Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Active Member Title?

• Total voters

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
No, no custom titles. No donator ones either.

I’d only like to see an active member title as an option. To know whether someone’s is active or not. Yes, you could check their last login. But some people have this disallowed.

You can’t select this one yourself, it will be given when you’re active enough (It might also disappear after some time when you’re inactive).

On the one hand it will encourage people to be more active.

On the other hand you’ll know whether someone hasn’t been active for some time and you don’t have to spam their profile.

Simple as it is.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I have been on another Minecraft forums where you could get higher member titles by earning certain amounts of trophy points. This might be a nice idea imo.
I don't like the part that it can get removed when you're inactive for a while, and this won't be the case when you get higher titles with trophy points (or messages or something like that).

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
This would be nice, but, I'd say they could better do what S4nne said, giving the title by point milestones instead of just saying that a certain member is active enough and someone else is not. This could cause confusion among the members.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I'm personally satisfied with the current milestone thing the forum has (just the trophy-points on their own).
This is probably mainly because I don't care about how many messages people sent or how long they've been active.

Yet I do realise that a lot of people somehow care a lot about those stats and would love for the world to see their ammount of trophy points, preferably framed in a nice prefix with flashy colours and big ugly fonts. Adding the Titles or Badges or whatever would probably get a lot of members more active on the forums. I'd have given a fat 'no' to the idea a couple of years back when the forums were booming. But judging by the ammount of current active members, it might be of good use.
Thing is, remember that on forums like these, you want quality over quantity. More active members doesn't necessarily mean that the forums as a whole improve.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Personally I wouldn't mind this, but I also don't think it'd make things better or something. Yes, it'd look cool, and you will be able to see who is really active (as you don't just get that title). So in that way it would be handy for other (staff members). So like I would not mind to have this, as it would actually be kinda (sort of) helpful, but this is not a must have.

D

Deleted member 481668

Personally I wouldn't mind this, but I also don't think it'd make things better or something. Yes, it'd look cool, and you will be able to see who is really active (as you don't just get that title). So in that way it would be handy for other (staff members). So like I would not mind to have this, as it would actually be kinda (sort of) helpful, but this is not a must have.
You are right man, but I think that the people would message farming te get the active rank. You explained it well so, this is my opinion too! :)

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I think rewarding activity and contributions is good but I feel like this would just lead to message farming.. probably a no for now until we have a bigger think about the forums :)
I know this idea doesn’t have priority. However, I didn’t mention anything about a specific amount of needed messages? In fact, as @Sweetenerera mentioned, I didn’t mention a requirement at all, because I forgot about it.

Honestly I’m still not totally certain about the best suitable requirement. At first, I was thinking about some hours activity per week, but that will just lead to people staying passive on the forums.

Messages is a huge no for me, too. It should be quality over quantity.

Maybe It could be based on the amount of threads watched everyday? Sure, you can still watch threads without taking notion, but that would just be a waste of time. It woudn’t result into message farming and you actually showed your activity by watching threads.

The people that do watch the threads and contribute to them will then be regarded as active members.

This title is only meant as a reflection of your activity and shouldn’t be seen as a grind.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom