Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add a dislike rating?

• Total voters

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Mmh, I'm half and half on this idea, I can see where some people are coming from when they disagree with this idea. Take this poll you set up for an example. It's a simple way to probe everyone's opinion. Currently you have the poll set to 2 options.

1. Yes.
2. No (please state why you would vote this in a reply)

And as of now, there is one vote for the second option. Yet there is no counter argument being made. This is something I think a lot of people may find annoying. Especially if the OP wants actual criticism instead of mindless "disagree" or "bad idea". Constructive criticism is always better than nothing. So I think the whole idea of a dislike button is kinda counter intuitive. There are cases where certain suggestions have been re-posted countless times to the point that most of us probably won't even bother checking it out. (/report for me). However when we do, if we disagree with it, I think most people rather just vote if there's a poll. If not, some of us may just like another person's comment if we agree with their point being made against the suggestion.

Then again, having a dislike button is not too bad of an idea. It's like the like button, but has a more negative connotation to it.

What I think is most important is, most of the user here have an opinion, but they usually don't express it directly. They rather take a round-a-bout way to settle this. I do this, too. It's just for convenience. Even if it's not particularly helpful for people looking for responses (just like the like button, but hey at least I can get trophy points for having a better m/l ration amirite =D)

Reactions: Lilleh__

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
No thanks.

Any kind of criticisms, how well explained and fair it is, will get bombard by the "OMG, DON'T BE SO UNGRATEFUL. CUBE IS AMAZING" group. I don't see the value it will add. And of course you can have people that will go downvote everything from one person.

Reactions: remio and Miauw

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 its a quick way to say you disagree with a suggestion but there should be a rule to stop kids disliking every post by users they don't like.
"OMG, DON'T BE SO UNGRATEFUL. CUBE IS AMAZING"
Those are fanboys who can't take ppl saying something that's not praise about the server. Tbh they should just be laughed at for being butthurt over an opinion.
I think we have enough toxicity here, let's not.
Pretty sure there's a difference between negativity and toxicity.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
No thanks.

Any kind of criticisms, how well explained and fair it is, will get bombard by the "OMG, DON'T BE SO UNGRATEFUL. CUBE IS AMAZING" group. I don't see the value it will add. And of course you can have people that will go downvote everything from one person.
I mean, the CubeHuggers are practically a non-factor, pretty sure server huggers are everywhere you go.

Also, don't we have poll system already? What's the point of having something redundant?

Plus, it's a lot nicer to actually see another argument, rather than seeing one random dislike button. (plus there are trolls)

Reactions: Jevmen

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
You know there's another forum for another Minecraft server, and it has both a dislike and a disagree rating? They actually make the forums more alive and kind of convenient. And the ratings don't seem to cause as much trouble as you seem to think they would. It's not the end of the world if something gets bombarded with dislikes, you kind of just move on.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
NO, PLS
the chaos awardbecause you can see the people ho dislik u and this is chaotic, REVENGES everywere

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Maybe with a certain high number of trophy points, people can use the dislike rating.

Reason I say trophy points instead of messages is that trophy points are more balanced rather than someone just spammjng messages and post farming.
Maybe you need 300/400 trophy points to be able to dislike a message? I'd love to unlock things with trophy points!

Reactions: Fliqa

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I get why people want it for suggestions but I'd much rather have a system where every single thread in suggestions gets an automatic poll added to it with choices between Yes, No or Maybe. Automatic because people always put obnoxious replies when they make it themselves such as:
YeS! PERFECT IDEA
Not a good idea because I'm stupid and have brain damage.

Why can't you just write yes and no?

Anyways, I like the reasons for it being added, but a dislike rating/button is the incorrect way to flourish these ideas.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I get why people want it for suggestions but I'd much rather have a system where every single thread in suggestions gets an automatic poll added to it with choices between Yes, No or Maybe. Automatic because people always put obnoxious replies when they make it themselves such as:
YeS! PERFECT IDEA
Not a good idea because I'm stupid and have brain damage.

Why can't you just write yes and no?

Anyways, I like the reasons for it being added, but a dislike rating/button is the incorrect way to flourish these ideas.
What if you want to dislike a post that isn't a thread? Normal posts don't have polls.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Is very innecesary.
NO NONONO NO NO

is simple

IF YOU LIKE, YOU GIVE A LIKE
IF YOU DONT LIKE YOU, DONT GIVE A LIKE

Why you want to dislike peple?
Is only for won enemys or sonething?
Explain why yiu want this :v

If this was relased i will dislike you all time :p

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
No more toxicity. Anyone can be toxic enough, no need to go the extra mile.
Read this:
You know there's another forum for another Minecraft server, and it has both a dislike and a disagree rating? They actually make the forums more alive and kind of convenient. And the ratings don't seem to cause as much trouble as you seem to think they would. It's not the end of the world if something gets bombarded with dislikes, you kind of just move on.

Then you explain why you don't agree. And if someone else's posted the thing you dislike about the thread, you just like their post.
Sometimes you don't have to explain why you disagree with something, and if the dislike rating was added it could display a more overall idea on how many people agree/disagree with something someone said. It just makes everything more convenient.
IF YOU LIKE, YOU GIVE A LIKE
IF YOU DONT LIKE YOU, DONT GIVE A LIKE
You know what's even more simple?
IF YOU LIKE, YOU LIKE
IF YOU DISLIKE, YOU DISLIKE.
Why you want to dislike peple?
Is only for won enemys or sonething?
Explain why yiu want this :v
I want this rating to exist for convenience and so that you can get an overall idea on how many people disagree/agree with specific statements.
If this was relased i will dislike you all time :p
Go for it
Tongue_Out_Emoji.png

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Sometimes you don't have to explain why you disagree with something, and if the dislike rating was added it could display a more overall idea on how many people agree/disagree with something someone said. It just makes everything more convenient.
Explaining why you don't agree helps the creator of the thread. +As Jevmen said, this could easily be abused by users who want to take a so-called 'revenge'.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom