Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Winkeh

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2017
Disclaimer: Don't read this if you're just here to hate on Laggers.

Hello. My name is Winki, and current IGN 8letters. Some of you might know me in-game, some on Discord, but that isn't why I'm here. I just really need to get this out of my thoughts because this is an issue I think has reached its peak recently.

I am pretty into Minecraft as a game, and my favorite part is multiplayer gameplay, since you get to meet new people, experience new things, etc. I am a player of cube that mainly focuses on the PvP server, I enjoy PvPing with friends as well as rest of the community. However, a phenomenon that I feel like has been overlooked is becoming a part of Cube, which I think most of you would like it to be positive and nice.

I live far away from the server, more specifically Hong Kong. I am proficient in English way more than Chinese, and therefore I feel like I don't fit into the Hong Kong Minecraft community. I choose to come on Cubecraft as a result. The only consequence besides the natural fright of socializing with internet strangers, is the ping aspect. For those of you who are unclear on how ping works, its basically latency, or how much delay you experience when connecting to a certain server. Ping is consisted out of two main elements, location and internet speed. I live far away, therefore my ping averages around 200-300ms. According to the internet, anything above 100ms classifies as lag.

I am by no means trying to disagree that it is lag, yes, I lag, I know. But, the majority of the players on Cube really just assume that everyone somehow lives close to the server, since they don't even consider the location aspect of ping when they speak. On PvP, it is most apparent, since you get delayed knock back and it gives an advantage. PvP is especially hard with laggers, that is absolutely true, but it does not mean Laggers don't also have to work hard to develop skill and aim etc. On Cubecraft, a lot of the players I've seen just render me or any other lagger as useless and bad if they see them. To those people, I really just have one simple question to ask: Can you really blame the lagger?

Of course, there are people out there who purposely lag to get an advantage, but that is very uncommon on Cube. I personally don't, yet what I've gotten from most players is just pure hate and discrimination. I've had players who not only have insulted me for

-Being too poor to afford WiFi
-Being a pinger
-My parents don't have jobs to buy wifi

but also even given me death threats and explained even how they would do it JUST because I experience lag. I think what people often don't realize is that laggers don't choose to lag, they don't want to lag. This is an issue I feel as if the community has just overlooked since I've gotten reports back of people bullying me because I lag with the response 'We do not punish for this type of toxicity', that's not really just in my opinion. We are not just 'laggers', we are human beings with feelings also, like the rest of you. To place a label on a person in that regard is plain disrespectful and rude.

Everyday I come on, the positivity and my faith in the community decreases. I'm absolutely certain that I'm not the only one who has walked away or got off from cube with this bitter feeling that we're not being respected, yet can't do anything about it. I really hope you all can understand why I'm saying all this, and why looking down on people based on one thing is just unfair. This is just a short summary of my current life on Cube, and definitely not in detail, of course, there are some players who have actually became friends with me, such as Rob (Robbedz), Sierra (Gothices), Anna (CLSKermxt), Audrey (CLSAudraey), Liam (Looney), Don (MFHweedlylife), Kim (CLSkimmio), Dyliv (MFHtheweedman) and much more that have not minded my lag, but still this situation happens daily at least 5 times, and it needs to be known a bit more.

I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say with this story, not asking any of you to do anything about it, just hope you all know what's going on.

I will be taking a short break from Cube, just to rejuvenate and readjust myself. The bottle has overflowed

All my love

Winkeo (Winki)

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!