rank special and allow it special benefits. Ever since a few weeks after the change was made, I personally (and I think a lot of you who watch these streams), have seen a decrease in players who stream minigames on Cubecraft. The community is primarily dominated by Hypixel as most people now stream BedWars. I am a long time Cubecraft fan and would love to see the 1.9 pvp community make a push back at Minecraft live streams. In my opinion, if there are more people streaming on cubecraft, a greater number of new Minecraft players will see the server and want to join, which means more people will try to learn 1.9 pvp, which in turn may lead to more people streaming and more new players joining.

I understand that spamming might be a bit of an issue, but there are many ways to make sure this does not happen, for example, having a board that you can go and click that shows different people who are streaming, make a command that allows people to advertise using points once every 5 minutes, i.e. /advertise twitch alltop10 -> with the output being a set message such as "[ADV.] Alltop10 is streaming live on Twitch! Go check it out at twitch.tv/alltop10", or make a certain lobby advertisement friendly where people can go to that lobby if they want to find a stream to watch. As for YouTube Rank, I hardly see any youtube ranks in-game at all. The ones I do see, never say anything, and just join games. There are still very good abilities that only YouTube ranks have access to, such as /nick.

My goal with this suggestion is to have the staff team discuss adding back the ability for content creators to advertise their channels LIGHTLY. Content creators can already advertise directly on the forums, and on the discord server, but these get passed over in 10 seconds as soon as someone else posts a message. Allowing advertisements in-game would help new Minecraft players find out about Cubecraft and introduce them into 1.9 style pvp. It would also allow smaller content creators to grow their channels, and find loyal viewers to play games and hang out with.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I would rather not allow this. cubecraft already spams enough when they are live streaming. i wish you could do /ignore on cubecraft and sentinel posts.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I personally would really dislike it if we would allow advertising again.

Just to get things clear I do support people uploading videos and all but that should not be at the cost of them spamming the chat.
How many people even bother to search their channel on YouTube? I mean with Twitch some people might be interested as they can play with the streamer but even then it's just a small amount of people.

I don't mind if they advertise once, but that's also the problem. Whenever someone advertises their YouTube channel or Twitch Streams they tend to do it on mutliple occasions, wich ends up spamming the chat with absolute uselss messages simply do not care about at all and rather not see.

A TLDR of my opinion is that I'm ok if people advertise their YouTube or Twitch channel once, as long as they do not repeat it multiple times after that.

Reactions: alltop10

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
So many complete idiots here thinking "allow advertising" means "allow us to spam the chat!!!". They're probably the ones that log onto cubecraft only to minimod the lobbies and started reporting people who said they were streaming ONCE in the chat before the rule was made, forcing the rule to be added.

I am all for the small cubecraft streamers advertising, of course there should not be spamming but let the spam filter deal with it ffs.
Imagine sitting in lobbies getting angry at players who want a nice streaming community to have fun, honestly just get a life, truly pathetic.

+1

Reactions: alltop10 and Andyyy
D

Deleted member 100818

So many complete idiots here thinking "allow advertising" means "allow us to spam the chat!!!". They're probably the ones that log onto cubecraft only to minimod the lobbies and started reporting people who said they were streaming ONCE in the chat before the rule was made, forcing the rule to be added.

I am all for the small cubecraft streamers advertising, of course there should not be spamming but let the spam filter deal with it ffs.
Imagine sitting in lobbies getting angry at players who want a nice streaming community to have fun, honestly just get a life, truly pathetic.

+1
I completely agree with you, but watch out with the word "idiots" I got an OFFICIAL forum warning for that!!!!

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom