Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
To start off please let me know if this has been suggested in the past/give me the link, I searched but couldn’t find anything to do with this specifically.

So I was looking through support and noticed some people instead of helping the person asking for help, they just told them “You should try asking a staff member” and that’s it, they contributed nothing and just told them to do what they were already trying to do.

Other times I see them answering stuff blatantly incorrect, I’ve seen java players try to tell bedrock players who are shadow-muted, to contact AnimalTamer about being muted (while someone prior had stated they are in fact shadow-muted.)

I believe away to prevent these is a rule against false information; I understand the user is trying to help, however this does more harm than help if what they are is saying is wrong.

What the rule could say;

No false information; this applies network wide. False information is when a player asks for help and you give them an answer that isn’t helpful to them/isn’t correct, this applies whether you knew it was false or not.

What problems could this cause? None! It would be very helpful to players searching for help and would encourage users who don’t know the answer, to not give wrong one’s.

If you see any issues/have any additions please leave it in the comments :p

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Um... because it’s false?
When I try to give good information and it's false you shouldn't be punished you can just tell him when u released its false I think on purpose giving him false information to troll him is already punishable so this suggestion kinda pointless don't think anything will be done with this

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
When I try to give good information and it's false you shouldn't be punished you can just tell him when u released its false I think on purpose giving him false information to troll him is already punishable so this suggestion kinda pointless don't think anything will be done with this
That’s the point of the rule, if you aren’t 87% sure don’t answer. It’s not like you’ll get network banned immediately for this warnings exist for a reason.

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
This'll incentivize people to redirect them to #staff-help, where their questions will be answered correctly, by people who know the answers 100%.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
This'll incentivize people to redirect them to #staff-help, where their questions will be answered correctly, by people who know the answers 100%.
Well that’s kind of the point of the support sub-forum so staff can help, redirecting them to #staff-help is pointless unless it’s an issue that only staff can help with

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry I disagree, because I think a player who give ‘false’ information but are trying to help someone, don’t troll/prank. They think they gave the ‘right’ answer.

Another reason are the moderators who can give the right answer. If there are 3 people who gave two different answers, 1 of them was wrong and 1 of them was right. The moderator can quote the right answer and lock the thread.

Reactions: Lozora

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
we’re human. everyone makes mistakes, and believe it or not, even staff members make mistakes. it would be rather harsh to punish someone with good intentions just because they made a mistake/possibly misread the question.
I understand this, however the amount of false information I’ve seen about stuff such as shadow mutes is absurd. On many threads about it I see one person saying they are shadow muted and the rest all saying the same thing about asking a moderator if they’re muted/contacting the mod who muted them. In my opinion it should be you just get a warning but don’t get anything close to a ban unless it’s very clearly intentional that you’re spreading misinformation.

Edit: What I meant is something like this is warnable but not bannable/muteable (on a shadow mute thread)
396F71D3-5DC7-423C-BF10-2880156EBF09.jpeg

However, after a lot of these kinds of posts it will be (on a support thread asking why toxicity isn’t bannable)
C89694A8-1324-4793-BCFF-DA7F8BE2C3C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I’m actually not sure about this. It could be hard to punish, but it’s annoying when 100000 people try to help someone in support and only one person is right. Could just be a warning thing that has no punishment.

Felinesheep1982

May 5, 2020
I think this would cause too many false punishments due to people trying to help. They could have received misinformation and tried passing on what they thought was good.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Bday Skate 🎉
Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday pinky! 🎉🥳
Top Bottom