• No

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I saw a few suggestions recently asking to add multipliers for games like BlockWars, Among Slimes or featured games. This would not be a good idea because it will be hard to define a fair price, as every gamemode is different and has a different popularity. Upon that, for games like Among Slimes we are not completely sure if the game will still be around in a few months/years. Selling a product for a gamemode which might not excist anymore in short term is not a good idea either and will cause trouble with refunding and such things.

However, I feel like it would be nice to have double points in other gamemodes as well. That gave me the following idea:
Add a global network multiplier!

This multiplier will boost points for every gamemode on the network, for the duration of 1 hour.
When thanking someone for this multiplier they recieve 125 points and 750 experience. The player thanking them will recieve 350 experience for being nice!
The price of this multiplier could be something like 45 - 55GBP.

This sounds like a lot and you might be thinking: "Nobody will buy this!" However, several people activate multipliers for all gamemodes quite often lately, which costs a total of 52GBP without sale. I think the price of 45GBP will be very reasonable, maybe it could be 50, but I think it would be nice to give this kind of discount for buying 'more at once' (one global multiplier equals buying a multiplier for every gamemode and more).

I think it would be really nice to have the possibility to buy multipliers for gamemodes which don't offer one currently. This seems like a nice solution, and I think a lot of players will be tempted to buy one!

Let me know what you think about it!

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It sure does sound like one of those things that there's no harm in adding. But let's be real: no one purchases multipliers for the sake of boosting points.... Lol...

Why would someone spend so much extra money on an all-round multiplier for the same amount of EXP and points if they could get 5 times more for the same sum of money?

Reactions: Pineapple

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
It sure does sound like one of those things that there's no harm in adding. But let's be real: no one purchases multipliers for the sake of boosting points.... Lol...

Why would someone spend so much extra money on an all-round multiplier for the same amount of EXP and points if they could get 5 times more for the same sum of money?
I think you didn't read this part:
This multiplier will boost points for every gamemode on the network, for the duration of 1 hour.
When thanking someone for this multiplier they recieve 125 points and 750 experience. The player thanking them will recieve 350 experience for being nice!
You spend less money on it than activating all gamemodes at once currently, plus you recieve little more exp. I kept it reasonable and not excessive amounts of exp so it would still make sence to add this. If it would be better to give even more experience that is of course no problem. Would be kind of rigged in my opinion to recieve 1000 exp per person who thanks you.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think you didn't read this part:

You spend less money on it than activating all gamemodes at once currently, plus you recieve little more exp. I kept it reasonable and not excessive amounts of exp so it would still make sence to add this. If it would be better to give even more experience that is of course no problem. Would be kind of rigged in my opinion to recieve 1000 exp per person who thanks you.
The numbers you gave are definitely not reasonable. 750 EXP for the activator for every thank-you they receive is way too high. Regardless, this all-round multiplier will prevent anyone from using other multipliers if it's active. Still a no from me.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
The numbers you gave are definitely not reasonable. 750 EXP for the activator for every thank-you they receive is way too high. Regardless, this all-round multiplier will prevent anyone from using other multipliers if it's active. Still a no from me.
But activating all gamemodes at once now will reward you 600 EXP per thank-you. It needs to be worth to buy it. But I understand your point.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

LightsOff_

Novice Member
Sep 6, 2020
Antartica
I think this is a good idea but it might be dificult for the people who buy it. Because they would have to wait untill there are no multipliers active on every game. They won't be able to activate it when they want and even have to wait a long time. Since most people activate when there are a lot of people playing this might not work out for the people who buy this.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
But activating all gamemodes at once now will reward you 600 EXP per thank-you. It needs to be worth to buy it. But I understand your point.
This is actually incorrect, activating 6 multipliers results in more /thanks per multi than a single one on its own. I don't know any exact numbers but SpaceDev might be able to provide any statistics to have any real data that can prove stuff (he has enough multies for a statistical analysis)

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
This is actually incorrect, activating 6 multipliers results in more /thanks per multi than a single one on its own. I don't know any exact numbers but SpaceDev might be able to provide any statistics to have any real data that can prove stuff (he has enough multies for a statistical analysis)
True, I didn't think of that to be honest. It was more about the idea tho, the numbers should not be definitive

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I saw a few suggestions recently asking to add multipliers for games like BlockWars, Among Slimes or featured games. This would not be a good idea because it will be hard to define a fair price, as every gamemode is different and has a different popularity. Upon that, for games like Among Slimes we are not completely sure if the game will still be around in a few months/years. Selling a product for a gamemode which might not excist anymore in short term is not a good idea either and will cause trouble with refunding and such things.

However, I feel like it would be nice to have double points in other gamemodes as well. That gave me the following idea:
Add a global network multiplier!

This sounds like a lot and you might be thinking: "Nobody will buy this!" However, several people activate multipliers for all gamemodes quite often lately, which costs a total of 52GBP without sale. I think the price of 45GBP will be very reasonable, maybe it could be 50, but I think it would be nice to give this kind of discount for buying 'more at once' (one global multiplier equals buying a multiplier for every gamemode and more).

I think it would be really nice to have the possibility to buy multipliers for gamemodes which don't offer one currently. This seems like a nice solution, and I think a lot of players will be tempted to buy one!

Let me know what you think about it!
It seems very expensive but it could be a possibility.

The only thing I would be against implementing is the 125 points per person. If 10 people thanked you, that would be 1250 points, and if 100 people thanked you, keeping in mind this is only a fraction of the amount of people online at one time (5000 concurrent in java, on peak hours), you would get 12500 points, which is a huge amount in of itself. But if we keep going and say 1/5 of the people thank you, you would get 125000 points, which is a ridiculous amount of points that you should not be able to get. Keep in mind that although it does cost a lot, its a network booster not a point generator.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
It seems very expensive but it could be a possibility.

The only thing I would be against implementing is the 125 points per person. If 10 people thanked you, that would be 1250 points, and if 100 people thanked you, keeping in mind this is only a fraction of the amount of people online at one time (5000 concurrent in java, on peak hours), you would get 12500 points, which is a huge amount in of itself. But if we keep going and say 1/5 of the people thank you, you would get 125000 points, which is a ridiculous amount of points that you should not be able to get. Keep in mind that although it does cost a lot, its a network booster not a point generator.
I litteraly counted the amount of points you would get now by activating all games multipliers at once and added a small extra amount to it. Yes, it is an insane amount, but 45 pounds i a lot of money for ingame points and experience. It is just worth the pricr this way and a good value in my opinion. But as I said earlier, the numbers are just there as an indication, it could obviously be changed may this ever be implemented.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Top Bottom