Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want flint and steel to be added?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Tech1e

Novice Member
Dec 29, 2019
Somewhere safe
Hi. recently I've come across TNT in SW OP mode and realized there isn't much use to TNT in game.I listed below it's utilities in game.

Good:
Blows up. Great for dealing with campers.

Bad:
Appears only in Overpowered Chest Items/Chaos Mode
Spawns during late game at mid only (I'm pretty sure) Most games are done before TNT even spawns
Can only be ignited using redstone materials (Pressure plate/Button)
Basically useless on head to head combat

As listed TNT isn't really useful.
My solution is to add Flint and Steel to Sky Wars. Maybe with the same rarity as the Golden fire aspect sword in Normal mode. It would raise the use of TNT mostly on head to head combat. Flint and steel could also take care of skybasers using wood.
The only problem with Flint and Steel I can think of is the lag produced because of all the particle effects. Which is why I mentioned a higher rarity in chests.

This isn't a fully thought out idea so If there are things that I forgot to add or didn't take into considerations please tell me down in the comments.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there and welcome to the CubeCraft Forums,
I totally agree with this, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be an item. But I think it should only be in the overpowered chest items because we don’t want so heaps of items in every chest item category. Flint and Steel may also be useful for combat, placing it down in front of someone.
I personally don’t use TNT at all, because they take a very long time to explode, and the player can usually see or hear the TNT igniting, so they run away. It also doesn’t do a lot of damage anyway, for a player with diamond armor.
Anyways, it could be useful for some people, so +1 from me.
Thanks for your suggestion :).

Last edited:

Tech1e

Novice Member
Dec 29, 2019
Somewhere safe
Hi there and welcome to the forums,
Like MrTommy said, there is a kit you can select of which gives you flint and steel. But I understand that kit items should should be in chests too. Flint and Steel may also be useful for combat, placing it down in front of someone.
I personally don’t use TNT at all, because they take a very long time to explode, and the player can usually see or hear the TNT igniting, so they run away. It also doesn’t do a lot of damage anyway, for a player with diamond armor.
Anyways, it could be useful for some people, so +1 from me.
Thanks for your suggestion :).
There is no flint and steel kit on bedrock edition

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Flint and steel is part of the classic Survival games gamode on old the old servers where many people used to play.
I think it should exsist in every mode, because for me it’s a major part of the gamode itself.

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
There is one thing called "craft yourself pressure plates or buttons".

They're better than flint and steel, since it could be abused to burn players and that would be so annoying. While it's even more useful to use a pressure plate or a button to make TNT jumps, or make hidden traps.

So no, they shouldn't add them imo. And if they do, then I pretend to find Fire Resistance potions or OP Enchanted Golden Apples. I HATE FIRE EFFECT ON MY SCREEN!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

source.gif

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom