• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey, I have noticed something on the server. If you turn on another language like Dutch, almost nothing gets translated.
Even the block you have to select to get Dutch text instead of English text is not translated (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
2018-09-11_16.00.26.png

And, there are some problems: Buuuddy once replied this on a thread from 2016:
When looking at recent update threads, you can see that the gamemode in question 'now has language support', meaning that they are still working on translating the whole network. :)
How is it possible that 2 years have passed and still nothing has changed?

The translations mainly affect in-game texts. Sentences like "X was killed by Y" would change to "X werd gedood door Y".
2018-09-11_16.06.25.png

..??
(I'm not here to criticize you Buuuddy, but these quotes were just useful to post on my thread. Sorry!)

iLoveYouu replied this on a thread made by Scottness:
Sadly we're currently quite busy with a lot of awesome upcoming projects for you guys, but I totally agree with you that we should get more things translated. I already discussed this with a member of the management not too long ago, so I'm sure we'll translate as many things for you guys when we are able to!
I understand that you guys are busy doing other stuff, like helping players in #staff-help, banning cheaters on the network and some other things, but I think that a well translated server is a great step to make this server great for everyone who joins. Also: I don't think that every staff member is busy with a lot of upcoming projects. There could be a few staff members who at least can make a start with the translations, right?

In another thread, Sailor Rabbit replied this:
I am pretty sure that we can make player-to-developer hour-sessions, so that players whom speak other languages can translate it.
This is a pretty good idea to gather information fastly. Maybe this is a way to get things translated! You could even ask me or other Dutch members that are willing to translate things to Dutch. Anyway, my suggestion is: Please translate things! You are planning to translate games yet for 2 years, but as I said, still nothing has changed. When will this server be translated?

I hope my request will be heard. Thanks.
~Remi

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
Ik heb mijn game in het Engels staan maar CubeCraft in het Nederlands, als ik Minerware speel en een bepaald item moet hebben is het soms nog al vervelend. Maar het is niet iets wat niet bepaald aan CubeCraft ligt. Maar het is waar, er word niet veel translated.

Reactions: remio

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I thought you weren't new here?

Not an excuse for it to take 2 years lol.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-problems.209389/

I said that more to back up my point of using a site/application in which users can help with translating, not for the fact that they are not working on it (/or at least slowly).

Anyway, they can take all the time they want in my opinion. Would be nice if they did it and possibly let the community do it, but of course they do not owe us a thing.

D

Deleted member 352903

Players have been leaving in huge numbers, yes. Translating some menu is not gonna change it.
But listening to the community and actually adding things you said you were going to add 2 years ago is going to change it :o

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Players have been leaving in huge numbers, yes. Translating some menu is not gonna change it.
Did you even read the thread? We are not gonna translate a simple menu, I'd like to see the whole server translated to the other languages that are being spoken on this network: Dutch and Spanish. Saying that staff are busy doing other things is not an excuse since staff can always ask members to translate things as a volunteer translator.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Did you even read the thread? We are not gonna translate a simple menu, I'd like to see the whole server translated to the other languages that are being spoken on this network: Dutch and Spanish. Saying that staff are busy doing other things is not an excuse since staff can always ask members to translate things as a volunteer translator.

-.-

Some menus*, which is referring to translating the server.

Also, I'm not making any excuses for them and I was the one that commented first about the volunteering.... so, did you read the reactions to your thread?

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
-.-

Some menus*, which is referring to translating the server.

Also, I'm not making any excuses for them and I was the one that commented first about the volunteering.... so, did you read the reactions to your thread?
Yes I did. Menus =/= a server. The counter to the excuse I posted was just in case you or something else wanted to post something about staff not having enough time.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Ivaann's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on _DrStrange_'s profile.
Happy Birthday I hope you have an awesome day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ivaann's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
UncleSpect wrote on _DrStrange_'s profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈🎉
Top Bottom