Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a win streak added into egg wars?

• Total voters

C4RT

Apr 20, 2019
I think there should be a win streak leaderboard for EggWars that displays the players with the highest win streaks. I feel like the best way to implement this is to just simply add an iron token to select. It would display the top 200 or so players with the best win streaks. If this is not suitable, another idea would be to add it to the already existing 'EggWars statistics,' which is right above the wins leaderboard. I attached a picture of this.
A similar idea would be to bring back the floating statistics board so players wouldn't have to open up the game's GUI and click a couple of times. I attached a picture of what it used to look like.
There could also be new achievements like "get a win streak of 5 in EggWars."

Adding a win streak is a good way to bring back old players and attract new ones. It would add a whole new element to the game which I think players would enjoy. On other threads I have seen some really great poll results in favor of adding a win streak.

Counter arguments I've seen in other threads related to this topic:
*I know if this were to be added, it would most likely have to be added for other games. I'm posting this in EggWars because it is CubeCraft's most popular game as of right now.*

*Some people may think this is copying some other big Minecraft servers , but it's not. Those other Minecraft servers didn't invent the 'win streak,' as it is an overall general idea. It is in a lot of video games everywhere.*

*I've seen on some other threads that this will increase the amount of toxicity and cheaters on the network. This could easily be prevented by having the option to not publicly show your win streak, so snipers couldn't intentionally target you. However, there are hackers who aren't sniping and are just cheating in general with no intention to break win streaks. Sadly nothing can be done about this but the best options would be to start recording the cheater and use /report on them. Hopefully sentinel or a mod could ban them before breaking one's win streak. As for the toxicity part, I don't see any issues. If you are saying the community or certain people are toxic, just report or /ignore them.*

*Players who enjoy playing EggWars competitively could rage or get upset to losing their win streak. Just like the hacker situation, there is nothing to be done about this because it is all on that person. If they decide to rage and say some not so nice things in chat, just report them or /ignore as stated previously.*

Please leave suggestions and ideas if you have any.

Example of what the added statistic would look like. (obviously added below wins and not to the side)

Example of Statistics.png
Example of old statistics board.png

ItsFadi

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2018
i will not read all this but from the title i think it's a good idea

and this thread should be in feedback & Suggestions

ProestPro

Jul 22, 2020
This sounds very cool. Maybe instead of just grinding to get to leaderboards, you can try to win strategically and get the highest winstreak!

ReedM

May 16, 2018
Earth
Nice idea to add some extra reward / reason for playing more games. Hopefully it gets added!

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
This has been suggested several times before. The main conclusion there was that having a streak counter/leaderboard is nice, but it will make EggWars more toxic..
Don’t think it’ll be accepted this time :)

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I've seen this suggestion before and I still agree that this is a great idea. A great way for new players that are good at the game to gain some fame (New players don't have a big chance to join the actual win leaderboard).
I like the idea but I'm not ure if this is gonna be added as this has been suggested many times before but never added.

C4RT

Apr 20, 2019
This has been suggested several times before. The main conclusion there was that having a streak counter/leaderboard is nice, but it will make EggWars more toxic..
Don’t think it’ll be accepted this time :)
The command /ignore is a thing as well as reporting a player. As mentioned in my thread, I suggested the idea to have it optional for a players win streak to not be shown publicly. There is no issues with creating more toxicity as long as the installation is done correctly.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
i agree i think this is a good idea!
it will also encourage people to play the faster maps like rome mansion orc nightmare etc instead of the boring maps that take hours to win because getting a long winstreak would take less time so it would be more fun.
then after some time we can faze out the boring maps and maybe add 1 or 2 more of the 10v10 maps so the server becomes even more popular.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom