Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The suggestion is for any of you to try and find the gaping flaw of logic in this explanation.

The title looks as though I have a video if someone hackusating me. No, I am here today explaining why anyone who gets a 3 block hit on you in a straightline is cheating. As most of you should know Minecraft runs in ticks. 20 tps to be precise. Pretend 2 players have 1 ms each. The lowest amount possible without hosting, they are litterally connected to the same Ethernet or whatnot. All their information will be sent in the next tick with 0.05 delay.

Ok so player A and B both have 1 ms as stated above. They both sprint towards each other in a straightline. Player A attacks player B at 20 clicks a second (or in 1.9 they attack at the perfect moment) while moving towards player B and B moving towards A. I believe the players move at least 4 blocks a second. Player A at last connects a hit to player B. Pretending they are legit, player A's hit would of had to been 3-2.8 blocks away. This is because the hit must have been in a tick. Then in the next tick when the hit registers server side player B will be 0.2 blocks closer to A and A will be 0.12 blocks closer to B. However player A won't actually be closer because this next tick should be when he sent the packet so the server should see him in the same place. This means the hit is actually 2.8-2.6 blocks server side, 2.68-2.48 blocks for player A and for player B it's even wierder. So the attack packet was sent to the location 2 ticks after where player B is since B's location must have passed one tick by the server than to player A. Then the attack packet is sent when player B is 2.4-2.6 blocks away. Then when the attack packet registers and hits B on B's side it's been another 2 ticks so the hit should only be 2.0-2.2 blocks away.

So if anyone ever gets a 3 block hit on anyone. They are cheating.
More ping means they move more. The 2 players literally have the lowest ping possible.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I agree with this. A lot of players take advantage of their ping and is able to hit people from a pretty good distance. The pvp strategy "Infinite combo" is pretty suspicious too if you get caught in it and the attacking player has a lower ping. Its just how the game works unfortunately... I get some distance hits sometimes on some people especially since I am from the USA. My ping averages around 80-120, so some people just hackusate me sometimes. On my screen they're in front of me but on theirs I am a little further out. Minecraft is a ping based game so if you know how to fight laggers, you are good. Nice post BTW.:D

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I agree with this. A lot of players take advantage of their ping and is able to hit people from a pretty good distance. The pvp strategy "Infinite combo" is pretty suspicious too if you get caught in it and the attacking player has a lower ping. Its just how the game works unfortunately... I get some distance hits sometimes on some people especially since I am from the USA. My ping averages around 80-120, so some people just hackusate me sometimes. On my screen they're in front of me but on theirs I am a little further out. Minecraft is a ping based game so if you know how to fight laggers, you are good. Nice post BTW.:D
This entire post is pretending every player has 1 Ms, the lowest possible without hosting. I really in no way talk about high ping players during this thread.

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I’m referring to when 3 block hits are possible though. If it’s a LAN type environment, ping should be non existent. The reasons why Minecraft can never become an eSport.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I’m referring to when 3 block hits are possible though. If it’s a LAN type environment, ping should be non existent. The reasons why Minecraft can never become an eSport.
Even if 0 Ms is present the odds of either player getting 3 block hits is extremely unlikely. It will be between 2.8 and 3.0, the odds of 3 are very low.

Reactions: 6qm_

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
The vanilla reach is 5 blocks (as of 1.8) so you should be able to get a hit from 3 being legit.

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
So you are saying that on a LAN environment... I can't hit my friend from 3 blocks out? I think with just sprint hits alone, you can get at least a 4 block hit if you hit at the right angle.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Do you have some evidence of the numbers you found?
I have searched for some time on the internet and a few random people say reach is sometimes increased to compensate the lag.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
So essentially, you want players to be banned for their ping? What exactly is the point of this being in the suggestions section when it doesn't seem to "suggest" anything.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
So essentially, you want players to be banned for their ping? What exactly is the point of this being in the suggestions section when it doesn't seem to "suggest" anything.
Great what is the suggestion then? I think you are just trying to say a fact here
I don't get this hontesly.
The suggestion is for any of you to try and find the gaping flaw of logic in this explanation.
I think there is a flaw of logic in his post and we have to find what's wrong with it and fix that....just what I think....I don't know...
If I would have his sources I'd maybe get into it and try to find the unlogical thing...

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think there is a flaw of logic in his post and we have to find what's wrong with it and fix that....just what I think....I don't know...
If I would have his sources I'd maybe get into it and try to find the unlogical thing...
What do you mean cite my sources, this is just how the game works as far as sending packets and attacking players.
No, in a straightline situation I want awareness of the fact that if anyone gets a 3 block hit they are cheating. Unless there is a loss of packets the ping of the player doesn't matter.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
What do you mean cite my sources, this is just how the game works as far as sending packets and attacking players.

All their information will be sent in the next tick with 0.05 delay.
Source?
I believe the players move at least 4 blocks a second.
Source?
player A's hit would of had to been 3-2.8 blocks away.
Source that you know Cubecraft didn't slightly edit this?
player B will be 0.2 blocks closer to A and A will be 0.12 blocks closer to B.
Most likely I am being stupid but why do these 0.2 and 0.12 differ if they both run at each other?

So if anyone ever gets a 3 block hit on anyone. They are cheating.
Don't forget speed ;)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
This is how ticks work. There are 20 tps which is how often information is monitored.
Screenshot_20180614-081257.png

Source that you know Cubecraft didn't slightly edit this?
They can't make it longer if that's what you are asking.
Most likely I am being stupid but why do these 0.2 and 0.12 differ if they both run at each other?
Because when a player sends an attack packet they move 0.6 times as fast as usual.
Don't forget speed ;)
That would support my cause even greater and make the hits even shorter.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom