Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

welovetogo

Novice Member
Apr 2, 2018
Sweden
It's many hackers and they need to be punished, sentinel isn't always like active, he is sleeping the most. So I would love to have a report command. Like in hypixel you can do /wdr (reason) (name) and that would be good, I don't really have a example to an command but fix one.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Unfortunately the report command has been suggested a couple of times.
For the most, salty players will most likely abuse it - this keeps staff members from observing actual suspicious players as they will be busy going around checking on reports.
In my opinion, it would better to report players on the designated area :fantamug:
Please use the search function in case similar threads have been made, your answer and many other opinions are already stated in there.

TL;DR
More cons than pros = ×

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Sentinel always watches every player, /wdr means watchdogreport, so if this would get implemented you’re basically suggesting to downgrade the anticheat :-/

My success rate of getting ride of hackers with /wdr is much higher than seeing a hacker be punished by sentinel at the moment. That said, it does work great at times, but every now there are just hackers everywhere that aren't being banned by sentinel.

And I'm not sure if that server has no anticheat protection whatsoever outside of reported players?

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Watchdogs checks the code of few hundreds players every minute (I think). If you do /wdr name it’ll review the players code asap.

Sentinel reviews the code of ALL players, so if /sentinel report would get added you’ll have to downgrade the server.

If you’re suggesting to add /report for every player, it’ll get abused a lot.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Watchdogs checks the code of few hundreds players every minute (I think). If you do /wdr name it’ll review the players code asap.

Sentinel reviews the code of ALL players, so if /sentinel report would get added you’ll have to downgrade the server.

If you’re suggesting to add /report for every player, it’ll get abused a lot.

Not suggesting that; just don't think that the anticheat they have over there is downgrade - at least not in my experience.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
My success rate of getting ride of hackers with /wdr is much higher than seeing a hacker be punished by sentinel at the moment.
Based on what? Sentinel is coded so that it takes logs of everything that triggers it, not instantly banning because of the trigger, but just storing logs. /wdr is only active when getting a trigger from members, which makes it less likely to ban players. Btw the fact that you might see Watchdog ban more in game, might be because there are more cheaters on their server. ‘Nd those hackers not being banned.. yeah people also make bypasses. Once Sentinel is coded to ban players with that specific log(s), someone will make a new bypass.

Reactions: Keanu
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom