Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
This only applies to Team Eggwars as Solo Eggwars doesn't have a pre-lobby.

Waiting for an Eggwars game to start can get boring (especially late nights here in Toronto as most of the player-base is asleep in Europe). This is why I am proposing the idea of allowing players to build on the map while they wait for a game.

Why?
• Good practice for competitive players.
• They won't be bored hence players will be less impatient.
• If they're allowed to build around and explore the map that they'll be playing on, they will be able to examine and make plans for when the game starts. New players will have a good understanding of how the map looks.
• Building is fun and can make long waits feel like just under a minute.

How?
So the player spawns in the middle of the map (the map they'll be playing on) with infinite blocks rather than being in the waiting lobby with nothing to do aside from parkour. Players will be allowed to swap between building and spectating. By spectating, they can easily view the map and make preparations with their team. They can build around and have fun but once the game is full, the players are teleported to their cages and the blocks placed earlier are cleared. To reduce lag, if the total placed block count goes over a certain limit, all of the players' first few blocks will disintegrate so the total block count goes decently under the limit.

Another ambitious idea of mine, not sure if it would be allowed into the network for technical reasons.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
This only applies to Team Eggwars as Solo Eggwars doesn't have a pre-lobby.

Waiting for an Eggwars game to start can get boring (especially late nights here in Toronto as most of the player-base is asleep in Europe). This is why I am proposing the idea of allowing players to build on the map while they wait for a game.

Why?
• Good practice for competitive players.
• They won't be bored hence players will be less impatient.
• If they're allowed to build around and explore the map that they'll be playing on, they will be able to examine and make plans for when the game starts. New players will have a good understanding of how the map looks.
• Building is fun and can make long waits feel like just under a minute.

How?
So the player spawns in the middle of the map (the map they'll be playing on) with infinite blocks rather than being in the waiting lobby with nothing to do aside from parkour. Players will be allowed to swap between building and spectating. By spectating, they can easily view the map and make preparations with their team. They can build around and have fun but once the game is full, the players are teleported to their cages and the blocks placed earlier are cleared. To reduce lag, if the total placed block count goes over a certain limit, all of the players' first few blocks will disintegrate so the total block count goes decently under the limit.

Another ambitious idea of mine, not sure if it would be allowed into the network for technical reasons.
Brih this is epic. Add a poll or something. Ive never thought of this, but it should have been something many years ago

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
It would be a great idea, but I think it would break the game standards. I mean, the majority of people like to start without any protection on the egg, and with nothing (the original game), so, In my opinion, I think this idea, at the end, would get boring and uninteresting. From my point of sight, I always like to improvise in a team eggwars game, and it's a thing that the majority do too. So, having time to cover the egg and thinking of a strategy, it would break the last statement.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
This does seem interesting but I assume would be a lot of work for it to even get added. I do think the lobbies need something more than just parkour. However, for now when waiting just watch a YouTube video or talk to your friends. I can relate to the pain of waiting a few minutes, which seem like an hour, for the game to start.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
It would be a great idea, but I think it would break the game standards. I mean, the majority of people like to start without any protection on the egg, and with nothing (the original game), so, In my opinion, I think this idea, at the end, would get boring and uninteresting. From my point of sight, I always like to improvise in a team eggwars game, and it's a thing that the majority do too. So, having time to cover the egg and thinking of a strategy, it would break the last statement.
Read the thread again

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I don't think you understood what I meant by this post which is fine because it was quickly written. I'm saying they should allow players to build around the map freely while they wait for the game to start. Once the game starts, all the blocks placed will be cleared and the player is teleported into their cages. Nothing is changed to the actual eggwars gamemode; just the lobby which gives the player the ability to build.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom