?

• Total voters

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The void seems low enough

It definitely reaches past the point of no-return
You aren’t going to be going very far over the ground anyways so it seems low enough

I have no opinion on the latter

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I agree, but I don't think it's really worth the time it would take to implement it. Making the void lower is a bit more complicated than you might realize. The build team would literally have to copy/paste every single one of our existing maps and make them higher, then the dev team would have to completely redo configs for things like chest locations, player spawn locations, cage locations, etc.
Copy/pasting is simple
Chest location changes = you increase the Y value by however much the map's Y value has relatively increased by
Ditto for spawn locations
Ditto for cage locations

How is that NOT worth the time to implement?????????

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I agree, but I don't think it's really worth the time it would take to implement it. Making the void lower is a bit more complicated than you might realize. The build team would literally have to copy/paste every single one of our existing maps and make them higher, then the dev team would have to completely redo configs for things like chest locations, player spawn locations, cage locations, etc.

I like this. Could be a nice Iron+ perk.
We have to make money somehow. Loot and fancy colored chat aren't exactly enough for expensive ranks.
Why did you guys decide to create all the maps so low in the first place? I don't think I've actually seen anybody ever ask for it. It has been a requested change for quite some time now, and so what if it costs some time, it's not like every other requested change doesn't cost a lot of time?

I also think it'd be pretty stupid to add the suggested feature to ranked players only, like Gainful even said, you can simply implement the base suggestion for everyone and then expand on it with some features for ranked players.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
For those who convince about the rejoin feature: People, CubeCraft is a business. They have to make money, otherwise there wouldn't be developers, and no developers means no games, and no games mean no server. So, without making perks for rankers, nobody would buy a rank, and the server wouldn't exist.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.

Very optimistic.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday, Skate! 🛼 🎈
As I am pretty close to fact #60, I would like to ask something. Do you all like Minecraft facts or irl facts? I have been posting Minecraft facts for five days for a change. If you want mc facts, I am pretty sure I have a few more. If you all want irl facts, I have no problem in doing that! Although I would have to check the availability of the facts, this would help me post more interesting and fun facts!
Top Bottom