Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think about the Mystery Map?

• I love it! Goodbye, Magic!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't like it.. CubeCraft should bring back Magic!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • CubeCraft should keep it but bring back Magic

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Furball That Works

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2019
Yesterday, (13/12/2021) CubeCraft officially removed the Magic map (but the gingerbread map still exists..) and replaced it with the new "Mystery" map. While the build looks cool and all, that's all it really is. A cool build.

One of the main issues the CCC (CubeCraft Comminuty) always talks about is campers. Campers are annoying for making the game go on for an unnecessarily long time by doing things like skybasing (without a way for the enemy team to get to them), hiding under islands, and sitting at their islands the entire game with no intentions to progress it.

This map does anything but discourage campers. For those who don't know, the Magic map originally had a giant wizard standing in the center of the map. The wizard was removed due to camping (and something else I heard about that I won't say). If CubeCraft really wants to discourage it's players from camping in Eggwars, this map is not the way to go.

The GIGANTIC center is filled with several spots you can hide in, like the big cauldron at center, the scroll that surrounds the bottom of the center, the magic flames that loop around the center, the stands underneath the team bases and the magic flames that surround the team bases.

This entire map feels like it was made for people to camp. I'm not sure why this replaced the Magic map (or why the gingerbread map still exists), as most of the CCC seemed to enjoy it. Personally, I think it would've been better if they kept the Magic map and released this on it's own. It doesn't make a lot of sense (to me) why a map like this would replace something like the Magic map.

UPDATE (14/12/2021): The purple island on this map has a permanently broken diamond generator. Seems like they overlooked some things when creating this map..

Last edited:

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I understand that magic IS DATED; however, since there’s not many maps to choose from in the first place, having magic back alongside this revamp will do more good than harm. There’s really no point in a revamp if you only have like 10 maps in the first place.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Mystery is a good map and I don't think it needs to be removed but I do think it's a good idea to bring Magic back since it's supposed to be a Magic 'revamp' but in my opinion they are not even similar.

Magic is a very old map and considered OG by many so removing it was not a very good idea 😕

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ballonpuma288
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom