Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2023
Adding ranks can give players the opportunity to verse people at their level which can bring competition, enjoyment, and more.

It would also be great to make a casual option for those who don't want to play competitive matches

you can add ranks such as
Wood, Stone, Iron (or Gold), Diamond. Emerald, Netherite, and Cubecraft Champion.

In order to move up each rank you must win 5 matches

Let me know if you think this is a great idea!

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a cool concept!
There is already some skill-based matchmaking used (I believe), but based on input device (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). For me, I play for fun more than tryharding, however, I love the idea of having optional universal ranks! It would definitely give some players an incentive to play more, as there is something concrete to work towards.

Is there a reason you suggested those 3 duels in particular?

My main worry with this idea is that I imagine it could potentially increase the queue/wait time between games. Also, I see Cube as a more casual, friendly atmosphere in general, so (at least in my opinion) implementing this concept could possibly change that.

Finally, 5 is probably too few matches imo. This would be rather easy for some players and would take too long at all. However, the exact details aren't too important. I like the idea in general, but because of reason stated above I'm going with unsure for now 🫶

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree with adding it to eggwars and skywars; that would make stream sniping a streamer with a level above yours impossible unless you are in a party. Both of those gamemodes are already fine as they are, and a leveling system would seem unnecessary. Although adding it to Bridge duels would seem like a fun idea, the bridge duels community is very small and doesn't seem like something that needs to be added.

Jan 13, 2023
This is a cool concept!
There is already some skill-based matchmaking used (I believe), but based on input device (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). For me, I play for fun more than tryharding, however, I love the idea of having optional universal ranks! It would definitely give some players an incentive to play more, as there is something concrete to work towards.

Is there a reason you suggested those 3 duels in particular?

My main worry with this idea is that I imagine it could potentially increase the queue/wait time between games. Also, I see Cube as a more casual, friendly atmosphere in general, so (at least in my opinion) implementing this concept could possibly change that.

Finally, 5 is probably too few matches imo. This would be rather easy for some players and would take too long at all. However, the exact details aren't too important. I like the idea in general, but because of reason stated above I'm going with unsure for now 🫶
Thank you for responding! And I think you meant "I play for fun more than being competitive". I think those 3 duels are worth putting ranks in because sometimes I see players that try their best in those 3 games and I think making a separate game mode for competitive matches will work. If you don't like the idea of having those 3 duels in particular you can always change them :)

Now I do think that having a separate game mode (Competitive Parkour for example) can lower queue time and wait time. If you don't like it or are still unsure of the idea please let me know and ill give you more suggestions later on :)

Jan 13, 2023
I disagree with adding it to eggwars and skywars; that would make stream sniping a streamer with a level above yours impossible unless you are in a party. Both of those gamemodes are already fine as they are, and a leveling system would seem unnecessary. Although adding it to Bridge duels would seem like a fun idea, the bridge duels community is very small and doesn't seem like something that needs to be added.
After looking at your reply I agree with you, I think it would be better if it was in Bridge Duels

small bob 294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Adding ranks can give players the opportunity to verse people at their level which can bring competition, enjoyment, and more.

It would also be great to make a casual option for those who don't want to play competitive matches

you can add ranks such as
Wood, Stone, Iron (or Gold), Diamond. Emerald, Netherite, and Cubecraft Champion.

In order to move up each rank you must win 5 matches

Let me know if you think this is a great idea!
I like the idea, but I feel like the system could be changed. Maybe an idea like a trophy system similar to popular games such as Clash Royale. I do really like the idea of having a choice. I do think it would be good if games didn’t match people who don’t know how to sprint, and complete auto clicking / double clicking pc sweats (have seen both in the same game). It would help players avoid being matched up way above or below their level, so everything can be fought on equal grounds. I really do miss the days when it was all about using my brain to outsmart and outnumber teammates before fighting them, but now half of the people I fight don’t even fight back because they get comboed so hard into the void, just because I have gotten better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom