Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
This is how ticks work. There are 20 tps which is how often information is monitored.

View attachment 146813

They can't make it longer if that's what you are asking.

Because when a player sends an attack packet they move 0.6 times as fast as usual.

That would support my cause even greater and make the hits even shorter.

Thanks, this clarifies it a lot!
I honestly never knew attacks slow the player down.
About the speed, I meant that it feels like speed increases your reach, so you can reach 3 blocks without cheat with 1 ms.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Thanks, this clarifies it a lot!
I honestly never knew attacks slow the player down.
About the speed, I meant that it feels like speed increases your reach, so you can reach 3 blocks without cheat with 1 ms.
Speed does not change reach however what it can do is make it so if you S tap or walk away from the player you move further getting longer hits.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Speed does not change reach however what it can do is make it so if you S tap or walk away from the player you move further getting longer hits.
Ah because the hit package has to wait for the next game tick, so you walk away before before the hit becomes visible, right?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Ah because the hit package has to wait for the next game tick, so you walk away before before the hit becomes visible, right?
I honestly have next to no clue on how this precisely works. Because even if you move before the hit registers the server should see you in the place where you were when you hit them. So on your side, yes the hit should look further away. However on server side that shouldn't change. I have no idea how reach hits happen when people lag. What I do know is that however they work having speed let's you get larger laggy reach hits since you can move faster and away from them.

Reactions: Shallidor
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom