Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Title of Minigame: Deathrun
Note: I'm aware that this has been a populair minigame on HiveMC (Java) for a long time, however, due to HiveMC closing it's door on April 15th, I feel like this is a great opportunity for CubeCraft to jump in and also like Lime said, let them continue playing the game they really appreciate. Cube still has a lot of great potential, being the only good 1.9+ server, they can do a lot. Don't be scared of "copying" another servers gamemode, because honestly, no one cares if you copy. They really don't. Many servers already do this. It's a fun and populair game, the pros outweighs the cons by a mile.

Hey there fellow CubeCrafters! I've came up with a new game idea!
First, I want to present a game called Deathrun. I've put a image down below of an announcement that they had on their website. My idea is to give the game some changes and other stuff! I've also put two videos of the gameplay in this thread so you can see how it is to be in those positions. I don’t know if this should also be for Bedrock, that’s also the reason why I pur the Java tag. I hope you like it! :D
1618543629651.png

📝Overview of the Game:
Deathrun is a competitive Obstacle course game. In Deathrun, you either play as a Runner or the randomly selected Death. The Runner's objective is to reach the end of the track by avoiding, dodging, or surviving traps the Killer activates. The Death(s) objective is to kill all the Runners trying to reach the end- this can be done by activating traps. (watch out!! water is something you may not touch!! :x)

💨 Runners

As a runner, you win by making it all the way to the last checkpoint (portal) on the map. Runners have a finite amount of lives: starting with two (2), and going up by two at each checkpoint. Runners that manage to win the game get their remaining lives left as a point-bonus.
In-chat warnings:
[Deathrun] Strafe available!
[Deathrun] Strafe on cooldown!

Inventory:
Slot 1: Empty
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: Strafe Left (A skull with a ⬅️ on it)
Slot 5: Strafe Back (A skull with ⬇️ on it)
Slot 6: Strafe Right (A skull with ▶️ on it)
Slot 7: Empty
Slot 8: Empty
Slot 9: Player visibility
Visible: Lime dye
Ghost: Pink dye
Invisibility: Grey dye

💀Death
For the deaths to win, they must eliminate ALL the runners in the game. You must try stop the runners reaching the end of the map. Use the inventory items at the right time to kill the runners and stop them from finishing!
Inventory:
Slot 1: Previous trap (A skull with a ⬅️ on it)
Slot 2: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 3: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 4: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 5: Trap Jumper (Item: A Compass)
Slot 6: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 7: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 8: Activate trap! (Item: Slime ball) --> Trap on Cooldown (Item: ______)
Slot 9: Next trap (A skull with ▶️ on it)

🔧 Traps

Every map comes with a wide variety of traps: most of them activated by the Deaths. Down below is a small selection of the traps that HiveMC has now, although, I know there are some creative people out there who may help with some new awesome traps! Feel free to post a idea in the comments!
  • Block Destroyer: temporarily removes a set or random group of blocks, making the runner fall to his death!
  • Falling Roof: makes part of the roof falls down, killing runners that get hit by the blocks!
  • Piston Launcher: activates a set of pistons on the floor, launching the runners on them into the roof, killing them.
  • Arrow Spawner: shoots a flaming arrow in a set direction, killing any runner hit by it.
  • And many more! Some maps also have their own custom traps, integrating with the design and surroundings.

↔️ Strafes

To turn a almost certain death into a narrow escape, runners receive three strafe items. Using either the Right, Back, or Left strafe will launch the runner into said direction. However, every individual strafe has a 60 second cooldown: a game only lasts a few minutes, so use them wisely!

⁉️ Who might this game appeal to?
  • New players (I think especially players from hive as this was a very populair game on there)
  • Singleplayer players (branching out to a new audience)
  • Arcade Games players (as it is very similar to a lot of other Arcade Games)
  • Non-PvP players
  • Players who enjoy short games
  • Players in parties
  • Speedrunners

🗺️ Maps:
  • In my opinion, we should use new maps! A special map for each season (for example, if it is Easter then an Easter theme map)
    anything else?

🏆 Deathrun Point Exchange
What type of stuff and rewards can I expect?
For example:
  • 1st place = 100 exp
  • 2nd place = 75 exp
  • 3rd place = 50 exp
  • All other players (including the death) receive 25 exp.
  • Besides getting exp, there will also be some cool challenges! If you complete them, you will be granted some awesome loot and cubelets!
  • You can buy Death with a certain amount of points, let's say you need 5000 points in order to become Death. Of course, it's possible that other people in your game did the same, that means there's less chance to become Death. Either you will become Death with someone else, or you will be it alone.
📝 General Information & Vote Options

🔖 General Information
  • Max time limit per game is 5 minutes
  • Max players is 20 - where 1 or 2 other player(s) can be death.
  • When you join a Deathrun game, you'll be warped into a pre-lobby - you can vote for 1 map that you want to play in.
  • There's no fall damage.
  • Before the game starts, it will count down from 5 to 0. Example: Prepare to run!
    5 until start - and so on...
  • Infront of the trap you should be able what a trap does. This can be done with a sign.

⭐ Vote Options
  • Time. (Requires Lapiz rank)
  • Map. (Doesn't require a rank)
⚒️ Edit:
So I see that a lot of people disagreed/feel unsure about the suggestion (Probably because this looks like a 'exact' copy from hive). I honestly hope that I can still change your mind with these new changes.

The way you play the game remains the same, but for example the maps (also the names), traps, points exchange, voting options and cosmetics/skills can be adjusted. I also hope that it is possible to merge my suggestion/idea with Marieke's suggestion- or well, by combining our ideas and other things! I really like the idea behind power ups and competitive parkour, and I would not want to see this get change this. Please read @Marieke2001 her suggestion before you leave a comment/react to this post. It's especially important to read these three:

- What makes me want to play competitive Parkour on CubeCraft and not Death Run on The Hive?
- But how is this competitive?
- Aren't these power-ups massively overpowered for people that are running first?

☁️ Concluding Thoughts

Huge thanks to @Siftenly @TheSadPotato_ for helping me with gathering information.

Thank you for reading our suggestion. Please let us know your opinions of it in the replies. We would also really appreciate your feedback & suggestions on this. If you think this game should be added, react to this post with :agree: so CubeCraft can see it is causing attention. Thanks!! 😁

Last edited:

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
This seems like exactly the same as hive. It's a copy. There is no point of adding a game that is exactly the same. Because that is copying imo. :disagree: from me.
I mean technically the hive java doesn’t exist anymore so there’s a free slot open lol. But yea I don’t agree with This idea as just having this on java is stupid and if they port to bedrock it wont beat the hives version. They could do like a wipeout maybe?

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
This seems like exactly the same as hive. It's a copy. There is no point of adding a game that is exactly the same. Because that is copying imo. :disagree: from me.
How would this be a copy of a game that no longer exist on a server? Basically, if you've read the suggestion, I said that I'm open for any changes, such as changing the traps, power ups, maps, point exchange & rewards.
I mean technically the hive java doesn’t exist anymore so there’s a free slot open lol. But yea I don’t agree with This idea as just having this on java is stupid and if they port to bedrock it wont beat the hives version. They could do like a wipeout maybe?
The reason why I deciced to not put a All Network tag is because they still have Deathrun on Bedrock, but no longer on Java, as they wiped Java.
I know there has been a suggestion of this before, but I would really like to see this! There's just some changes I've made, but maybe if we combine the ideas it would become something cool! I've also got some other stuff and evidence that might help Cube in order to push forward.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
How would this be a copy of a game that no longer exist on a server? Basically, if you've read the suggestion, I said that I'm open for any changes, such as changing the traps, power ups, maps, point exchange & rewards.
It would be better to not make it the same. Even despite that cubecraft needs to make fun game modes that are not copies.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
i do agree this is copying, but it is still original. there are now other servers on java (that i'm aware of) that have this gamemode as well when the hive stops. it is one of my favorite gamemodes in minecraft. and it would be a shame if people can't play it anymore. it would also boost the cubecraft java playerbase a bit. so a for me

Reactions: Zillu

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
I like the idea but if CubeCraft will add it they will need to make some changes to make it some what original.... What's the point of copying someone else's idea and not even changing it a bit... I suggest you add some ideas for changes to the game :P Though I remember playing quite a lot (when I used to play on TheHive)

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
I like the idea but if CubeCraft will add it they will need to make some changes to make it some what original.... What's the point of copying someone else's idea and not even changing it a bit... I suggest you add some ideas for changes to the game :P Though I remember playing quite a lot (when I used to play on TheHive)
I’ve made some changes to it, but I will be sure to add some new ideas to the suggestion myself and try to improve it. As said above, maybe when we combine our suggestions with each other it might become something amazing!

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
It is like a copy from a different server. And yeah, we all heard it has been closed which dissapoints a lot of people. I still think this is a funny idea for CubeCraft! I only wanna say I really liked the minigame and if you voted "disagree" you may didn't played it enough. So, hell yeah if this will be added, take a look at blockwars bridges, kinda stolen smh? Minerware? and even Skywars that every server has? And some people come with copies, like I don't understand...

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
Please read the message above my reply that I sent, those are some cool changes that can be made. There's also a thread with some other cool stuff, if we combine this I think it would be something really amazing.
I'm fine to add death run, but the thing I don't want is a copy directly, that thread U added from @Marieke2001 Is something I wanted to be added. I'm saying not direct copy.
Sorry if you did not understand

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Pretty unsure tbh. I really enjoyed playing DR on TheHive, and honestly idm CubeCraft copying other servers as they always tweak some things and give the games their own Cube style, which is great. However idk if this would work on Cube.

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I'm not really sure about this, because I don't think it's fair to copy this from a server that's been closed recently.

I think it might work if Cube changed a couple of things about the game. Think about different maps, different names and different kinds of traps.

I do enjoy the game mode a lot and I really want it back on Java, but it's just a little too soon in my opinion.

Reactions: GeoJosh7

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Pretty unsure tbh. I really enjoyed playing DR on TheHive, and honestly idm CubeCraft copying other servers as they always tweak some things and give the games their own Cube style, which is great. However idk if this would work on Cube.
I also really enjoyed playing DR! I think most people are unsure/disagree because it’s ‘copied’. But let’s be real, there are minigames on CubeCraft that they also have on other servers. That means they either created the game their self or they copied it from another server and gave the game their own Cube style- and that’s what the suggestion is about!

I’ll later edit a few things in the suggestion and I hope I can change your/other people’s mind with it.
I'm not really sure about this, because I don't think it's fair to copy this from a server that's been closed recently.

I think it might work if Cube changed a couple of things about the game. Think about different maps, different names and different kinds of traps.

I do enjoy the game mode a lot and I really want it back on Java, but it's just a little too soon in my opinion.
Well, for a game to even release or be in beta, it takes a while, so I don’t think we should expect this any time soon (If this get’s forwarded). They also said they’ll be releasing some games on GitHub, so I don’t see any problem with copying a game from a server that’s been closed recently.

Using new maps, different names, power ups & different traps is something I definitely agree on. I think this would be something amazing if it could be merged with Marieke’s suggestion-
or well, combining our ideas and other stuff!

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Bumpppp. I've edited the suggestion a lil bit, please read '⚒️ Edit', it's at the bottom of the suggestion. I hope I can change your mind if you reacted :disagree: / :unsure:!

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Zillu, thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately we believe this is far too similar to Hives 'Death Run' concept overall, whilst it has some minor unique elements this isn't a sufficient reason to green light this idea as the base game is the same. We're currently looking at Marieke's concept at this time which we believe is very unique from 'Death Run' and would allow us to try new gameplay elements and mechanics without copying another server.

Feel free to put any ideas you have on Marieke's suggestion thread in the event that we green light that project in the future.

I have marked this as denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom