Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello, Cubecrafters!
I would like to suggest a change to the "entity occlusion system", which was implemented recently (this message).
Screenshot_394.png

In theory, it sounds like something very good, as it helps reduce lag. But should it really be implemented like this?

My suggestion is to make the "entity occlusion system" a toggeable setting in the lobby settings (or somewhere else if you want) and leave it on by default. The main reason for that is that some people just do not experience lag all that much, and for them this change just feels rather unnecessary and/or changes the game too much (there is also another reason - probably just my pc being weird, but for me this change made the game laggier than before).
But what do you think? I'd love to hear your opinion!

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, Cubecrafters!
I would like to suggest a change to the "entity occlusion system", which was implemented recently (this message).View attachment 200829
In theory, it sounds like something very good, as it helps reduce lag. But should it really be implemented like this?

My suggestion is to make the "entity occlusion system" a toggeable setting in the lobby settings (or somewhere else if you want) and leave it on by default. The main reason for that is that some people just do not experience lag all that much, and for them this change just feels rather unnecessary and/or changes the game too much (there is also another reason - probably just my pc being weird, but for me this change made the game laggier than before).
But what do you think? I'd love to hear your opinion!
Do you mean the villager disapearing in eggwars?

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Do you mean the villager disapearing in eggwars?
Yes, the villager disappearing in Eggwars is one of the things that are happening because of the new change (and the main reason why I created this thread :P)

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, the villager disappearing in Eggwars is one of the things that are happening because of the new change (and the main reason why I created this thread :P)
Hey,
I played an eggwars game and it seems got fixed! :D

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey iTBD,

Thanks for the suggestion, but after some discussion, we will not be making this a toggleable option. The entity occlusion system was put in place to help people on lower end devices that suffer from entity lag have a better experience on the server. It will only improve performance across the board and there isn't really any benefit to having a toggle for it. Ultimately we'd rather focus on polishing this system going forward and I encourage you to report any bugs that pop up with it.

This bug is now fixed :)

~ Marked as denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom