Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this being implemented?

• Yes!

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey!

I got this idea from a reply to this thread, which I really think is a good idea but it didn't get enough attention.
Currently there is a problem in Among Slimes with people that are AFK. This is really annoying, especially during meetings. I also find myself being AFK sometimes during an emergency meeting, and I don't want to slow down the game because of that.

I suggest a system that puts a player into AFK mode if they stand still for 20 seconds or longer. When you are in AFK mode your vote gets skipped automatically when you're in a voting. The vote will not count as a skip, to not give the imposters an unfair advantage. This way the games get sped up and it could also prevent innocent people getting voted out because they're afk.
The voting does not take that long, I know, but if you have to wait the full time 3 votings in a row for instance, that's just really annoying and it slows down the gameplay. I also see a lot of players complaining when someone is afk, or even voting them out for it, which should not be happening.

Let me know what you think about it!

Last edited:

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I disagree for instance you're with 6 people left and there's 1 person afk and the 3 crewmates catch you redhanded killing the 7th crewmate. You and the other impostor can both skip and with the afk person automatically skipping too makes it a tie in votes even though all the crewmates voted on the impostor. This will garant you a win when you should have been shoot off.

I am afraid there is nothing that could be done to balance the game. There will always be someone afk. The same could be said in eggwars it's not fair to play alone in a map of 3 when your 2 teammates have left.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I disagree for instance you're with 6 people left and there's 1 person afk and the 3 crewmates catch you redhanded killing the 7th crewmate. You and the other impostor can both skip and with the afk person automatically skipping too makes it a tie in votes even though all the crewmates voted on the impostor. This will garant you a win when you should have been shoot off.

I am afraid there is nothing that could be done to balance the game. There will always be someone afk. The same could be said in eggwars it's not fair to play alone in a map of 3 when your 2 teammates have left.
That's a good point I didn't think about. But what if the vote wouldn't count as a skip but it does count the user as like he has voted? They won't vote anyway in most cases so the crewmates will probably lose in a situation like this. It would just be to make the votings go quicker.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I like the new idea that your vote would not be counted but instead seemed like you have so the process is sped up. Sometimes everyone can vote within in seconds but you have to wait longer than a minute to continue the rest of the game, due to someone being AFK. I really love this idea because I am sure others have gotten bored of waiting and just decided to go to other gamemodes instead. Overall, great concept!

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Just kick them from the game when afk cuz also annoying for tasks cuz you can't win the game on tasks so a imposter can just keep playing and wait very long to kill and its easier for them to win and you can't win task. Easy solution just kick them I don't really see a downside

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Just kick them from the game when afk cuz also annoying for tasks cuz you can't win the game on tasks so a imposter can just keep playing and wait very long to kill and its easier for them to win and you can't win task. Easy solution just kick them I don't really see a downside
This is the solution I feel is best.

Using a method that specifically lets players stay in games just encourages people to AFK farm. Kicking them stops them gaining any points and ensures that the game isn't ruined for other players. You shouldn't be going AFK in the middle of a game, and if you do have to then just leave, because you're just ruining the game for other players.

Reactions: Maaarijn
D

Deleted member 469419

I've only played this game once so I don't know very well how works the game mechanics and that all (I know what it's about of course). I understand what you're suggesting and what are the reasons, it's totally true that it's quite annoying that when a player get AFK the voting makes longer than usual and makes a boring waiting. Personally I've not had this problem on "Among slimes" but I've had it into the original game, so I agree with you.

~ Voted yes. Good suggestion.

Reactions: Maaarijn
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom