Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this get added?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Add it but a bit modified, as @SanCookie proposed (read below in the comments section).

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

To make this clear, I'm not meaning about mute someone in /fmsg.

What I'm meaning then?

- I'm proposing about add a new command like this "/f mute <friend>" and, if isn't for fmsg, for what then?

Join messages.

There's sometimes in which you have a friend that is constantly joining/leaving to the server, probably not for trolling, but is so annoying, perhaps they're restarting minecraft because they game go bad for them...

Then, how would work this command?

The command would have a timer system in which you could choose the time for not see your friend leave/join messages.

So, this would be the full command: /friend or /f <friend> <time(With a maximum of 24hours)>

==> Use the command like this: /friend mute player 1d/24h/7h/15m/12s

Why there's a time limit?

- To be honest I don't see necessary to mute a friend for more than 1 day.

Why do you would mute a friend only for a few seconds?

- Well, we have to put ourselves on each stage, perhaps you have a friend which is having issues for join to a few seconds so isn't necessary to mute him for minutes/hours or even a whole day.

So, every interval time is welcome.

If you've muted someone and you want to undo it, what can you do?

- /f unmute <player> This would be useful to everyone who can make a mistake.

What if you've muted someone and you don't remember?

- Don't worry, when when you mute someone, you'll receive a message saying the name of the person as well as the time.

And, besides that, every time in which you switch from lobby, you'll have a message like this:

"Click HERE to see friend mutes you've done today."

If you click:

Friend mute list (Date):

You've muted 3 friends of a total of 50:

Player1 - UNDONE
Player2 - UNDONE
Player3 - UNDONE

Click HERE to undone all friend mutes.

Important note: If you leave from the server, the mutes will he automatically undone.

Why this!? ^^

This is to avoid issues like: "Ey staff, why I don't see the join messages
!?"

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Sounds too complex. I think its hard to enable/disable mutes etc..

Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, this sounds like a way to complex system to just enable/disable friend-join messages.
I'd rather have an option in the settings to enable/disable friend-join messages instead of having to do all this.

I do support the idea of adding something like this, I've got leave messages disabled as well and my chat has been so much cleaner.

There’s already a /Ignore command. So I don’t think this would be usefull!
Time to read the suggestion again

D

Deleted member 469419

There’s already a /Ignore command. So I don’t think this would be usefull!
The ignore command does not work for this that I am proposing.
The ignore command just ignore completely to the player, so you can't see their messages and nothing.

Please, just read it again as @SanCookie said.

D

Deleted member 469419

To be honest, this sounds like a way to complex system to just enable/disable friend-join messages.
I'd rather have an option in the settings to enable/disable friend-join messages instead of having to do all this.

I do support the idea of adding something like this, I've got leave messages disabled as well and my chat has been so much cleaner.

Yeah I thought on it too, perhaps you're right and it would be more comfortable. The problem I see on this is that you'd "mute" to all players, so you couldn't see any of their join messages.

If you want I can add an option on the poll basically proposing your idea, and see player's opinions.
As I said, your idea is good too.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd rather have it as what Sancookie proposed, less complex but still doing the job. The only downside might be that you might want to know of a few friends that they join. But you can easily download a mod that can filter chat messages, so I'll still be voting for Sancookie's idea!

D

Deleted member 469419

Already knew, I’ve read it wrong. I’m just a human and humans aren’t perfect.

Also, absolutely no need to let me know that twice.
-YeaUhm

You did to understand with your second quote the opposite.

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
I don't see wai you would want to add this. I've got some friends that constantly join and leave and it doesn't really bother me. But if some people get really bothered by this I think the system that sancookie proposes is the better one.

D

Deleted member 469419

I had already changed it after StorySays's comment. then you went to report it 2 more times, which was of course unnecessary. please take a closer look next time before improving someone again, thanks
-YeaUhm

1) StorySays hasn't commented anything. (I understand it's mistake and you're meaning SanCookie)
2) I've "repeated" it because you made a quote without any comment which I understood you were reiterating that you were right, that's why I commented.
3) Yes, I understand that we're humans, myself for example has made a lot of mistakes, so, let's just leave it.

Rockfps.

Oct 12, 2016
www.youtube.com
I don't think this is necessary, as @SanCookie said before, there should be an option in the settings to enable/disable friend-join messages. This would make this easier to program and also people who is not used to write commands would be able to do it too. Anyways, good job!

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the idea of this but I think it’s too complex as many users already have mentioned. Great idea though! :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom