Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this become a thing?

• Total voters

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
This thread's purpose will be around accepting reports, even if the person reported had already been dealt with.

"But why?", you might ask. Well, there's two major factors I believe, and so I will split them, each having its own set of dedicated paragraph.

1. Motivation to report.

Some people feel as if their reports are useless, because Sentinel would have already stolen the ban hammer from the cookie jar, or because someone else stole it. After time, those users will feel like their reports are useless, and so they will stop reporting as a whole.
Now, how am I so sure of this? Well I was one of those people, and I've seen tons of people complain about it as well, on the Discord server. It's a simple concept that would let people feel like they're in fact not wasting their time.
Also because red is very ugly on the report site when you have a streak of 10 accepted reports

Not to mention the Sentinel-related reports, and the new system that someone had suggested a while ago: "Accept them and delay the hacker's ban to be 30 days if it was only 7 days."

2. Staff requirements - "50 accepted reports"

This specific requirement to apply for Staff was set because they needed to see whether or not players understand the rules enough to be able to report 50 or more users and get them accepted. But if this ability to "see whether or not they understand that those are rules and are being broken by someone else" was being manipulated by the fact that people or Sentinel would've already beaten them to getting them punished, then isn't this requirement a little bit manipulated by a factor? Man, I hope someone suggests a way to completely work around that factor......
Wait...

The amount of accepted / denied reports you have are really important when Staff look at the history of your reports. The accepted/denied ratio is important, but sadly, again, there's a parasite factor that I'm suggesting to completely eliminate.
h5cLPMG.png

• Instead of straight-up accepting it, since it apparently messes with the punishment track, here's a better way, which @Josher has suggested.
New reports containing the correct proof would get Handled, of course.
Reports of players who already received a punishment for their infractions would get the ‘
Closed’ tag.
And reports not providing the right evidence, would simply get
Denied.

Remember to wear your seat belts. Also, Technoblade never dies.
As much as I know that it will not get implemented, but I already wasted my time writing all this, so here we go. Now boost my ego please.

@.everyone @here

Last edited:

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I don’t really understand why an already handled report would get accepted in 3 other reports as well for example...

But I remember somebody making a suggestion thread (which got Escalated btw) about having a color code existing out of 3 colors: Handled - Closed - Denied

This system is pretty obvious in my oppinion.
New reports containing the correct proof would get
Handled, of course.
Reports of players who already received a punishment for their infractions would get the ‘
Closed’ tag.
Denied.

This system would make it way easier for the CubeCraft staff to review the reports of staff applicants.

And I gotta be honest: your system would motivate people even more to keep on making reports as it simply wouldn’t be a waste of time to report hackers anymore, but the system I just talked about would at least be better than the current one as lots of people just see the red text saying ‘closed’ and are getting demotivated because of it. This blue text would make it slightly better.

Last edited:

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I don’t really understand why an already handled report would get accepted in 3 other reports as well for example...

But I remember somebody making a suggesting thread (which got Escalated btw) about having a color code existing out of 3 colors: Handled - Closed - Denied

This system is pretty obvious in my oppinion.
New reports containing the correct proof would get
Handled, of course.
Closed’ tag.
Denied.

This system would make it way easier for the CubeCraft staff to review the reports of staff applicants.

And I gotta be honest: your system would motivate people eve more to keep on making reports as it simply wouldn’t be a waste of time to report hackers anymore, but the system I just talked about would at least be better than the current one as lots of people just see the red text saying ‘closed’ and are getting demotivated because of it. This blue text would make it slightly better.
Although what you've said is true, but making a 'Closed' tag would mean extra work for devs, although it's a simple thing to implement, but what I'm suggesting is something that requires 0 dev work whatsoever. But yea, I agree with your system as well.

Reactions: Josher

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
what I'm suggesting is something that requires 0 dev work whatsoever
Not accurate. If we accept a report even though they already was punished, their punishment will be extended which would mess up the punishment tracks.
The amount of accepted / denied reports you have are really important when Staff look at the history of your reports. The accepted/denied ratio is important, but sadly, again, there's a parasite factor that I'm suggesting to completely eliminate.
Yes indeed. But when looking at the ratio, we also take a look at the denied reports and the reason they where denied. To implement something like you suggested will for sure make that bit a bit less time consuming. Though I'd rather see the system that Josher mentioned to be implemented.

There could come a small flaw with this though. If multiple players reports using the same video (which happends some times), they would all get credit which isn't fully fair. Assumingly, we would still have to deny reports if there are multiple people reporting with the same evidence. It sure sounds good with such a system, but there will be flaws that I personally don't think will be worth it in the end.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
If we accept a report even though they already was punished, their punishment will be extended which would mess up the punishment tracks.
I did not know the two were associated. I thought you would need to do the command in-game yourself. This explains a lot.

In that case, @Josher's suggestion will be perfect.
If multiple players reports using the same video (which happends some times), they would all get credit which isn't fully fair.
I mean, if you view it that way, then the people will get 'credited' anyway if they were to apply for staff.
But when looking at the ratio, we also take a look at the denied reports and the reason they where denied. To implement something like you suggested will for sure make that bit a bit less time consuming.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Less time consuming. Therefore, this suggestion still stands. I'll edit my original thread to include Josher's idea and then I guess it'll all be perfect and ready to go?

Reactions: Josher

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
It's just a meme from Technoblade's channel. Not sure if you haven't noticed, but I put 2 Techno memes, one TheOdd1sOut meme and the DrakeNo/DrakeYes meme. It's not meant to be taken seriously, at all.
I know, I watch Techno and some of his jokes are funny. But some stuff should just never be used as a joke, even without harm intentions.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I totally agree! I have reported around 10 players now, 8 reports were actually sufficient to get someone punished. "The user has already been dealt with". It takes me quite a lot of time to report someone. I have to record it, edit it (remove the useless parts), and upload it on YouTube. That adds up to atleast 15 minutes for me, for just 1 report.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Sentinel always works when we don't want it to.

Also where is josh? Smh

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
hbd
Xi1m wrote on dvodany's profile.
emesis blue sure is.. interesting
I came back to tell y'all that Minecraft pocket edition is now UNDER A DOLLAR (in my country) for Cubecraft's 15th birthday!
And it's like 20 dollars for pc, but still, UNDER 1 DOLLAR?
Should have bought Minecraft today- instead of like buying it 2 years ago.
Aight going offline again.
Mintypie231 wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 🍰
Mintypie231 wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom