Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I have somewhat suggested this before in an older thread about not allowing reports in discord, But i wanted to bring it up again since nothing came from that thread and some people thought it was a good idea.

So don't you just hate it when you spend 10 to 20 minutes recording a hacker, Editing the video of the hacker, Uploading the video to YouTube, Making the report on the website then have it be denied because the report was not viewed in a timely manner and the user gets banned by sentinel. (usually a couple hours or even days after you make your report)

Well my suggestion is instead of denying the report. You guys accept the report and add the video evidence to the appeal page. Alot of people who get banned by sentinel deny hacking saying (I lagging i no hack!) Or (I Skill No CHeat NoOb BaD StAFF)

It would not only help prove that the user is cheating. But it would also make the person who reported the user not feel like he completely wasted his time doing so. I stopped making hacker reports because of 99% of the time they get denied because the user was already banned by sentinel. It always feels like a spit in the face when you put time and effort into something just to have it be denied. So i think this would be a good fix to that. Also i know there is a very low chance of this being added in because how low staffed CubeCraft is and Having to Prioritize other things. But i feel like this would make the community fairly happy.

If anyone else has any ideas about this feel free to comment below!

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Meh, 10-20 minutes is a bit too. I record, upload and report people in under 5 minutes and most of the hacker reports are accepted.

The suggestion itself would work. Afaik the conversations are only for false bans, and w this system staff members can ‘block’ people from doing the conversation, and loony can save time and do other stuff. Gonna tag him really quick as this is p much bout him. @LoonyRules

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
Meh, 10-20 minutes is a bit too. I record, upload and report people in under 5 minutes and most of the hacker reports are accepted.

The suggestion itself would work. Afaik the conversations are only for false bans, and w this system staff members can ‘block’ people from doing the conversation, and loony can save time and do other stuff. Gonna tag him really quick as this is p much bout him. @LoonyRules

Yeah it takes alot longer for me at least. Getting the recording software up and trying to get as much footage of the hacker is about 10 minutes right there. I also render my videos in 1080p 60fps which is another 5. then uploading the video is only a few seconds and then making the report is only 2 to 3 minutes for me at least. But everyone works at different speeds :P

Jiqks

Dec 16, 2018

I delay in recording until the game ends and I do not edit the videos I upload to YouTube directly and the report more or less 3 minutes

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Well my suggestion is instead of denying the report. You guys accept the report and add the video evidence to the appeal page. Alot of people who get banned by sentinel deny hacking saying (I lagging i no hack!) Or (I Skill No CHeat NoOb BaD StAFF)

It would not only help prove that the user is cheating.

Yeah I agree with you here, I'll record a video, edit it, and then upload it. The report is not seen for at least an hour, and by then Sentinel has banned the player. I think it would be useful to attach the evidence along with their ban so the user definitely cannot deny that they were hacking.

The only issue is, what if multiple players report the cheater? Do they all get a "handled" message on their report, or does one player get it? There are some cases where more than one person will record the hacker. It's not really a problem, but I could see this as a way for people to quickly stack up successful reports.

Reactions: Anthoken and Keanu
Getting the recording software up and trying to get as much footage of the hacker is about 10 minutes right there
I recommend you try Nvidia shadowplay for recording instead. It's an in-game overlay so always active when you're playing Minecraft. You can keybind the recording and overall the software barely causes any drop in fps. When I notice someone hacking all I need to press one button and boom I'm instantly recording in 1080p, 60 fps. This is very convenient for me as I often play duels and would never be able to record any hackers there if I had to boot up some slow recording program first. The fight would be over long before I could even press the record button.
Also, getting as much footage as possible is often not necessary. If your recording clearly shows the player hacking it's more than enough even if it's short. My own recordings often last no longer than 20 seconds and my reports always get approved. In fact, I trim my videos down to save staff some time.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
Yeah I agree with you here, I'll record a video, edit it, and then upload it. The report is not seen for at least an hour, and by then Sentinel has banned the player. I think it would be useful to attach the evidence along with their ban so the user definitely cannot deny that they were hacking.

The only issue is, what if multiple players report the cheater? Do they all get a "handled" message on their report, or does one player get it? There are some cases where more than one person will record the hacker. It's not really a problem, but I could see this as a way for people to quickly stack up successful reports.

Yeah i see your point there. never really thought about that. Yes it would stack up successful reports, but say if they were trying to apply for staff. the reports they got accepted would still be vailed because they successful identify a hacker. I think they look for consistent in knowing who is hacking and who is not.

And i am not sure if they should all be accepted or not. I am more on the favour of having them all be accepted but at the same time, that would mean one user could have 3 to 4 videos on there appeal. which i guess its not a bad thing can really prove they are hacking lol but im not sure.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I recommend you try Nvidia shadowplay for recording instead. It's an in-game overlay so always active when you're playing Minecraft. You can keybind the recording and overall the software barely causes any drop in fps. When I notice someone hacking all I need to press one button and boom I'm instantly recording in 1080p, 60 fps. This is very convenient for me as I often play duels and would never be able to record any hackers there if I had to boot up some slow recording program first. The fight would be over long before I could even press the record button.
Also, getting as much footage as possible is often not necessary. If your recording clearly shows the player hacking it's more than enough even if it's short. My own recordings often last no longer than 20 seconds and my reports always get approved. In fact, I trim my videos down to save staff some time.
I have an AMD graphics card. My software for my gpu has a program called Relive but its not nearly as good as shadowplay. It often does not record when i hit the key for it. so now i use Plays.tv which is an amazing video recording software. you can have it set to record 24/7 or have it sent to record with one button. i just often forget to open the program after turning on my pc.

Reactions: CubeTale

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes it would stack up successful reports, but say if they were trying to apply for staff. the reports they got accepted would still be vailed because they successful identify a hacker
Exactly, so I don't think it's really a problem, I just realized that might be something that happens. :D

that would mean one user could have 3 to 4 videos on there appeal. which i guess its not a bad thing can really prove they are hacking lol but im not sure.
Although it would be overkill, it would definitely mean every user who put effort into recording in the first place will actually have their recordings used.

Reactions: Anthoken

LoonyRules

Novice Member
Mar 12, 2017
England, United Kingdom
twitter.com

Normal appeals can have conversations but they're just called "Replies" and anyone can initiate that conversation but most of the time I won't reply to it because the replies are mainly users being salty that they got caught cheating, mad that it's the weekend and I haven't replied or claim that it must've been their friends, cousin, sister, little brother, their chicken, dog, etc that would've broken the rules.

If the initial appeal is denied, the user will get another chance to appeal by starting a conversation. This will then go through a different round of appealing and will request more data from the user. I can then accept the conversation so that I can have a conversation with the user, deny it if I don't want to unban them or click the accept button if the user needs to be unbanned.

If the initial appeal isn't denied and it's accepted, the user will be unbanned at that moment in time, however, this doesn't mean that their punishment is a False Positive.

For a False Positive, I have to specifically press the False Positive button of which let's the user know that I'll be looking into it when I have more time, which is usually after I've finished all currently opened appeals. If the False Positive is approved then the punishment will be undone and marked as a False Positive but may still show on your record publicly, just with an obvious indication that the punishment was undone but if it's denied, your ban will stay applied.

Hopefully this clears up some confusion, some people think that it's just an Accept or Deny button when it's really not. As for this thread, I'm asking around internally to see what we could do instead of just denying your reports when the user is already banned. Once we know a plan, this thread will be marked as Escalated.

Last edited:

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
or claim that it must've been their friends, cousin, sister, little brother, their chicken, dog, etc that would've broken the rules.
Some of the excuses you must read must be hilarious haha. :p

As for this thread, I'm asking around internally to see what we could do instead of just denying your reports when the user is already banned. Once we know a plan, this thread will be marked as Escalated.

Thanks for the reply, will be interesting to hear what comes from this suggestion.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
As for this thread, I'm asking around internally to see what we could do instead of just denying your reports when the user is already banned. Once we know a plan, this thread will be marked as Escalated.

Okay thank you for taking the time to read this!

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
If the False Positive is approved then the punishment will be undone and marked as a False Positive but will still show on your record publicly
upload_2019-5-17_18-24-8.png

Not that I'm complaining but I've been banned 4 times and got all 4 bans removed, what does that mean?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom