Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sietzziee

Novice Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hey CubeCrafters!

Today, I saw a player suggesting in chat to add an award for Man of the Match, for the person who has the most egg breaks, kills, and more. And I definitely agreed! Sometimes, when I have 7 kills in Skywars or 3 egg breaks in Eggwars, I feel like I deserve the award for Man of the Match, as an accomplishment.

And as a reward, you'll get some extra points or XP. Even if you don't actually win the game you're playing in, you can still get the award for having more kills than the others as an example.

What do you think? I think it's a cool idea actually! I'm curious for your comments!

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Not a bad suggestion! Just a few follow-up questions.

- What variables would MOTM be decided off of?
- What games would this apply to? SW, EW and LI? Any others or meh?
- How would MOTM be announced? Just in the chat at the end of a game or?

Reactions: Reesle

Sietzziee

Novice Member
Oct 12, 2019

Thanks for the questions!
- Kills, assists, egg breaks (eggwars), kill/deaths (eggwars), eliminations (eggwars), maybe bow accuracy?
- Skywars and Eggwars sound really good, maybe Lucky Islands too! But FFA and Parkour is not that smart to do.
- I think at the end of the game, in chat, beside the game stats, that would be great right?

Last edited:

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree with the suggestion! Being the top player in the match and being rewarded for it by having your name shown in the chat at the end of the match would be a satisfying thing.

Realistically I think how it will work is that for the PvP games, it will mostly be top killers (in the case of EggWars, it would be based off eliminations to prevent kill farming to get it). It would work the same way MinerWare does by showing the top 3 players in the lobby in the chat with the stats at the end of the game and BlockWars already shows the top players in both teams.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hey CubeCrafters!

Today, I saw a player suggesting in chat to add an award for Man of the Match, for the person who has the most egg breaks, kills, and more. And I definitely agreed! Sometimes, when I have 7 kills in Skywars or 3 egg breaks in Eggwars, I feel like I deserve the award for Man of the Match, as an accomplishment.

And as a reward, you'll get some extra points or XP. Even if you don't actually win the game you're playing in, you can still get the award for having more kills than the others as an example.

What do you think? I think it's a cool idea actually! I'm curious for your comments!
I honestly love this and think it would be awesome if Cubecraft were to implement this!
They could even add it to game statistics in profiles how many “man of the match” awards a person won.

Reactions: Sietzziee

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
Agree! It would be also nice to see the amount of MOTM in player statisticks too. And this will greatly work in matches when there's only one player and camper left, player gets killed by camper and loose the match. If this player would be MOTM he would eventually get more xp then the camper with no kills, assists and etc.

Also I found maybe interesting idea to your suggestion: Could be rewards for Man of the match related to amount of player's kills, deaths, etc.? There'll still be only one player who could become MOTM but depending on how good he would be, the bonus will vary. Ex. MOTM who gets in match (lets say it would be skywars duos) 8 kills and 4 assists will get more xp than MOTH who in the same type of match gets 4 kills and 2 assists.
This is just small idea but I still find it worth considering, so agree, disagree, let me know your opinion!

Sietzziee

Novice Member
Oct 12, 2019
I agree with the suggestion! Being the top player in the match and being rewarded for it by having your name shown in the chat at the end of the match would be a satisfying thing.

Realistically I think how it will work is that for the PvP games, it will mostly be top killers (in the case of EggWars, it would be based off eliminations to prevent kill farming to get it). It would work the same way MinerWare does by showing the top 3 players in the lobby in the chat with the stats at the end of the game and BlockWars already shows the top players in both teams.
I think it could work for Minerware as well, yes!
I honestly love this and think it would be awesome if Cubecraft were to implement this!
They could even add it to game statistics in profiles how many “man of the match” awards a person won.
That would be cool for your game stats for each game!
Agree! It would be also nice to see the amount of MOTM in player statisticks too. And this will greatly work in matches when there's only one player and camper left, player gets killed by camper and loose the match. If this player would be MOTM he would eventually get more xp then the camper with no kills, assists and etc.

