Not open for further replies.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey guys!

I just came across a problem in Among Slimes:
There were 3 crewmates, 1 ghost (crewmate) and 1 imposter left. The crewmates had used all of their emergency button uses already, we also completed our tasks, except for the ghost. After a long time we discovered that the imposter was hiding inside a vent. As we couldn't call a meeting there was nothing we could do but wait. The game finally finished after about 40 minutes(!) because the ghost had left the game. This all because someone who had died went afk and didn't complete their tasks.

It happens quite often that people go afk after they've died, most of them don't complete their tasks. This can lead to annoying moments and it slows down the game sometimes. Therefore I suggest to add an AFK kick for ghosts in Among Slimes who have been AFK for 5 minutes. Ghosts have not much to add exept for completing tasks. Also as a ghost it's no problem at all to leave anyway as it has no negative impact to the game, so an AFK kick would not be a problem either.

Let me know what you think about it!

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think this is a good idea, but why only for ghosts? It is really annoying when an alive player is afk, also doesn't do any tasks and the meetings take way too long because he doesn't vote. I think they should add an afk kick for all the players in among slimes, it would make it a lot easier. I know for a fact that some players just play on automode in among slimes, go afk en get some free wins/xp/points. This isn't possible anymore if you add an afk kick for everyone in among slimes.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I think this is a good idea, but why only for ghosts? It is really annoying when an alive player is afk, also doesn't do any tasks and the meetings take way too long because he doesn't vote. I think they should add an afk kick for all the players in among slimes, it would make it a lot easier. I know for a fact that some players just play on automode in among slimes, go afk en get some free wins/xp/points. This isn't possible anymore if you add an afk kick for everyone in among slimes.
I already suggested this for alive players, it didn't get too much attention unfortunately. For alive players an AFK kick would not be a good idea tho, people will just stand AFK to get kicked without losing imposter %. This would not be possible to punish for either, as you cant determine if someone is really AFK or just doing it to get kicked.
If you want to take a look at my solution to this, you can check my other thread here.

This suggestion is only about the ghosts.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
In my openion, this really is a good idea/suggestion! As someone said, if this gets implemented it will speed up the game. Because not all people can play all day if you know what I mean xD. I've also came across this but never though of suggestion it xD.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I already suggested this for alive players, it didn't get too much attention unfortunately. For alive players an AFK kick would not be a good idea tho, people will just stand AFK to get kicked without losing imposter %. This would not be possible to punish for either, as you cant determine if someone is really AFK or just doing it to get kicked.
If you want to take a look at my solution to this, you can check my other thread here.

This suggestion is only about the ghosts.
Couldn't you just make them lose imposter chance?

Goldvelocity982

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere in asia
If AFK players are there in a game and slow down the progress then won't the imposter just kill them? It would be an easy kill and with the above suggestion of kicking AFK ghosts, I don't think that will be needed

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
If AFK players are there in a game and slow down the progress then won't the imposter just kill them? It would be an easy kill and with the above suggestion of kicking AFK ghosts, I don't think that will be needed
Imposter can purposely keep them alive to make sure they can never finish tasks and so the crewmates have 1 less vote and so the crewmates might get annoyed that they have to wait soo long every voting time that they might leave themselves

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I think you don't understand it. The point is that ghosts still have to complete their tasks in order to make the crewmates win by completing all tasks, unless they leave the game of course. So if the ghost doesn't complete their tasks the game could go on forever.

For the reason that the AFK player is an easy kill I don't agree with kicking AFK players, they don't add much but can still be usefull in close situations where the imposters only need a double kill for instance. The only problem with AFK players is that votings take a bit longer. Ghosts are more annoying and don't add anything to the game really, therefore kicking them after a certain time seems like a great idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom