Would you like to see this?

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

I stumbled upon an idea today when I was playing Among Slimes. One of the crewmates was muted and he saw someone venting. He called a meeting, but couldn't say anything.
I've seen this happen quite often in Among Slimes, and it is pretty annoying. In Among Slimes the chat is a very big part of the game so without the ability to use the chat it is not really possible to play the game as it should be played. This means that people who are muted can't really play the game now, and unmuting them for just this gamemode would not be a good idea, as they might abuse this. You could say it's their own mistake, it's their fault that they got muted. This is a bit unfair however, for someone breaking the chat rules the mute is their punishment. As the chat is such a big part of the game you kind of disable them from playing this game as well, which goes beyond their punishment in my opinion.
Therefore I came up with the following suggestion:

Add a preset message menu to the emergency meetings!
What does this mean? In the emergency meetings players get a menu with different preset messages. These vary from '[player] vented' or '[player] faked a task' to '[player] is safe'. When choosing one of these presets the message will be sent in chat. It won't be possible to send the message more than twice per minute, this way people can't abuse the feature by spamming the messages.
Another thing that could be added to this system is translations to other languages. I've seen players who only speak Spanish or another language and start explaining where the body is. Their messages will often not be noticed as people don't speak their language. With this system they could choose the message in their own language, after which it will be posted in English. This way everyone will understand what they meant.

With this addition the game will be playable for those who are muted without them being able to abuse it! This will improve the gameplay for everybody, as it is very annoying to play with muted players currently because of this. For regular not-muted players this could also be a nice feature as you won't have to type everything anymore if you don't want to!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I totally agree with this suggestion and think this would solve the problem almost perfect for muted players who can't communicate while playing the game, without having an option to bypass their mute. If this gets implemented I think it could be really nice to have preset messages which tells where the body was found as well, for example: '[Body/colour] in tnt'. (with all locations on the map).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Maaarijn

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
yes please! im pretty sure calling a meeting without saying a word is actually against the rules, just imagine how much confusion this is causing. the only issue is being barely able defend yourself in details when people sus you, so i'd say adding stuff like "i was at [location]" "i was with [color] " "[color], why did you not report the body?"... would help a lot for sure. it doesnt have to be a lot of things, just basic things you'd say.
for example; lets say yellow died.

the body was in tnt.
(muted player) i was in tnt.
(muted player) i was with green.
(muted player) i was wtih purple.
i can vouch for both blue and purple, there was no body and red entered with yellow after we left. kinda sus.
(muted player) i think red is sus.
red was an imposter.

its not the easiest way of communicating, but it sure would make the game more playable and fair for muted players! however, i think there should be a few seconds cooldown on it so people wont spam the chat. of course there will be people spamming the same message, but this could be seen as either spamming or trolling and by that reportable :)

when it comes to language, i think this would help a lot for sure! +1 from me :D

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a thing against this. I wouldn’t really enjoy scripted games, not a bad suggestion though!
Scripted games will not be the games with the most fun, but it will always be more fun than games where someone can't even say when they saw someone vent or report a body without telling where the body even was, right? Without these scripted messages muted players can't even participate with the game since they can't accuse someone/participate in discussions which is imo way worse than scripted messages.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It sounds like quite a bit of work for a feature that will only benefit a small portion of the player base. After all, these players you're referring to broke server chat rules and being unable to properly play Among Slimes is just one of the consequences. Want to have a pleasant experience on the network? Don't break rules then.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
It sounds like quite a bit of work for a feature that will only benefit a small portion of the player base. After all, these players you're referring to broke server chat rules and being unable to properly play Among Slimes is just one of the consequences. Want to have a pleasant experience on the network? Don't break rules then.
True, but as I said the punishment they get is to not be able to use the chat. Not to not be able to play games.
Upon that they kind of ruin the game for other players as well as it is super annoying if players call a meeting without saying anything. Especially if they actually wanted to share useful information.

I understand that it might be a bit too much work for such a feature, but it's definitely a great feature to have in my opinion.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I have a thing against this. I wouldn’t really enjoy scripted games, not a bad suggestion though!
I understand your concern, but that won't be the case at all. The messages will be very short and not too specific. So players that are not muted will probably just type it themself as it is just faster and better, and you can add more info to your message if you type it yourself. It will just be very useful in case someone is muted or not good at English.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Honestly “don’t break rules” is a really simple put. I mean developers are here to work, they get payed for it. This won’t cause any harm to anyone, it’d just improve a bit the experience of some people, which is great.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
while i agree its their own fault they got muted, its still a huge pain for people who didnt break any rules and cant play normal because of those people and its against the rules to not talk when calling an emergency.
rule 1.11
-Pressing the emergency button to troll. Be it by sending random and nonsense messages or by not saying anything at all.
might as well ban them from the gamemode if they cant even play

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Honestly “don’t break rules” is a really simple put. I mean developers are here to work, they get payed for it. This won’t cause any harm to anyone, it’d just improve a bit the experience of some people, which is great.
It's not that it would cause harm, it's that it would cost both money and time for a gamemode that is (unfortunately) not popular at all.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
It's not that it would cause harm, it's that it would cost both money and time for a gamemode that is (unfortunately) not popular at all.
one of the reasons why it isnt popular is trolling tho, or should i say "trolling" in case someone is muted and tries to play anyways. there's no such thing as a game without someone saying "im the imposter, vote me!" or anything like that

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I agree with your first suggestion, but that second suggestion is way too much work. The devs have to make a full google translate to make it work then!

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Just like in minerware you can't answer the maths questions and I think it makes it more frustrating for the muted person, and they won't break rules again so I dont think muted people should get the option

Reactions: Technosword

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
Just like in minerware you can't answer the maths questions and I think it makes it more frustrating for the muted person, and they won't break rules again so I dont think muted people should get the option
But that makes no sence at all. In Minerware the fact that you can't make that one microgame only badly effects yourself, while in Among Slimes it effects the entire team. I've had several games already where the crewmates lost because the guy who saw the killer was muted so he couldn't share this with the others. That was the point of the suggestion.

Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom