Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Add a poll? I agree though :)
tumblr_oin7v4yTra1sqqqsqo1_500.gif

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t think it’s really that necessary. When checking in: #reports-translations Turkish I barely see anyone asking for translations in there. It gets mentioned 2.5 pages in a month time and barely ever from a moderator, so it indicates that it doesn’t really gets reported that often. Creating a whole new section for it would be rather pointless in my opinion.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
looks at #reports-translations

I never actually noticed this until a Turkish translator pointed it out, but there seems to be a lot of curse words thrown around in Turkish on the server.
There are only two staff members that are from Turkey, neither of them are Mod. I don't think it would make sense to add Turkish as an option when there's no one to deal with those reports

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Im turkish and I always report. I have almost 500 reports. If turkish is added, it may be easier for staff.
But that doesn't mean all of the reports are Turkish? I mean, I am Belgian but that doesn't mean that all of my reports are Dutch. Also, how would the addition of Turkish make anything easier for staff members :kermitwhat:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
If the language is chosen as turkish, it is known to be turkish and the translation team is asked.
I have to agree on this one, when I did chat reports for “other languages” the hardest part was figuring out which language to tag in the translation discord. I was always happy if someone put the language in extra info.
This of course, isn’t only for Turkish but for all “other languages” so I think it would be super duper handy if when selecting “other languages” your have to give the language in a new box before being able to submit to the report.
I think that you know which language you are reporting so that shouldn’t be a problem, and you can always use google translate for checking. You only report that one person, the staff member might be doing their 10th report :D

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I have to agree on this one, when I did chat reports for “other languages” the hardest part was figuring out which language to tag in the translation discord. I was always happy if someone put the language in extra info.
This of course, isn’t only for Turkish but for all “other languages” so I think it would be super duper handy if when selecting “other languages” your have to give the language in a new box before being able to submit to the report.
I think that you know which language you are reporting so that shouldn’t be a problem, and you can always use google translate for checking. You only report that one person, the staff member might be doing their 10th report :D

Sounds very reasonable, and honestly, I wonder why that hasn't been added waaaay earlier. I can imagine how much figuring out which language it is can be a big problem, as I had to face that problem when I made in-game reports and asked for the translation team to translate them. Not just for Turkish (But yes there ARE a lot of Turkish reports), but for all languages.

Reactions: xHappyMood

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado

Sounds very reasonable, and honestly, I wonder why that hasn't been added waaaay earlier. I can imagine how much figuring out which language it is can be a big problem, as I had to face that problem when I made in-game reports and asked for the translation team to translate them. Not just for Turkish (But yes there ARE a lot of Turkish reports), but for all languages.
This reminds me of how easily Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese get confused.

I can also imagine such confusion with Bulgarian/Russian, and Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish.

D

Deleted member 492126

I think this is a good idea. We actually receive quite a few Turkish reports every day. I don't think the amount of messages in #reports-translations matters, since some moderators have learned Turkish swear words and no longer need to ask for translations

Reactions: Eli and Lozora

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
wdym fesa

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
wdym fesa
If you're reporting someone for something that needs a language and select other an extra box will appear where you have to type which language. All those languages will go under other for the staff team, but they'll know what language it is if they need a translation. And if you don't know which language you can still say IDK or something

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
If you're reporting someone for something that needs a language and select other an extra box will appear where you have to type which language. All those languages will go under other for the staff team, but they'll know what language it is if they need a translation. And if you don't know which language you can still say IDK or something
But if there is a Turkish option, the staff do not ask the TT team to find out which language it is. like espanol,netherlands and english languages..

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
looks at #reports-translations

I never actually noticed this until a Turkish translator pointed it out, but there seems to be a lot of curse words thrown around in Turkish on the server.
I wouldn't like it, because there is already another languages and Most of the staff knows that's Turkish languages if they will add that, They Should add Sweden & Arabic at the first because their many staff members are Arabic & Swedish, The System is good as it right now
Sadly I wouldn't like this, Thanks for the suggestion!

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom