Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
A

A pigeon

Im talking about the new “traps” . They’re all the same lol. Instead of these you couldve worked on the spontaneous leap powerup we asked for or maybe the spikedwalls/staris/floors, which we also asked for.

I’m talking about the new battlezone update.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Thanks for the suggestion. The current traps are only the start to traps, we have more plans for new traps and placeable structures to help players. I also saw you comment on the Battle Zone release thread: "Wither and poison and kind of very useless. Lightning is just borderline. They are just reskins of each other.". The traps aren't meant for the soul purpose of killing a player, they are meant to damage and weakness, but if you're lucky, kill a player. We didn't want traps to be too OP (as we've had issues in the past with players saying things are too OP).

As for the skins of the traps, it was my idea to make them have the standard of looking the same in terms of having a cage like design. I wanted traps to be recognisable based on the design and specifically recognisable on the type of trap it is, with the colours inside the head. Such as the poison is green and the fire is red.

At the moment I know that the traps take up a lot of space, I want them to stack automatically as you can still stack them manually and I plan to make it so traps can be placed anywhere with a block support rather than being in a specific spot on a wall. And maybe we're working on something to give you more inventory space o_O

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
As a follow-up to Cam's reply, from a technical standpoint, think of this update as us adding in the framework for more advanced stuff.
Prior to this we had nothing in the game which allowed for this type of mechanic, so we had to develop this from scratch. ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Reach's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
happy birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
Top Bottom