Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Hello all, after the new update many of you complained about the coloured blocks.
They (by your arguments) make it impossible to use sneaking tactics. Although I never use this tactics, I came up with an idea that would be an interesting addition to the game. An extra villager in the middle.

What does this villager sell?
This villager sells blocks in the colours of other teams, making it possible to use your sneaky tactics again. The villager could also sell certain items that are a little bit more end game, making an incentive for base campers to go to the middle.

How will it prevent mid/additional villager camping?
You might argue that this extra villager will encourage midcamping and I agree on that. To prevent the shop could only give a few items that aren't worth having multiple of, making it needless to camp. The price of these items could also be balanced out, although I don't know how. One final way is that the villager only shows up after a set amount of time, making midcamping early game just as balanced as it is now.

How is this different from an emerald generator?
It kinda isn't any different, it is just a different way of aproaching this idea. It might flaw the entire idea, but perhaps it is a good addition or even replacement for the emerald generator.

Leave your thoughts down bellow and if you know any, give some extra items this villager could sell!

Vreeself

Feb 22, 2017
Belgium
www.youtube.com
Yes this should be usefull, but maybe we can make the villager only sell blocks because it's difficult to get back from mid without having any blocks.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think that it could be interesting to add to have certain items (Blocks or food) which you may have run out of and can't get back to your island to buy more. I think there could be more items added but keeping in mind that we do not want to have anything available which will cause more camping.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I think that it could be interesting to add to have certain items (Blocks or food) which you may have run out of and can't get back to your island to buy more. I think there could be more items added but keeping in mind that we do not want to have anything available which will cause more camping.
That's the dangerous thing about this, make it too OP and the last update will be redundant. I think food and blocks are quite good, although I feel like it could have a little bit more significance to the game.

Eriezalio

Jun 29, 2017
I think the colored blocks are a good idea. It may seem confusing but it gives an extra level to pro players to try to navigate that and identify who is who. This will basically not do anything to new players because they aren't used to the game.

Last edited:

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Good idea but if they make its so is your to so close to enemys Island your blocks change that colour of that team

A

A pigeon

Since when do I have such video?

As for the suggestion:
Nope, nope and... nope.

Any type of villager selling anything at mid is a no-no.
Yeah i commented on the video . Turns out it was another of Trump's build sessions

Codeah

Jun 23, 2017
the Netherlands
I personally have never encountered a problem with colored blocks. But let's not forget that I'm that type of guy who sometimes might be a little bit too focused on one specific thing that I do not even notice the enemy building a bridge towards my island.

This might be useful for more skilled players, but I don't see how this would change much anyway. Since teams with proper communication, will easily know where they've built bridges. Then for example : Closing yourself with obsidian while trying to hide by the egg, or breaking clay blocks behind you while building bridges might as well just be another skill.

I can not really give you a verdict. But I will definitely keep this in mind for the future while playing games to see exactly how these colored blocks might be used.

JustxEsmee

Feb 2, 2016
The Netherlands
I think this isn't neccesary to add, because the villager on the island already gives you plenty of choices with stuff that you can buy. Also with the colored blocks with sneaking in. If you can't sneak in with your own colorblocks you also can't sneak in with other colors. The only positive thing is that it will confuse alot more players. Also if a game ends very fast you will win without using the villager in mid, so in my opinion this villager is not a need to improve eggwars.

Eriezalio

Jun 29, 2017
I guess your opinion makes sense, but I think the colored blocks would make it more of a challenge. Maybe add a new gamemode too? One gamemode won't have the villager in the middle and the other will.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I guess your opinion makes sense, but I think the colored blocks would make it more of a challenge. Maybe add a new gamemode too? One gamemode won't have the villager in the middle and the other will.
Only problem with that is we would split the community even more. The eggwars players are already divided between speed eggwars and normal eggwars.
Overall, I think having the villager in the middle would be a bad change. This would add even more incentive to mid camp. Even if it was just blocks and food, it would provide quite an advantage to those holding mid. They would be able to farm diamonds and gold and buy notch apples, gapples, and obsidian. If they changed it out only have stained clay and steak, the shop would have almost no use. The shop would also be an obstacle to pvp. If you were low, you could run inside the villager and heal up and the other player would have a hard time hitting you. Sorry, but -1 from me.

One suggestion I have for the colored clay would be that the island villagers (ones on base) sell the color clay of the island they are on. So if you were on blue, the villager would sell only blue clay. Red island would sell only red clay. (This would be the same with glass) This way you could get the color you want. If you are attacking a base, you could quickly trade with the villager on their base so you could block up with their color (if you truely believe it makes that much of a difference :p).
:D

Reactions: Eriezalio

Eriezalio

Jun 29, 2017
Only problem with that is we would split the community even more. The eggwars players are already divided between speed eggwars and normal eggwars.
Overall, I think having the villager in the middle would be a bad change. This would add even more incentive to mid camp. Even if it was just blocks and food, it would provide quite an advantage to those holding mid. They would be able to farm diamonds and gold and buy notch apples, gapples, and obsidian. If they changed it out only have stained clay and steak, the shop would have almost no use. The shop would also be an obstacle to pvp. If you were low, you could run inside the villager and heal up and the other player would have a hard time hitting you. Sorry, but -1 from me.

One suggestion I have for the colored clay would be that the island villagers (ones on base) sell the color clay of the island they are on. So if you were on blue, the villager would sell only blue clay. Red island would sell only red clay. (This would be the same with glass) This way you could get the color you want. If you are attacking a base, you could quickly trade with the villager on their base so you could block up with their color (if you truely believe it makes that much of a difference :p).
:D

True, I don't really care about the villager in the middle, maybe just some food or something, (or a food spawned :)), but I really like the idea of other colored blocks. It kind of differeciates (can't spell :/)EggWars from BedWars a little more.

A

A pigeon

@KronosReeper could you please link your sneaking into enemy base video over here
Why did i make this reply back there ? Could someone please remove that one

Anyway as for the mid villager , make it so that people cant place blocks in a 5 block radius around him. He should sell potion upgrades for the team

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello all, after the new update many of you complained about the coloured blocks.
They (by your arguments) make it impossible to use sneaking tactics. Although I never use this tactics, I came up with an idea that would be an interesting addition to the game. An extra villager in the middle.

What does this villager sell?
This villager sells blocks in the colours of other teams, making it possible to use your sneaky tactics again. The villager could also sell certain items that are a little bit more end game, making an incentive for base campers to go to the middle.

How will it prevent mid/additional villager camping?
You might argue that this extra villager will encourage midcamping and I agree on that. To prevent the shop could only give a few items that aren't worth having multiple of, making it needless to camp. The price of these items could also be balanced out, although I don't know how. One final way is that the villager only shows up after a set amount of time, making midcamping early game just as balanced as it is now.

How is this different from an emerald generator?
It kinda isn't any different, it is just a different way of aproaching this idea. It might flaw the entire idea, but perhaps it is a good addition or even replacement for the emerald generator.

Leave your thoughts down bellow and if you know any, give some extra items this villager could sell!
That could actually be quite useful...
I do remember the times where I collected so many recources from mid, and just relised that I had no blocks.
( Also, teamates didn't care so I had to jump off )

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Isn't it a little bit of extra skill level how we have it right now?

Everyone wants to go to mid as quickly as possible, you take just enough blocks with you and a little bit of food. With a villager at mid it doesn't really matter. You can stock up on blocks and food (+ all items that are at the mid shop). Wouldn't hate it if it were to be added, but definitely doesn't feel like a necessary thing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

had to reinstall minecraft just for the twitch cape (then uninstall it again)

looks great on my skin
image-51.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BurgerCat13's profile.
🍔
BurgerCat13 wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy cake day Eva
caraMel wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!!!! ✨
GiGaGekkies wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom