Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I myself hate the OP skywars game mode. It's just way too unbalanced. Since you can have a guy with a stack of golden apple in full diamond while you have a 2/4 diamond and not a very strong weapon. Or you have a lot of the same swords in one chest and all. I mean the game mode is just really insane. Though I don't mind it too much, but I really like to find a single game where OP always gets chosen. I have played about 14 skywars games yesterday and I only played one game mode where normal was voted (and my team mates blew up half the island to try to kill me). So is it possible to incorporate something like a game mode where normal can be played or basic? Of course this might make the point of ranks pretty pointless. So maybe tone down the amount of stuff in the game mode and revision it a bit?

Reactions: Moooofin

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The golden apples are a bit much but the weapons are decently balanced to deal damage ♡ It's much better than op eggwars where you have to break people's armor to kill them ♡ I would recommend using the blacksmith kit and making a power 4 bow which will absolutely shred through anyone's apples >: ) ♡♡♡♡ I don't think that non donators should be able to play pre determined game modes if that's what you're suggesting as that would just lead less people to buy ranks meaning a worse server :(

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
The golden apples are a bit much but the weapons are decently balanced to deal damage ♡ It's much better than op eggwars where you have to break people's armor to kill them ♡ I would recommend using the blacksmith kit and making a power 4 bow which will absolutely shred through anyone's apples >: ) ♡♡♡♡ I don't think that non donators should be able to play pre determined game modes if that's what you're suggesting as that would just lead less people to buy ranks meaning a worse server :(

Welp, it just gets annoying when you join a game and about 4 ranks just vote OP. Or when you have a friend with a rank and suddenly the chat gets spammed with other people voting OP when you guys voted basic and you end up playing normal. I would leave, but then it's practically every game '-'

Reactions: Power Ranger

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
I myself hate the OP skywars game mode. It's just way too unbalanced. Since you can have a guy with a stack of golden apple in full diamond while you have a 2/4 diamond and not a very strong weapon. Or you have a lot of the same swords in one chest and all. I mean the game mode is just really insane. Though I don't mind it too much, but I really like to find a single game where OP always gets chosen. I have played about 14 skywars games yesterday and I only played one game mode where normal was voted (and my team mates blew up half the island to try to kill me). So is it possible to incorporate something like a game mode where normal can be played or basic? Of course this might make the point of ranks pretty pointless. So maybe tone down the amount of stuff in the game mode and revision it a bit?
Well, the chests in sky wars are not just skill. They also require luck, and that is an instance of luck. Lots of people love op sky wars, if you do not then wait for a game that does not vote op.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well, the chests in sky wars are not just skill. They also require luck, and that is an instance of luck. Lots of people love op sky wars, if you do not then wait for a game that does not vote op.

Lots of the people love practically any OP mode in any games. But like you said, chest in sky wars is based on luck. It gets annoying when you are completely outgeared and overpowered.

ShyRazu

Jan 26, 2017
SkyWars was my favorite gamemode for a long time. Now, I got to a conclusion where SkyWars is simply a Lucky Islands gamemode with chests instead of lucky block. It is still a fun gamemode but OP makes it waaaay too unbalanced.

Reducing the amount of items received in chests would be a great idea.
Maybe make some maps where you are able to vote for OP and others that you cannot. (That would screw with the ranks but it's just an idea)

But, it is in the server and we have to deal with it until it is changed, or not. It's like Hardcore in EggWars. We need to deal with it...

Have fun in CubeCraft though. Don't let overpowered weapons kill you!^^

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
SkyWars was my favorite gamemode for a long time. Now, I got to a conclusion where SkyWars is simply a Lucky Islands gamemode with chests instead of lucky block. It is still a fun gamemode but OP makes it waaaay too unbalanced.

Reducing the amount of items received in chests would be a great idea.
Maybe make some maps where you are able to vote for OP and others that you cannot. (That would screw with the ranks but it's just an idea)

But, it is in the server and we have to deal with it until it is changed, or not. It's like Hardcore in EggWars. We need to deal with it...

Have fun in CubeCraft though. Don't let overpowered weapons kill you!^^

That's the thing isn't it? The game mode is very unbalanced. Even if you were decent at pvp it is still difficult when you are outgeared and not as stacked as the other person, at least in eggwars hardcore doesn't get voted very often.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
i dont play much skywars but i actually like the OP combat modes because it takes longer yes but its also more challenging it limits what stuff you can use kinda and forces you to make a combat strategy to where you have the advantage with your armor and stuff

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
i dont play much skywars but i actually like the OP combat modes because it takes longer yes but its also more challenging it limits what stuff you can use kinda and forces you to make a combat strategy to where you have the advantage with your armor and stuff
Why does it limit the stuff you can use?

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
Why does it limit the stuff you can use?
what to use in a melee combat area some people would go with a sword because of damage and combos but because its OP axes would be better because its faster to break the armor with and hence limits what the other player can use to continue fighting hence using Golden apples more when his armor starts breaking off

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
what to use in a melee combat area some people would go with a sword because of damage and combos but because its OP axes would be better because its faster to break the armor with and hence limits what the other player can use to continue fighting hence using Golden apples more when his armor starts breaking off
But wouldn't it be the same for normal? You have a diamond axe in normal and you can do the same ...

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
in normal a Sword would be better because of the combos and the length of the hit distance because of the armor not being very powerful in the enchantment area

Jan 25, 2017
If you don't want all this, you can buy a rank and vote for yourself. And indeed it is anoying when your teammates try to blow you up, but I don't know if that can be changed.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
If you don't want all this, you can buy a rank and vote for yourself. And indeed it is anoying when your teammates try to blow you up, but I don't know if that can be changed.
You say like buying a rank is something that is very easy and cheap to do?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well, it isn't that hard to get a rank. If you really want to vote and when you have the money for it, than it isn't a big deal.

Then let me ask you... Have you ever thought of buying a rank? Why? Have you? If so, think about those out there who can't do so...
I think the items in OP are balanced, maybe sometimes they aren't but then you're just a bit unlucky :p .
If that's the case.. Then that's literally all my games :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
Top Bottom