Also I found maybe interesting idea to your suggestion: Could be rewards for Man of the match related to amount of player's kills, deaths, etc.? There'll still be only one player who could become MOTM but depending on how good he would be, the bonus will vary. Ex. MOTM who gets in match (lets say it would be skywars duos) 8 kills and 4 assists will get more xp than MOTH who in the same type of match gets 4 kills and 2 assists.
This is just small idea but I still find it worth considering, so agree, disagree, let me know your opinion!
Good suggestion! As an example, you could win a Solo Skywars game by getting 2 kills, but also by getting 7 kills. The amount of points/exp should be depending on how well you did in a game.

• Agree
Reactions: dvodany and Reesle

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Hey CubeCrafters!

idk abt the man of the match, but getting xp for every egg break and final kill you get is a good idea. +5 exp for egg break and +2 for every final kill seems like a balanced option. Also no exp for normal kills as that is easily farmable

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Thanks for the questions!
- Kills, assists, egg breaks (eggwars), kill/deaths (eggwars), eliminations (eggwars), maybe bow accuracy?
- Skywars and Eggwars sound really good, maybe Lucky Islands too! But FFA and Parkour is not that smart to do.
- I think at the end of the game, in chat, beside the game stats, that would be great right?
Additional ideas
- Blocks travelled
- Most damage dealt
- Projectiles accuracy (To cover eggs/snowballs)
- SkyWars -> Unique chest opened
- EggWars -> Tokens spent

Andygamer024

Jun 21, 2021
Hey CubeCrafters!

If this gave extra exp I would be happy. It give an reason to go and kill people instead of camping all game.

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Additional ideas
- Blocks travelled
- Most damage dealt
- Projectiles accuracy (To cover eggs/snowballs)
- SkyWars -> Unique chest opened
- EggWars -> Tokens spent
that would make the match summary too long
the current one is plenty long already. If u add all these useless statistics, it's just going to crowd up the HUD and make it annoying to read chat history

Reactions: Reesle

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
It's labeled by a prefix tho. You can just skip over stuff and read the stuff titled (Party chat)
yes, you can skip over, but in the end of the day, more information isn't always good. What really is the point of knowing blocks travelled? I sure hope steve isn't trying to calculate his calories 😂. Most of those times, these statistics will be a 'cool' feature, which you might use once in your lifetime and then ignore it. To determine how long/sweaty a game is, we do have the time played, k/d ratio, number of kills and deaths, egg breaks and final eliminations. Tokens spent is hardly a unit of measurement for how good the game was. Most damage dealt makes sense kinda, but you could easily farm kills, making it basically the same as the kill counter(unless you have really annoying teammates who steal every one of your kills). So in the end, sweats mostly won't care abt it, and newer players get overwhelmed with the amount of information they are bombarded with on the end of each match, not particularly benefitting anyone.

Yes I know these suggestions might have been only for increasing xp earned in each game, but it seems like a lot of useless calculations. Maybe for every 5 minutes a game is played you get 10 exp could be a good idea. It's less so that it doesn't encourage camping (250>>10).

• Haha
Reactions: pekd

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
yes, you can skip over, but in the end of the day, more information isn't always good. What really is the point of knowing blocks travelled? I sure hope steve isn't trying to calculate his calories 😂. Most of those times, these statistics will be a 'cool' feature, which you might use once in your lifetime and then ignore it. To determine how long/sweaty a game is, we do have the time played, k/d ratio, number of kills and deaths, egg breaks and final eliminations. Tokens spent is hardly a unit of measurement for how good the game was. Most damage dealt makes sense kinda, but you could easily farm kills, making it basically the same as the kill counter(unless you have really annoying teammates who steal every one of your kills). So in the end, sweats mostly won't care abt it, and newer players get overwhelmed with the amount of information they are bombarded with on the end of each match, not particularly benefitting anyone.
It would make the cubecraft book of world records much easier especially considering their a world record for that. And considering we could now easily measure it would bring more competition for said community. All info is pretty self explanatory so new players won't even be confused and would probably encourage them as they wouldn't need to do good at pvp to get a good score (for example the token spent rewards the people who stay around and farm the resource to share with the rest of the team. It also rewards people buying blocks for their defense)

Maybe cube should add a feature or a command to turn it on or off tho. That way everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom