Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add this rule?

• Yes, those people are annoying as heck!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No, I think it should be allowed!

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
While it would be extremely nice for ghosting to not be allowed, it just not realistically possible to stop it. Sure, we could have a punishment for doing it in public chat, but with so many other ways to communicate, it is not really fair to only punish for global chat. I would totally support this if it was possible to moderate it, but since we can’t, I will have to give a -1.

comfyyy

So this case aside as it's obviously said in chat, how would you prove if they're ratting your trap out?
I play solo Skywars with Lez quite a bit, and we never tell each other about traps. Even if we run into them, one or the other can easily see it coming due to abnormal behavior or strange island features. So if Lez is dead and spectating, I find out that something is a trap & then disarm it, will players assume Lez told me about it since we play together? How can they prove it? And what is a mute to them if they use VC?
Don't get me wrong: I hate it when players do this, but there's really not much we can do about it.
I agree. There really isn't a point, as people can easily get around it. If Cube restricts it, it will just motivate players to try to get around it, creating a greater problem. Also, I don't think making the chat filter more restrictive will be a popular idea with the community. There is already enough turmoil following the new chat filter as there is, we don't need to add something to the pile.

Jokazgold

Jan 11, 2016
Australia
Well, it is annoying, yeah, but it's not top priority, times like that, it isn't always a big deal, if the guy blabbers stuff to the guy you're facing, the guy can be distracted, if, if he replies, plus, it's not like the guy can act fast, cuz if you're already in the act, it could already be too late for them, if it's a trap, then if you have a tattletale, you can just ambush the enemy and push them in instead and trap them another way for a small moment so you have time to improvi,,,,,, I talk too much. lol:D

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I can understand your pain , it also annoys me if someone spoils something for me or from me. The only thing that you can do against it is to kindly ask the person to not do this next time you play with him/her. To avoid this you can also turn off chat so that no one can spoil it for you but ye it wouldn't be smart do turn chat off because if someone pms you and has a questions or you wanna say something. But also like @Snodia said making a rule against this will not help anyone stop spoiling things to other persons, they will just contact them via an other platform. Btw some people also like it if their friend send them a pm and spoil everything.

Sangre

Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2016
Players that are alive shouldn't be able to see messages sent by players who've died in the first place. Like, it's not like this will take care of the whole ghosting problem...
DRZH88RV4AA__VQ.jpeg

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
But... :(
I want to say GG..
I need that 1 experience!
Nononononononono.. No...
Then you can't say 'gg', warn people for hackers or teamers.
Or people can't call you a hacker..

Have a short period of time at the end of the game where chat is enabled (5 seconds after one player wins) to say gg.

If you were really worried about a hacker, you'd say so before you died. You don't really need to say "hacker" anyways. I find it annoying. Just record them if you can and move on xD Same with teamers

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Have a short period of time at the end of the game where chat is enabled (5 seconds after one player wins) to say gg.

If you were really worried about a hacker, you'd say so before you died. You don't really need to say "hacker" anyways. I find it annoying. Just record them if you can and move on xD Same with teamers
You forgot something.. What about msg? fmsg? party chat? discord? Skype?
Same with chat filter, blocking stuff will only make it harder, that's it

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Top Bottom