Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BrightDylanPlayz

Apr 15, 2020
Tropical Island
Hi

I'm talking as a big CubeCraft fan since I've played this server for years. I know many people consider this server as nostalgia, or a place to make new friends or just in general a place with a lot of memories. Many people do complain about the fact that CubeCraft chose this way, and don't get me wrong I understand the confusion and sadness (or other emotions you rather not have). But to be honest, I (personally) am happy that CubeCraft is trying everything to change the server for hopefully a better future.

I see many people saying ''I stop playing, I quit, If the playercount doesn't increase I leave", These things will actually just avoid the server from a potential grow. I think in my heart and in all the people who actually love to play CubeCraft (is it everyday or once in a while) that everybody hopes that the server will grow to avoid a permanent closure.

What I wanna say with this message, please understand their choice (that I support even if it hurts) and keep supporting your favourite network. Invite friends or play on it as you always did. It's gonna be hard to keep the believe in a growing movement, but if everybody just keep supporting and show that they really do care about their favourite Minecraft place then I think we can revive the server and become the server as before or even better.

Ofcourse I do encourage the CubeCraft team to change the way of working. Let's see this as a new page to create new games in the future (after hopefully an increasing playercount), change the whole way of updating (like this 1.19 update) but keep it very unique and new. Also change the way of helping people on Discord or Forums, I think if you consider what I said (and I hope everybody agrees cuz I'm talking from the whole network) is that this will work. You want ideas? You want people to agree on updates? You want to involve everybody in this whole rescue adventure? Then please listen to everybody (together) let people decide together (and I'm not talking about "creating a suggestion on the forum") Cuz this really do not give people the feeling that they are involved.

Look, I wrote this message from my own vision and opinion and a few "suggestions". I hope many of y'all willl kinda agree or fully agree. But still feel free to leave any thoughts under this message if you want 😀

Let's revive the CubeCraft network together, shall we? 😜
2022-09-04_23.22.25.png

gscuwurry

Sep 3, 2022
Love the optimism here, and you're totally right about it. In theory, we should continue to help the server we know and love grow while it goes through this new period.

In practice... this isn't likely to be the case. Not just because people are angry at Cubecraft and saying they suck so they're going away or whatever, either. But it's because the wiping of gamemodes just turns away people who only come to Cubecraft for those games. Wiping off TD, for example, just cuts away all those who came on to play TD. They're not going to move from a non-pvp game to something like Eggwars or Skywars. Frankly, even the fact that Eggwars is now solely 4s and Skywars and Lucky is solo doesn't help either. They may have been the most popular gamemodes, but then you only retain the people who only play those gamemodes.

Do I think there could have been something feasible like monitoring the traffic for each game, and maybe making games timed so that the servers are only up when more people are playing? Yes, if Cubecraft already had the data to do so. I think we can learn from the real world here, where things don't just shut down for a huge chunk of time without some other alternative. When games are in their "dead hours", then maybe only the popular games can be available. But for like 5-7 hours in a day it really wouldn't hurt to open up the other less popular, but still in demand games to the community, with maybe 3-4 maps in rotation. Too late now, but that's the reality of the situation. People don't have to be angry to not come back, they just have to find something better to do with their time. Most of them will.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it
caraMel wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
_GakuL