solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
i shall say no more.

- express sympathy
- express gratitude
- more ways to use hearts etc

agrees: +24
one more thing, this is inspired by the mental health thread in community resources and i was wondering if there was any way you could show sympathy to people and their misfortunes and how they have felt so i would love to see a heart reaction added in ❤️❤️

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, for me this suggestion seems very unnecessary since there is currently the 'Love' reaction, which is practically the same as a simple heart.
Also I'm in favor of adding new useful reactions as 'Doubt' or 'Sunglasses' but not similar to the existing ones.

I can understand people like this but I don't think it's a good idea, it's quite unnecessary.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
To be honest, for me this suggestion seems very unnecessary since there is currently the 'Love' reaction, which is practically the same as a simple heart.
Also I'm in favor of adding new useful reactions as 'Doubt' or 'Sunglasses' but not similar to the existing ones.

I can understand people like this but I don't think it's a good idea, it's quite unnecessary.
i think heart should be for a separate meaning from heart eyes, basically heart has other meanings of sympathy/empathy/gratitude wherease heart eyes is used to express joy and adoring something

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hello! Thanks for the suggestion.

I do agree that heart eyes and heart both have a different implication, however I still think there are too many emojis. I have implemented the heart emoji however I am going to closely monitor emote usage on the forums over the next month.

One of three things will happen:
  • Heart reaction will be removed.
  • Heart eyes reaction will be removed in favour of heart.
  • Nothing will be removed.
This largely depends on whether heart is used more than heart eyes and heart eyes becomes obsolete.

Thanks again, implemented and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom