Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Hello, I don't really have to make this thread very long, I suppose.

The titel basically explains itself here. The reason why I think this should be added is so the owner of a thread is able to remove their thread when they feel like it contains redundant information or simply put; regret making the thread later on because they've changed their mind. We're already allowed to remove our profile posts, so I don't really see why the same can't be applied to threads we create.

Nowadays, when you want to remove your thread, you simply need to edit it and replace the titel and text with '-' or whatever you prefer to cover it up. This leaves the section the thread is located in slightly messy, since the thread literally has no information in it at all. I also feel like it's more comfortable for people to remove the thread in it's whole instead of having to edit every post they have made on it , while quotes of the posts still would be visible. Locking the thread is also an option, but that still leaves it existing and able to be read by others. Being able to remove it in it's whole would benefit both the owner of the thread and the people that are scrolling through sections in my opinion.

Your feedback on whether you agree or disagree is always appreciated. I'm sorry if this has already been suggested before. I have probably not noticed it then.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net

The titel basically explains itself here. The reason why I think this should be added is so the owner of a thread is able to remove their thread when they feel like it contains redundant information or simply put; regret making the thread later on because they've changed their mind. We're already allowed to remove our profile posts, so I don't really see why the same can't be applied to threads we create.

Nowadays, when you want to remove your thread, you simply need to edit it and replace the titel and text with '-' or whatever you prefer to cover it up. This leaves the section the thread is located in slightly messy, since the thread literally has no information in it at all. I also feel like it's more comfortable for people to remove the thread in it's whole instead of having to edit every post they have made on it , while quotes of the posts still would be visible. Locking the thread is also an option, but that still leaves it existing and able to be read by others. Being able to remove it in it's whole would benefit both the owner of the thread and the people that are scrolling through sections in my opinion.

Your feedback on whether you agree or disagree is always appreciated. I'm sorry if this has already been suggested before. I have probably not noticed it then.
That could be fine, but in other details it could have some disadvantages. ^^

KellyBoo

Sep 2, 2015
Ibiza, Spain

Yes, it's a good idea! But it has some disadvantages too. :)

Last edited:

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
Years ago, we allowed this. What it resulted in was people making threads to bully other users, then delete before mods could find it. It's a nice idea assuming everyone plays by the rules, which, unfortunately, they don't.
Instead of deleting the thread. Hide it for normal users but not for staff. When deleting the thread just like you can delete a comment on your profile you need to give a reason why you want to delete it. Staff can review it and check if it isnt against the rules

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Instead of deleting the thread. Hide it for normal users but not for staff. When deleting the thread just like you can delete a comment on your profile you need to give a reason why you want to delete it. Staff can review it and check if it isnt against the rules

This is already what happens when a thread is deleted.

Years ago, we allowed this. What it resulted in was people making threads to bully other users, then delete before mods could find it. It's a nice idea assuming everyone plays by the rules, which, unfortunately, they don't.

Are you sure you gave members the 'Delete own thread' permission years ago?
Because if so, deleted threads are still visible to staff members.

I think there's a chance you may have given members the 'Hard Delete own thread' which removes the thread permanently with no chance of other staff members being able to see the thread.

Maybe instead, there could be a system where you request a lock or a thread deletion and moderators could review the post and if no rules are broken, the thread can be deleted.

Reactions: DragonLord

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Maybe instead, there could be a system where you request a lock or a thread deletion and moderators could review the post and if no rules are broken, the thread can be deleted.
I like this idea more than members being able to delete threads whenever they want. Having a system like the lock system would be much better.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I like this idea more than members being able to delete threads whenever they want. Having a system like the lock system would be much better.

The only issue is that moderators would have to deal with every single request.
Being able to delete own threads is easier as threads which are made by mistake can be deleted without any moderator action.
Generally at least one person will read a thread before it is deleted and if they see anything against forum rules, a moderator can be informed.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
Top Bottom