Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
Hello, I am suggesting that player reports do not get denied for using LabyMod. Why? Because more harm than good comes from it. Recently, I made a report on a player that was blatantly using killaura and my report was denied for using LabyMod. I am going to list the reasons why LabyMod users should not be assumed to be lying in their reports.

LabyMod is unable to "falsify evidence". One might say "But LabyMod is able to nick people, so, therefore, people can nick themselves as another person and swear in chat, and then use it as evidence!" This is not as big of a problem as one might think, there is a fairly easy solution. Just check the chat logs and see who said what. Not that hard is it? Besides, LabyMod tags only work client-side, so custom names don't show up in server logs. Also, staff members aren't supposed to completely take a player's word, so it should be expected of staff to check logs before making conclusions. (at least, they should as a responsible server)
Now, my report that got denied is an interesting one. Mine was a cheater report, not a chat report. One could argue that "You can add a tag to a hacker and name it someone else and get someone false banned!" First up, chat logs can be applied. If it's a combat hacker, see who the supposed hacker killed in console logs. If the name in the video evidence does not add up with the logs, it's fake evidence. Secondly, you can also go to the NameMC website and type in the supposed IGN of the "hacker". If the name does not exist or the skin does not add up, it's most likely (if not, completely) a fake report. One thing you got to keep in mind: LabyMod can nickname but it can't change skins!

So there you have it, I have debunked why LabyMod cannot fake evidence without being caught easily (just takes checking logs and research ;). I hope staff members see this and realize that they don't have to assume people using laby are gonna fake a report without getting caught. It's kinda incompetent that the staff had this policy in the first place, considering the logic was not well thought of or researched.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hello, I am suggesting that player reports do not get denied for using LabyMod. Why? Because more harm than good comes from it. Recently, I made a report on a player that was blatantly using killaura and my report was denied for using LabyMod. I am going to list the reasons why LabyMod users should not be assumed to be lying in their reports.

LabyMod is unable to "falsify evidence". One might say "But LabyMod is able to nick people, so, therefore, people can nick themselves as another person and swear in chat, and then use it as evidence!" This is not as big of a problem as one might think, there is a fairly easy solution. Just check the chat logs and see who said what. Not that hard is it? Besides, LabyMod tags only work client-side, so custom names don't show up in server logs. Also, staff members aren't supposed to completely take a player's word, so it should be expected of staff to check logs before making conclusions. (at least, they should as a responsible server)
Now, my report that got denied is an interesting one. Mine was a cheater report, not a chat report. One could argue that "You can add a tag to a hacker and name it someone else and get someone false banned!" First up, chat logs can be applied. If it's a combat hacker, see who the supposed hacker killed in console logs. If the name in the video evidence does not add up with the logs, it's fake evidence. Secondly, you can also go to the NameMC website and type in the supposed IGN of the "hacker". If the name does not exist or the skin does not add up, it's most likely (if not, completely) a fake report. One thing you got to keep in mind: LabyMod can nickname but it can't change skins!

So there you have it, I have debunked why LabyMod cannot fake evidence without being caught easily (just takes checking logs and research ;). I hope staff members see this and realize that they don't have to assume people using laby are gonna fake a report without getting caught. It's kinda incompetent that the staff had this policy in the first place, considering the logic was not well thought of or researched.
Why should moderators waste so much time checking chat logs...? It’s way too complicated for a single report. Sorry but it’s a no from me, if you wanna be able to report players, just don’t use labymod. Most of its features aren’t even unique to the mod itself.

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
It actually is not that complicated, it's normal report procedure on a lot of servers. All they gotta do is have the player give the time in which a player broke the rule, then moderators go to that time's logs and see if what the person is saying is valid... it's not hard and it's certainly not a waste of time.

Most of its features aren’t even unique to the mod itself.
Excuse me, sir, name another client where you can get a fully customizable, HD cape? Exactly lol. I shouldn't have to drop the client I have got so used to just so that I can stop a cheater from ruining my time on the server.

Labymod is not the only mod out there.
You can use 5zig for example or other mods
5zig is like two years old my good sir, and it lacks so many features that labymod has. I have not found a more useful mod/client ever

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It actually is not that complicated, it's normal report procedure on a lot of servers. All they gotta do is have the player give the time in which a player broke the rule, then moderators go to that time's logs and see if what the person is saying is valid... it's not hard and it's certainly not a waste of time.

Excuse me, sir, name another client where you can get a fully customizable, HD cape? Exactly lol. I shouldn't have to drop the client I have got so used to just so that I can stop a cheater from ruining my time on the server.
Well look at it this way, nothing in Labymod is necessary for you playing the game. It is all completely additional and cosmetic. CubeCraft does not accept Labymod reports for a reason. You just have to pick between having a customizable HD cape, and being able to report hackers whenever you want. Your proposal would only overcomplicate the process of going through reports. I do believe there are many HD cape mods out there.

Reactions: Anthoken

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
Well look at it this way, nothing in Labymod is necessary for you playing the game. It is all completely additional and cosmetic. CubeCraft does not accept Labymod reports for a reason. You just have to pick between having a customizable HD cape, and being able to report hackers whenever you want. Your proposal would only overcomplicate the process of going through reports. I do believe there are many HD cape mods out there.
That's kinda... strange way to put it there. I mean, Laby isn't necessary but it's nice to have. It would be difficult trying to use a different client on cubecraft and laby on others, just because I can't report people who ruin the game (lemme repeat that, why stop people from reporting others for RUINING THE GAME?) I'm just curious... which is worse in your opinion:
a. taking about 3-5 more minutes for an appeal and getting more cheaters banned on your server
OR
b. stopping people from reporting simply because you incompetently don't check logs, causing more people to go about cheating

like honestly, how is this not sufficient evidence for a cheater report
just because I use LabyMod???

Reapz

Jul 29, 2018
www.planetminecraft.com
That's kinda... strange way to put it there. I mean, Laby isn't necessary but it's nice to have. It would be difficult trying to use a different client on cubecraft and laby on others, just because I can't report people who ruin the game (lemme repeat that, why stop people from reporting others for RUINING THE GAME?) I'm just curious... which is worse in your opinion:
a. taking about 3-5 more minutes for an appeal and getting more cheaters banned on your server
OR
b. stopping people from reporting simply because you incompetently don't check logs, causing more people to go about cheating

like honestly, how is this not sufficient evidence for a cheater report
just because I use LabyMod???
In that video you don't have health showing so why not use badlion client as it has pretty much the same stuff as labymod just no health tags and you can report cheaters with it

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Just check the chat logs and see who said what. Not that hard is it?
That is not how it works on CCG. The chat logs only registers blocked words and not every single typed word.
LabyMod is unable to "falsify evidence". One might say "But LabyMod is able to nick people, so, therefore, people can nick themselves as another person and swear in chat, and then use it as evidence!"
Basically the reason why Labymod isn’t allowed anymore. It’s very hard to tell if someone is nicked sometimes as people will edit out the pencil and etcetera.

Your suggestion is all fun and stuff, but it’s not how CCG works.

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
In that video you don't have health showing
bruh, DamageIndicator does not prove that someone uses killaura lol
1000 IQ time

why not use badlion client as it has pretty much the same stuff as labymod
Why don't I use badlion? Well...
1. I don't want some dude installing drivers on my PC
2. Badlion lacks a lot of features that LabyMod has. Custom addon-creating, customizable HD capes, forge support, etc.
3. Just no

Reapz

Jul 29, 2018
www.planetminecraft.com
bruh, DamageIndicator does not prove that someone uses killaura lol
1000 IQ time

Why don't I use badlion? Well...
1. I don't want some dude installing drivers on my PC
2. Badlion lacks a lot of features that LabyMod has. Custom addon-creating, customizable HD capes, forge support, etc.
3. Just no
Where did I say the damage indicator doesn't prove that someone uses killaura? I had said "in that video you don't have health showing so why not use badlion client" because if you don't mind about the health not showing (As in your video you have it turned off in labymod) then you could use badlion client and I said it as an option and my reply had nothing to do with someone using kill aura 1000 IQ time

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
That is not how it works on CCG. The chat logs only registers blocked words and not every single typed word.

Basically the reason why Labymod isn’t allowed anymore. It’s very hard to tell if someone is nicked sometimes as people will edit out the pencil and etcetera.

Your suggestion is all fun and stuff, but it’s not how CCG works.
Wait... hold up...
If what you are saying is true, that is an issue within itself that Cubecraft needs to fix. Normally, servers should have chat and console logs so that people who file chat reports can be dealt with properly. If Cubecraft is only logging blocked words... that's a serious issue...

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
Where did I say the damage indicator doesn't prove that someone uses killaura?
Well, you said "you don't have health showing", so I assumed you were talking about not having DamageIndicator on (a mod that lets you see other players' health). Unless you meant something else?

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Wait... hold up...
If what you are saying is true, that is an issue within itself that Cubecraft needs to fix. Normally, servers should have chat and console logs so that people who file chat reports can be dealt with properly. If Cubecraft is only logging blocked words... that's a serious issue...
I’d rather see updates then developers fixing that. The blocked words that are shown are for the chat filter dev (which used to be Andyschofie) so he or staff can check if things that shouldn’t be blocked are still getting blocked or not.

Reapz

Jul 29, 2018
www.planetminecraft.com
Well, you said "you don't have health showing", so I assumed you were talking about not having DamageIndicator on (a mod that lets you see other players' health). Unless you meant something else?
What I meant was that people like labymod because of all the features it has and that it shows health but then they can't report cheaters with it so I suggested badlion client because it has some similar features, I was thinking this as you were not using DamageIndicator mod and that you wouldn't mind using another thing that doesn't have it but then you replied saying why you don't want to use it so I don't know any other options.. I also do prefer labymod over badlion client

DrPickle

Aug 31, 2019
South Africa

It takes way to long for staff to read into logs and just use normal forge

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
Top Bottom